Lelouchzqy wrote:
build of the weak?
HAHAHA !
My InGameName: Aui
"
widardd wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
I can see that people have no clue what the idea behind "build of the week" is.
Just a hint, it's not a showcase for builds that faceroll everything ...

Do you understand the difference between "facerolling" and "surviving maps past T5"?

"
Incredible wrote:

The creator himself said his build was just a league starter and not viable enough to do anything but early map currency grinding.

GGG seems to have missed that part...

You're putting words in my mouth. I said it was viable up to early red maps, including full key uber runs. I've downed shaper now with a 5-l bringing the cost to about 40c. What I said was in its state when I made the build (10c budget on the second day), you could safely do everything up to early red maps.
"
Baldersh wrote:

You're putting words in my mouth. I said it was viable up to early red maps, including full key uber runs. I've downed shaper now with a 5-l bringing the cost to about 40c. What I said was in its state when I made the build (10c budget on the second day), you could safely do everything up to early red maps.

Does "viable" in your eyes include dying every now and then?

Because, let's be honest here, that's what's going to happen.

Anecdotal evidence like "I killed this thing" does not work as an argument for your survivability due to the randomness of things in poe.

One single corpse explosions from the spider forest boss under added dmg and increased monster life will probably oneshot you already.

And that's neither a difficult map nor are these particularly scary mods.

What happens in a turbo, added dmg, crit T12?

A single white leaper will oneshot you.

I am not trying to discredit your build or anything, but if your defensive strategy is "kill shit before it kills you or you're dead" one should add this as a disclaimer.

Congrats for getting picked for BOTW, I see you're a long time player so that's probably a dream coming true for you. :)
Perception is reality.
I'm actually doing this build,

I wanted to revive Ignite Chin sol trapper and I found TC post prior to this and started to use shrapnel shot

I'm not at shaper because i'm a casual and I have only few red map so far and the damage is still there.

Let be clear, its not an easy build to do, that build does not have a lot of margin of errors,
missing throw or bad positioning can led to your death often.

The survivibility of this build is more of a problem with trapper and the right side of the tree than anything else (no leech, barely any regen)

That said its a true evasion build.

Its Atziri viable (one of my easiest atziri kill with a budget build)
Its uber lab viable

And I can see in skilled player hand , it is shaper viable

BUT IT IS NOT a faceroll build

That said here is my observation while playing this build:
-Saboteur ascendancy is utter trash I think the buiuld would be more powerfull as Assassin.
-I dont understand why the trap gem as a longer cooldown recovery than intrinsic trap gem (lightning trap,fire trap ,etc)
- I dont understand why the cooldown is per trap spell and not trap setup cause I would use 2x shrapnel trap setup instead of blastrain or vaal burning arrow

Also the BEST survavibility setup for me so far on that build is CWDT + frostwall, not only it stop anything that damage you, with Tinkerskin you can phase through it (so not a problem) and you can throw over it and trap triggers through it , so it is god sent.
Last edited by ffogell on Sep 14, 2017, 2:24:53 PM
chin sol is so old and know... yawn...

next build of the weak?
Say wut? Chinsol Trapper on botw? Are we going back in time and hype old builds? This is rather dissapointing. I hope to see something refresing and new next week.
Old build, but why would anyone post their great build for it to be nerfed next patch?
IGN: LessBow
3.0 brought so much build diversity.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
widardd wrote:
"
Baldersh wrote:

Does "viable" in your eyes include dying every now and then?

Because, let's be honest here, that's what's going to happen.

Anecdotal evidence like "I killed this thing" does not work as an argument for your survivability due to the randomness of things in poe.

One single corpse explosions from the spider forest boss under added dmg and increased monster life will probably oneshot you already.

And that's neither a difficult map nor are these particularly scary mods.

What happens in a turbo, added dmg, crit T12?

A single white leaper will oneshot you.

I am not trying to discredit your build or anything, but if your defensive strategy is "kill shit before it kills you or you're dead" one should add this as a disclaimer.

Congrats for getting picked for BOTW, I see you're a long time player so that's probably a dream coming true for you. :)

I die every now and again with every single build I've ever played in this game.

What I really tried to do with the build, is showcase what you can and will do, with some terribly optimized and cheap gear. I personally don't find it fun min-maxing every single item I have, or making sure my flasks are absolutely perfect. I'm just a dude trying to enjoy a game casually.

For some reason people have this tendency to look at a build without paying attention to the items it's using and what its trying to do, and judge it against builds using a 6-L and a Kaom's Heart. And yeah, if you compare that insanity to the level 86 dude where I still had a mana flask even though I was using tinkerskin, and had 10c of gear on day 2 of the league, it'll no doubt look like a pile of shit.

That wouldn't really be a fair comparison though would it? A fair comparison would be another league starter than can do as much content as safely as this build can, with the same investment.

It's not the most powerful build in the game, and it's certainly not the tankiest build in the game. It IS one of, if not the best league starter I've ever played made for the average Joe who likes to play the game at their own leisure and not race to a 6-L immediately.
good leaguestarter, very budget and can do the highest of content. great build! even hydra is going down in the video!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info