[3.3]Stormquake's Trapnel Shot Bow Bomber | All Endgame Content Viable!

"
Stormquake wrote:
"
I will be updating, although not much has changed outside of the fact that Shaper gloves are really good for this build!

How does shaper's touch add to this build. Also under the required -or- helpful uniques you mentioned thunderfist, however thunderfist is lvl 67 and shaper's touch is 66. is thundefist still helpful or is shaper's now better?
Last edited by SnowStory on Jan 21, 2018, 8:17:11 AM
"
SnowStory wrote:
"
Stormquake wrote:
"
I will be updating, although not much has changed outside of the fact that Shaper gloves are really good for this build!

How does shaper's touch add to this build. Also under the required -or- helpful uniques you mentioned thunderfist, however thunderfist is lvl 67 and shaper's touch is 66. is thundefist still helpful or is shaper's now better?

Woops, I meant Shaped gloves!

Ones with trap supports as affixes and such.
"
Stormquake wrote:
"
SnowStory wrote:
"
Stormquake wrote:
"

Woops, I meant Shaped gloves!

Ones with trap supports as affixes and such.

ah, makes sense. Also what is the reason to use a rare quiver, is there just no unique quiver that synergises with this build?
Last edited by SnowStory on Jan 22, 2018, 4:54:36 AM
"
SnowStory wrote:

ah, makes sense. Also what is the reason to use a rare quiver, is there just no unique quiver that synergises with this build?

Unique quivers don't really synergize with this build, no. Many unique quivers are good because they boost attack speed and phys damage, which doesn't benefit this build at all. Not only that, but you'd need a corrupted unique with +1 to arrows given how much nicer it is to have 3 arrows on this build as opposed to 2. With the new Shaped/Elder quivers being able to roll +1 arrows naturally rather than needing corruption, rare quivers are better than ever for this build!
Heya there,

really liking your build and am currently leveling a variation of it (currently level 50ish).

My variation is: Chain instead of Pierce and additional arrows, with full ele conversion (Either Signal Fire or PtL gem, not sure yet). I use a Chain gem, Ricochet Ascendancy and plan to use that Amulet that gives you an additional chain and absurd damage the further your arrows chain (can't recall the name right now sorry). Right now I am at 3 chains and while the damage is obviously lower, coverage is amazing for mobbing.

I have one question Independent from my Points above: In your guide you metnion "Having two of these also helps a lot with stationary end-game bosses as they allow for all of your traps to detonate if aimed properly."

Well, how DO you aim your Shrapnel Traps properly? Granted, I can't equip Chin Sol yet but my trapnels don't always seem to trigger all at once like yours seem to do and therefore explode rares. I have all trigger radius on the tree and jewels already.
ign: PhrozenFlame
"
cocomoloco wrote:
Heya there,

really liking your build and am currently leveling a variation of it (currently level 50ish).

My variation is: Chain instead of Pierce and additional arrows, with full ele conversion (Either Signal Fire or PtL gem, not sure yet). I use a Chain gem, Ricochet Ascendancy and plan to use that Amulet that gives you an additional chain and absurd damage the further your arrows chain (can't recall the name right now sorry). Right now I am at 3 chains and while the damage is obviously lower, coverage is amazing for mobbing.

I have one question Independent from my Points above: In your guide you metnion "Having two of these also helps a lot with stationary end-game bosses as they allow for all of your traps to detonate if aimed properly."

Well, how DO you aim your Shrapnel Traps properly? Granted, I can't equip Chin Sol yet but my trapnels don't always seem to trigger all at once like yours seem to do and therefore explode rares. I have all trigger radius on the tree and jewels already.

I'm unsure if chain is a good path of action for Shrapnel Shot given how good it is at piercing.

Also, on the aiming bit, generally with the trigger radius I have, just keeping my mouse on my target when I'm throwing my clusters tends to do the trick!
"
Stormquake wrote:
I'm unsure if chain is a good path of action for Shrapnel Shot given how good it is at piercing.

Can you elaborate a bit? Shrapnel is used exclusively for single target anyway (or when the other two traps are on cooldown), so why does the pierce matter at all?

And in any case, pierce mechanically has priority over chain, so it actually shouldn't even matter (see Projectile page on the wiki). However, maybe due to a bug, since taking the Ricochet node, my Shrapnel Shot actually has lost its pierce, at least on the tooltip. Now it reads "Pierces 0 enemies". Not sure what that is all about
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Jan 26, 2018, 5:25:37 AM
"
cocomoloco wrote:
"
Stormquake wrote:

Can you elaborate a bit? Shrapnel is used exclusively for single target anyway (or when the other two traps are on cooldown), so why does the pierce matter at all?

And in any case, pierce mechanically has priority over chain, so it actually shouldn't even matter (see Projectile page on the wiki). However, maybe due to a bug, since taking the Ricochet node, my Shrapnel Shot actually has lost its pierce, at least on the tooltip. Now it reads "Pierces 0 enemies". Not sure what that is all about

That might just be a tooltip bug, but anywho... I think chain is just unoptimal for damage as opposed to the close distance pierce, especially if you're using a chain support gem given how much that lowers damage.
"
How about Watcher's Eye that gives "24% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath" ?

This build scales more on flat lightning damage than on the base physical damage, but I imagine a nice watcher's eye with such a mod would still add a decent amount of damage.
Tarkecat has a good explanation of shaped gloves for trappers in a recent youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mom7QKDUOTQ&t=361s

the +1 affixes are hidden but you can use poe.trade to search for +1 trap gloves by using 2 filter groups:

first is AND with shaped "Socketed gems are supported by level # traps" and what ever else you need like max. life and res.
second is NOT with shaped "#% increased trap damage"

I can confirm the +1 traps is global and affects all three trap skills ;)

Seems to me that murder mitts would be ideal, be sure to factor in the cost of chroming when you pick gloves, it cost me nearly 20c to vorici GGGR on this base.

ThedudeVT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info