[3.5]Wild Strike||T1-16 viable||UPDATED||500k+ shaper dps + instant leech survivability

Hey, I've been doing similar build to yours, but I'm not sure which flask should i get, Taste of Hate or perfect Wise Oak. Taste of Hate could help with my Abyssus, but it's feels like Wise oak is working good with randomness of wild strike. Which one would be better?
Last edited by ZMEIZMEI on Jul 2, 2018, 3:17:10 PM
Will this build be viable for xoph?
Playing Path Of Exile since talisman
"
Reasonableman wrote:
So, I'm pretty new to the game, so anyone should feel free to correct me, but I think acrobatics is a waste, especially after you get Kaom's Roots, and even more so after you manage to scrounge together a 6L armor.

Kaom's Roots give Unwavering Stance, which is vital, because being stunned means we die when our leech drops, but it also kills all the evasion from our high dex, the Starkonja's/Rat's Nest, and leaves us with just our halved armor and reduced energy shield, plus that dodge. Until you have crazy high life, you can just get one-punched by the majority of high phys hits.

If, instead, you invest that point and a couple scrounged from jewels or life, you can stretch over to Iron Reflexes, and get most of your evasion back as armor, and seriously boost your phys reduction. This gives you way more breathing room for big hits and between packs.

Agree, acrobatics is a waste in this build. A chance to dodge a hit vs the ability to just not be 1 shot due to the extra armor + that extra chance to block. Seems like a no brainer. So dont know why people would want acrobatics.

Also seems Ancestral Protector is much better then Ancestral Warchief gem.
More melee range and extra attack speed+ gives me more overall dps over ancenstral warchief that slows down your attack speed and increase melee attack damage. But ends up as less.
Last edited by ShaseMeow on Jul 2, 2018, 12:05:12 PM
"
ShaseMeow wrote:
"
Reasonableman wrote:
So, I'm pretty new to the game, so anyone should feel free to correct me, but I think acrobatics is a waste, especially after you get Kaom's Roots, and even more so after you manage to scrounge together a 6L armor.

Kaom's Roots give Unwavering Stance, which is vital, because being stunned means we die when our leech drops, but it also kills all the evasion from our high dex, the Starkonja's/Rat's Nest, and leaves us with just our halved armor and reduced energy shield, plus that dodge. Until you have crazy high life, you can just get one-punched by the majority of high phys hits.

If, instead, you invest that point and a couple scrounged from jewels or life, you can stretch over to Iron Reflexes, and get most of your evasion back as armor, and seriously boost your phys reduction. This gives you way more breathing room for big hits and between packs.

Agree, acrobatics is a waste in this build. A chance to dodge a hit vs the ability to just not be 1 shot due to the extra armor + that extra chance to block. Seems like a no brainer. So dont know why people would want acrobatics.

More melee range and extra attack speed+ gives me more overall dps over ancenstral warchief that slows down your attack speed and increase melee attack damage. But ends up as less.

Looked into the ancestral protector vs warchief, PoB is calculating protector as a slight dps increase over warchief, approximately 1%, so I'm not entirely certain as to why the guide recommends warchief. Perhaps just because warchief tends to be the go-to choice for most builds? It's a highly negligible difference though. I would say attack speed is more valuable though as far as survivability goes. More frequent attacks smooths out the instant healing from Bloodseeker. For even more attack speed insanity, a lightning golem is a nice extra touch. Can't get enough of it :p

As to acrobatics, I do think there is merit in removing it and just grabbing an extra 5% health node. The only way this build really can die is if it gets oneshot (most frequently by spell damage since immortal call and molten shell helps mitigate most physical dmg). But as to what the other guy was saying in removing gems and going into iron reflexes, I would have to disagree. The 7% health added and 16% physical damage (not to mention the 10% dmg as well, those jewels can be pretty damn expensive though) is quite valuable. Physical damage generally is not what kills this build, so an extra 14% physical damage mitigation (calc'd from PoB) will not make a difference imo, except potentially early on.

If you're having any issues early on in the endgame (this is directed more towards the person you were replying to or anyone else reading this, not you since you didnt mention this), I would recommend checking out the author's notes on passive tree order. For a while, I was overly squishy due to skimming over a few key health nodes. As soon as I corrected this and also later after i picked up a 5L belly, lycosidae, and kaom's roots I've had no issues with survivability. Adding a fortify to my whirling blades further helped, I've been feeling pretty indestructible.

