Harbinger League Area Statistics

need more nerf es and nerf berserk. Soon we will all farmed beach/oasis on hc.
Good to see some NEW data, rather than GGG boasting that they can show us incomplete pieces of what players can already get from third-party websites.

As for the simple "top/bottom 10 lists" it might be a BIT better if GGG had actually told us the actual number measured... Granted, a bit of thought does quickly reveal what it is... The "most deadly" are clearly measured in terms of number of player deaths, while the hint for culling zones like hideouts makes it clear that "popular" is simply a measure of most instances created. (rather than total playertime spent in said instances)

As for the deadliest zones, the only real surprise is, MAYBE, that Harbour Bridge made the list. In terms of boss fights, Solaris+Lunaris is kinda underwhelming; MIGHT surprise you at first with how hard they might hit, but overall, a player can quickly get the flow of the battle, and it's not much a risk of death at all. It still remains to be seen, given the contrast with other wonky expansion bosses, whether it means the boss fight is too easy or actually just balanced right; I'd decline to declare either the case until maybe some balance tweaking is brought to the OTHER bosses.

So the real reason? I suspect that since Harbour Bridge is a major farm zone, (though not quite on the top 10) that a lot of deaths may be accidental ones while farming it. This would make sense, and make up for the difference with the number of deaths in The High Gardens, as the vast majority of players can agree that Yugul is a nastier boss than the twin goddesses.

For maps, I suspect this is ALSO the reason why "Maze of the Minotaur" manages to be the deadliest, with "Lair of the Hydra" not even on the top 10. Simply put, I'm pretty sure that Minotaur is the most-run guardian. It makes sense, given that his fight is almost certainly the most straightforward, (path of least resistances to that 40/40) and for certain types of build, his fight is utterly trivial.

Lastly for deaths, what might be telling is to compare number of deaths on standard Harbinger vs. Hardcore harbinger... As in, the difference in total deaths. I suspect that The Feeding Trough accounts for a HUGE percentage of standard deaths, far more than even the #2, but its percentage would go DOWN on hardcore, indicating that there's a lot of players zergging Kitava. This is probably a BAD sign, if it appears that the game encourages this sort of behavior for the supposed "epic climactic showdown" at the end of the main storyline.

The only last note is that I was a bit surprised that Maelström of Chaos made the list for longest instances, (It's a quick, linear run?) while, say, Death and Taxes (with its annoyingly slow "lead the boss to the next portal" mechanic) did not.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
new bosses = most deadliest, and they don't realise that the new bosses are too strong accordingly. idiots
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Songweaver wrote:
The Feeding Trough, The Cathedral Rooftop, The Harbour Bridge?
Like, really?
I don't know man, I find nothing deadly about those...even the main story boss is easy when you learn the mechanics and pay attention...

and why in the FUCK would I want or have to do that?! it has nothing to do with the rest of the game. I died 100 times to the new bosses, 5 times in the rest of the 10 acts. the bosses are too HARD design-wise!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
lindstrom wrote:
"
vjarko wrote:
"
Grohlvaan wrote:

GGG runs a free to play game, and in order for them to fund this free to play game they often need to overlook what might be obvious issues to push out new content to keep their game relevant and popular.

People always expect a lot from GGG, but it's a free to play game and people don't actually seem to understand what that entails.

Free to play game does not mean that the quality must be poor. F2P is just different monetization.
A lot of people stopped playing because of poor quality. If I press some skill and it does nothing because of some internal issue it's bad. Very often some skills are not executed, you have to press same button again. This is not acceptable for me.

So you say, I prefer when I point somewhere, that the skill takes me to exactly where I pointed. If I want to just make a quick escape, use shift.

Ask wanders if they want more open spaces.
I really hate people that just want highway maps. Seriously.
Btw, GGG already stated that they're working on an option to change that by default, like if you want to flame dash without running to the spot, or keep it as it is now.

And yea, having some clutter in corridors isn't poor a poor decision. Or do you live in an empty house?
And about skills not working, you either have your keyboard cluttered with shit, or you're trying to shield charge without a shield.

NOTE: There's a curse that prevents you from using skills, in case you never noticed. I figured you're a D3 player, and seriously, go back to where you came from. I've never read so much retarded shit from one person.

Also "Scrolls are an outdated mechanic" made me laugh my ass off

Like seriously. It does not seems that you have brain in your skull :)
So your advice is "You have to have shield in your hand to use shield charge. Amazing idea.
I know about curses that some of them can cause that you can't cast a spell or so but it was not the case. Play with shield charge with very high attack speed modifier a days and then you will find it at least not much comfortable to use. Quiet often is laggy as well and I have 8ping to London.

"Having some clutter in corridors isn't poor a poor decision. Or do you live in an empty house?"
- Not all obstacles does not need to have necessary collisions. Shield charge is stuck on every single mall stone. Open your eyes.

Technically the game has poor quality. I am not saying the game is bad. I said what I don't like.
But technically the game is bad. The performance is terrible. Big area damage causes FPS spikes like hell.
If you track how much percent POE using CPU it's silly. POE also ignores your other cores on your CPU. My CPU temperature is 30% more then in any other game. In 2017 here is a game which uses CPU so hard. There are tons of technical issues which mark this game as poor quality.

