Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Build of the Week: Chin Sol Trapnel Shot

I always wondered what newbies meant when they said they were looking for a build "that could do all content".

This is one example I would now tell them to avoid, I don't see this build in anything past T5.

4k life, zero mitigation and bad recovery?
Perception is reality.
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:
This is why I dont plaay trap or mine builds. Sure you have nice damage, but with no leech and a sketchy hp pool it's just not for me.

And I dont even play HC.

Tinkerskin gives you an instant 100 life and 50 ES when a trap is triggered. When a cluster is triggered that is a big chunk of instant life and ES.

My tinkerskin wearing trapper pretty much never has to use a health pot.

No offense, but maybe this is why you struggle to get to level 90? That pitiful amount of recovery is in no way viable in tougher red tier maps. These days, you need thousands of life recovered per second (thanks mostly to Berserker VP builds), not a filthy 300 life every few seconds while you wait for traps to come off cooldown.

Tinkerskin and passives give some trap cooldown. There's also a support gem available, if desired.

Beserker (or Vaal Pact, but likely just Beserker) will be nerfed at some point, trust me. That'll level the playing field more so that people who actually invest in some kind of defense - or just manual avoidance in the case of trappers, summoners and totemers - rather than just cheesy levels of leech for virtually no cost (apart from running lab a couple times) can properly be compared with each other rather than just being written off for having 'no leech'. As Catarina says, "I look forward to that day".
Fix game, truly optimize graphics (not that tra$h rendering what u made in 3.0, because particle effect optimization is not rendering full screen on DOS resolution), do balances, fix skills... too much job and GGG do nothing, waiting on November "new" support packs maybe?
Poe is dying or is already dead. Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.
damn bex sounds like a little grill...
"
widardd wrote:
I always wondered what newbies meant when they said they were looking for a build "that could do all content".

This is one example I would now tell them to avoid, I don't see this build in anything past T5.

Hi! I made this build specifically to farm currency at the beginning of the league as it cleared everything up to T13 safely with the 4-l setup. Including uber-lab runs and stuff. So it netted me like 12 exalts in a couple of days. First time I'd ever had that much at the start.

The BotW gave me a burst of motivation and I threw on a 5-l, got rid of blackgleam and the deerstalkers, and am sitting at 4.7k hp now and just attempted Shaper for the first time and did it deathless. I'm posting the shaper vid tomorrow in the guide if you're interested to see it clear that, for now I'm gonna go to bed :)

All the best!
"
lbracadabra wrote:
"
4k life, long CD on traps, no leech, 10c brings you to "early endgame maps" (as the creator of the build wrote in his guide; and only high end gear made it endgame viable), a thread with little pages and only a very short guide... Build of the week? Like... seriously?

tl;dr: 4k life, no def/leech, too lil dmg, build of the weAk

Do you think its easy to find overpowered builds outside the meta box every week?
Build of the week is basicly about ppl enjoying the game by doing their own uniq stuff.
Else ggg gotta show you on the front page every week with your meta following build.

Edit: actually just wanted to comment the funny intro 🙂

I am not talking about a non-meta-build. I am talking about some build, that is not endgame viable.

"
Tinkerskin gives you an instant 100 life and 50 ES when a trap is triggered. When a cluster is triggered that is a big chunk of instant life and ES.

My tinkerskin wearing trapper pretty much never has to use a health pot.

Too bad he uses his ES as mana... no need for a mana pot, eh?
"
Baldersh wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

Hi! I made this build specifically to farm currency at the beginning of the league as it cleared everything up to T13 safely with the 4-l setup. Including uber-lab runs and stuff. So it netted me like 12 exalts in a couple of days. First time I'd ever had that much at the start.

The BotW gave me a burst of motivation and I threw on a 5-l, got rid of blackgleam and the deerstalkers, and am sitting at 4.7k hp now and just attempted Shaper for the first time and did it deathless. I'm posting the shaper vid tomorrow in the guide if you're interested to see it clear that, for now I'm gonna go to bed :)

All the best!

Oh I can definitely see the value for a league starter, GGG should maybe mention that.

Congrats on managing to kill shaper!

But still, assuming zero mitigation (which eva/dodge basically are) I wouldn't consider anything below 6k life viable in red and even yellow maps unless you're ok with dying every now and then.
Perception is reality.
"
Coolmer wrote:
Fix game, truly optimize graphics (not that tra$h rendering what u made in 3.0, because particle effect optimization is not rendering full screen on DOS resolution), do balances, fix skills... too much job and GGG do nothing, waiting on November "new" support packs maybe?
Poe is dying or is already dead. Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

I agree with you on some points but saying the game is dying is pretty delusional.
"
widardd wrote:
"
Baldersh wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

All the best!

Oh I can definitely see the value for a league starter, GGG should maybe mention that.

Congrats on managing to kill shaper!

But still, assuming zero mitigation (which eva/dodge basically are) I wouldn't consider anything below 6k life viable in red and even yellow maps unless you're ok with dying every now and then.

Dude really...?

if you have really fast atack and insta VP leech, you pretty much only need to avoid the oneshots, that makes much of bosses facetankable... with this buzz thing, I facetanked goddess in t3 (with dmg/atack speed mod), facetanked argus in t12, even kaom in abyss... so I would totally not agree with 6k being bare minimum to be "viable", as I find current 4.3k quite ok (currently amulet and belt have no life because #justBiscoTHings). if/when I go shaper I will surely get proper life on both.

Yellow maps are all faceroll, I don't remember when there was a non stupid death in those.
"
Exile009 wrote:

Beserker (or Vaal Pact, but likely just Beserker) will be nerfed at some point, trust me. That'll level the playing field more so that people who actually invest in some kind of defense .

Nerfing berserkers won't fix any of the issues regarding balance in the game, it'll just hurt berserkers. The biggest problems being that:

1. Fights are balanced around being the maximum distance away
2. instant kills
3. trashmobs that can very easily OHK from a distance
4. Armor and evasion are awful
5. the only defensive pools to work being high health/es/leech/distance

What this means is you cannot do endgame content unless you have adequate life in some form or another, and can mitigate with instant or near instant leech. Blocking is the only strong defensive measure, but taking it almost mandates the loss of endgame worthy dps.

You could completely change things by making armor work as mitigation more similar to resistances, and somehow converting evasion to the dodge mechanics. That in itself would go a long way around toning down one shots, and lessening the need for insanely large hp pools and leech. At that point you could change vaal pact and leech entirely. Defenses as a whole have been crying out for a double dip tier rework for some time.

The game is far too dependent on oneshots, and being at range, which kills diversity and puts a damper on most melee builds at endgame if you lack the isntant leech. Ideally you want a balance of oneshots, low damage and high damage attacks,examples of some of the better balance in the game, are most of the new bosses like Kitava, and Innocence. So as I said up top, nerfing Berserker just hurts the class and doesn't fix the deeper running gameplay issues.
Last edited by Attlus on Sep 14, 2017, 4:16:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info