Overall this build is really quite excellent and well detailed though. I don't claim to be a veteran POE player (only around 250 hours and I've only been more invested in the game recently) but out of all the build guides i've gotten into this one I've deviated the least from and the passive tree order detailed is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much to the author of the build, it's incredibly fun and solid.

PS: one note that I would add to the guide overall though is that it can be helpful in the pre-endgame or early endgame to grab a point in Theif's Craft (30 int node) for meeting that 95 int requirement for the mainhand. This can be removed once the player gets further into the tree and no longer needs the extra int (after you pick up other int nodes and get a necklace with a decent amount), but it helped me a lot. Cheers.
Last edited by Thameos on Jul 5, 2018, 2:19:40 PM
"
druuu wrote:
Okay I'm still new to analyzing builds but why wouldn't you just make this crit? Multi jewels would be crazy cheap and your wild strike would just be chunking things. Ex. no diamond flask, no mention of multi on jewels.

My advice to people wanting to take this build to the next level, Diamond Flask, Loreweave, Multi Jewels.

Going pants on head Abyss Jewels is better for DPS and Survivability.
livejamie
I don't have much experience in the game, can anyone tell which is better choice? Belly of the beast full wyrmscale vs Cherrubim's Maleficence Triumphant Lamellar? I'm thinking of taking iron reflex. Does all that extra armour and 100% increased life leach make up to the extra health belly of the beast provides?
Why are we using Kaoms boots since it basically removes all Evasion we get from the other gear? such as the Rats nest.
How do I fit in ancestral warchief? Seems that all gem slots are taken and not sure what to move/replace. blood magic?
"
Thameos wrote:
"
ShaseMeow wrote:
"
Reasonableman wrote:

Looked into the ancestral protector vs warchief, PoB is calculating protector as a slight dps increase over warchief, approximately 1%, so I'm not entirely certain as to why the guide recommends warchief. Perhaps just because warchief tends to be the go-to choice for most builds? It's a highly negligible difference though. I would say attack speed is more valuable though as far as survivability goes. More frequent attacks smooths out the instant healing from Bloodseeker. For even more attack speed insanity, a lightning golem is a nice extra touch. Can't get enough of it :p

As to acrobatics, I do think there is merit in removing it and just grabbing an extra 5% health node. The only way this build really can die is if it gets oneshot (most frequently by spell damage since immortal call and molten shell helps mitigate most physical dmg). But as to what the other guy was saying in removing gems and going into iron reflexes, I would have to disagree. The 7% health added and 16% physical damage (not to mention the 10% dmg as well, those jewels can be pretty damn expensive though) is quite valuable. Physical damage generally is not what kills this build, so an extra 14% physical damage mitigation (calc'd from PoB) will not make a difference imo, except potentially early on.

If you're having any issues early on in the endgame (this is directed more towards the person you were replying to or anyone else reading this, not you since you didnt mention this), I would recommend checking out the author's notes on passive tree order. For a while, I was overly squishy due to skimming over a few key health nodes. As soon as I corrected this and also later after i picked up a 5L belly, lycosidae, and kaom's roots I've had no issues with survivability. Adding a fortify to my whirling blades further helped, I've been feeling pretty indestructible.

Overall this build is really quite excellent and well detailed though. I don't claim to be a veteran POE player (only around 250 hours and I've only been more invested in the game recently) but out of all the build guides i've gotten into this one I've deviated the least from and the passive tree order detailed is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much to the author of the build, it's incredibly fun and solid.

PS: one note that I would add to the guide overall though is that it can be helpful in the pre-endgame or early endgame to grab a point in Theif's Craft (30 int node) for meeting that 95 int requirement for the mainhand. This can be removed once the player gets further into the tree and no longer needs the extra int (after you pick up other int nodes and get a necklace with a decent amount), but it helped me a lot. Cheers.

Immortal call dont save from oneshots, so i would prefer to have more phys reduction rather than chance to dodge oneshot.
ok, ive read this over several times and great job on the build but wat I don't understand is why the dagger nodes and claw nodes. why are they using both?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info