But on the other hand, as I said before, they brings a lot of nice and original features which somehow overlap poor technical quality so a lot of people can be happy. But it does not work for me.
I prefer high quality game with less content then poor quality game with more content.

And scrolls ? Scrolls were introduced in D1 and D2 and it's outdated and pointless.

"
Torture Chamber, on the other hand, is just tricky to navigate.

Nope. They just want to kill all single mob, because skip boss.
Spoiler
"
lindstrom wrote:
"
vjarko wrote:
"
Grohlvaan wrote:

GGG runs a free to play game, and in order for them to fund this free to play game they often need to overlook what might be obvious issues to push out new content to keep their game relevant and popular.

People always expect a lot from GGG, but it's a free to play game and people don't actually seem to understand what that entails.

Free to play game does not mean that the quality must be poor. F2P is just different monetization.
A lot of people stopped playing because of poor quality. If I press some skill and it does nothing because of some internal issue it's bad. Very often some skills are not executed, you have to press same button again. This is not acceptable for me.

So you say, I prefer when I point somewhere, that the skill takes me to exactly where I pointed. If I want to just make a quick escape, use shift.

Ask wanders if they want more open spaces.
I really hate people that just want highway maps. Seriously.
Btw, GGG already stated that they're working on an option to change that by default, like if you want to flame dash without running to the spot, or keep it as it is now.

And yea, having some clutter in corridors isn't poor a poor decision. Or do you live in an empty house?
And about skills not working, you either have your keyboard cluttered with shit, or you're trying to shield charge without a shield.

NOTE: There's a curse that prevents you from using skills, in case you never noticed. I figured you're a D3 player, and seriously, go back to where you came from. I've never read so much retarded shit from one person.

Also "Scrolls are an outdated mechanic" made me laugh my ass off

"
vjarko wrote:
Like seriously. It does not seems that you have brain in your skull :)
So your advice is "You have to have shield in your hand to use shield charge. Amazing idea.
I know about curses that some of them can cause that you can't cast a spell or so but it was not the case. Play with shield charge with very high attack speed modifier a days and then you will find it at least not much comfortable to use. Quiet often is laggy as well and I have 8ping to London.

The reason people are writing that you have to have a shield equipped is due to the fact that nobody else has any idea what you are talking about. Nobody here knows what problem you have, so it has to be on your end.

"
vjarko wrote:
"Having some clutter in corridors isn't poor a poor decision. Or do you live in an empty house?"
- Not all obstacles does not need to have necessary collisions. Shield charge is stuck on every single mall stone. Open your eyes.

Or you can "open your eyes" and not aim for every single small stone you can find.

"
vjarko wrote:
Technically the game has poor quality. I am not saying the game is bad. I said what I don't like.
But technically the game is bad. The performance is terrible. Big area damage causes FPS spikes like hell.
If you track how much percent POE using CPU it's silly. POE also ignores your other cores on your CPU. My CPU temperature is 30% more then in any other game. In 2017 here is a game which uses CPU so hard. There are tons of technical issues which mark this game as poor quality.

Performance isn't that bad, perhaps in a few scenarios like a cast when damage taken build in a 40% pack size breach, but else than that I never have any real issues with the performance.
Oh, and for the CPU, that is on your end too. You could always try to fix that by simply opening the options menu, scroll down to the second last option on the graphics and enable multithreading.

"
vjarko wrote:
But on the other hand, as I said before, they brings a lot of nice and original features which somehow overlap poor technical quality so a lot of people can be happy. But it does not work for me.
I prefer high quality game with less content then poor quality game with more content.

The "poor quality" is rather your opinion than a fact, as you try to make it out to be.
I can agree that they've added a lot of nice features and content, but I'm still not really sure what you mean with "poor quality" since everything you've mentioned is on your end.

"
vjarko wrote:
And scrolls ? Scrolls were introduced in D1 and D2 and it's outdated and pointless.

There is a portal gem in the game, you might not have noticed that yet. What would you want instead of wisdom scrolls? Everything drops identified and clutter the entire screen. Or maybe you want it to be like in D3 that you think so highly of, where you have to press each item and wait for a long ass time while it identifies, or you have to leave your map and go to town to identify your whole inventory? Very intuitive, such amazing.
We have the scroll system due to it being an effective and working way of doing it.
It's really pointless to still answering so I will leave you here.
My last words :
I have issues with some skill not only on one machine. It happens on another machine what ! was playing on as well. The machines are high end so not really shit. If I press a button and it has delay 0.5 second or more and I have ping 8 and fps 60 then it's not much responsive. It's not happening always so it means the delay is not intended and it's just broken.
You can't see it probably because you did not play something else which has much more smoother feeling. This game it's just not much responsive. You don't have a control over your character as you should have. Nothing else to say.

If you saying that performance is good than you just don't know what performance means. Maybe if you playing on 800x600 maybe I don't know. For the instance I am charging to 20 mobs using dark pact. Everything is oneshoted and i get 20fps for a second. This is happening always. So you are getting big spikes which harms the game.

But I will leave you here have a nice gaming ;)
I wonder if torture chamber is taking so long because of players trying to full clear it hehe :)
Thank you, GGG. This statistics was interesting.

I surprised, that Doedre in Sewers not №1 deadliest.
From lvling bosses I scared of her the most.
Than final Kitava (mostly because of deadly spawned monsters, that hitting so hard for reasons)
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info