[3.3]Stormquake's Trapnel Shot Bow Bomber | All Endgame Content Viable!

Petition to rename this ChinSolTrapper to Chinstrap
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Petition to rename this ChinSolTrapper to Chinstrap

Petition awaiting approval
This is my second season in POE and I never played a trap build, but i will give this build a try. It looks really interesting. Thank you for the guide!

A weapon swap with culling strike is mentioned in the guide. Is there a way to use culling strike with split arrow and trap support in the weapon swap? Or do i have to shoot the split arrow on my own?
"
boindd wrote:
This is my second season in POE and I never played a trap build, but i will give this build a try. It looks really interesting. Thank you for the guide!

A weapon swap with culling strike is mentioned in the guide. Is there a way to use culling strike with split arrow and trap support in the weapon swap? Or do i have to shoot the split arrow on my own?

You could link the culling split arrow to traps, but I prefer to self-shoot it

since this also works with traps/mines, you should consider using one of these (or another glove with the corruption, maybe thunderfist?) if you can get the resistances elsewhere.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Sep 14, 2017, 7:34:42 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:

since this also works with traps/mines, you should consider using one of these (or another glove with the corruption, maybe thunderfist?) if you can get the resistances elsewhere.

It's not the resists that are an issue there, but the lack of life and accuracy. Well-rolled gripped gloves actually outdamage both Maligaro's Virtuosity and Thunderfist on this build.
I meant specifically for the corruption. That gives you around 20% More DPS at the expense of life.

Edit: Why aren't you running Dying Sun? Also you should do a damage breakdown in your first post, the fact that cones overlap means crazy shotgunning with +arrows. You get about 66‰ more base DPS per arrow thanks to overlapping cones and the jewels. The damage on this build is truly absurd, it scales even better than Barrage with +arrows.

I'm going to try both Pathfinder and Assassin variations this weekend to see if they might be more optimal.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Sep 15, 2017, 4:26:26 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
I meant specifically for the corruption. That gives you around 20% More DPS at the expense of life.

Edit: Why aren't you running Dying Sun? Also you should do a damage breakdown in your first post, the fact that cones overlap means crazy shotgunning with +arrows. You get about 66‰ more base DPS per arrow thanks to overlapping cones and the jewels. The damage on this build is truly absurd, it scales even better than Barrage with +arrows.

I'm going to try both Pathfinder and Assassin variations this weekend to see if they might be more optimal.

A damage breakdown portion would be good, I'll put that in sometime soon, probably alongside a pros/cons section.

Also, I'm fairly sure there aren't more cones with more projectiles. The reason that I like having 3 projectiles is simply for better damage coverage due to more angles being shot. Dying Sun would give me more coverage, but I'm unsure which flask I would drop for it. Assassin and Pathfinder versions would definitely want to be running Dying Sun. They may end up doing more damage, but it's important to remember the utility that Deadeye has.
Hey man I love your build running with it right now but what do you think about running hasty reconstruction? I'm running 2 5-links and I didnt want to use thunderfist so i opted to just use 2 traps but reduce the cd with the node. Your thoughts about this?
"
ragewarror wrote:
Hey man I love your build running with it right now but what do you think about running hasty reconstruction? I'm running 2 5-links and I didnt want to use thunderfist so i opted to just use 2 traps but reduce the cd with the node. Your thoughts about this?

I would definitely recommend running three traps after you acquire two 6Ls. Use one 6L for Shrapnel and the other as two effective-5Ls. Also, Hasty Reconstruction is definitely something to consider. If you're fine with having less health, you can integrate it into your build instead of the 15% health circle that's nearby Arcing Blows.

Personally, I was dedicated to hitting 5k health, but Hasty Reconstruction can certainly provide more effective DPS, especially if you stick with running only two types of traps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info