[3.0] Ichimonji Cleave Gladiator [Beginner and Budget Friendly, League Starter, Uber Lab, Atziri]

"
Another solution for some extra block chance is

I created those on my own, buying 250+ dps swords for 1c each, qual'ing and linking prior to vaal'ing.

Edit: Also, in PoB with my setup, using Scaeva in offhand netted me 11k less dps than with dual Ichi's.

Thanks for the info, very useful, saved me from switching things lol. So the higher damage from scaeva won't compensate the increased dps buffs ichimonji provides then.

How much did you roughly spent making one of those block ichimonji?
Last edited by mickeymicky on Oct 5, 2017, 11:46:09 PM
Whether you get the corruption you want is completely up to the RNG gawds.

For each try, it cost me 1c to buy a clean sword, 25chromes to guarantee 2 colors, some jewelers (usually 3-6 for me) to get the last socket color (using the vorici color trick), then 3 fusing to link. Then ofc, a vaal orb.

My first 3 tries resulted in a 6% and 2x 4% swords. My last 10 or so tries resulted in nothing to 2x white socket changes to 2 crappy rares.

Now, there are some swords on poe.trade that have the block corruption; but you need to consider the vorici cost to socket/link/color to what you need (plus whether you have vorici lvl 8).

For example, I bought this sword for 15c yesterday with two unlinked green sockets

I then spent a total of 3jewelers, 3fusing and 6 vaal orbs. But I was actually lucky in that Dex was the major stat of this item. It could have cost me a lot more jewelers/vaals.

GL!

Edit;

BTW, you do realize that you can import your tree, gear and gems into Path of Building quite easily (you will need to make your character sheet public temporarily)?
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Oct 6, 2017, 1:47:34 AM
hey mate love ur guide so much . i like to know whats the best option for the chest piece

is it bringer of rain or 6l rare or 5l death oath .
"
Whether you get the corruption you want is completely up to the RNG gawds.

For each try, it cost me 1c to buy a clean sword, 25chromes to guarantee 2 colors, some jewelers (usually 3-6 for me) to get the last socket color (using the vorici color trick), then 3 fusing to link. Then ofc, a vaal orb.

My first 3 tries resulted in a 6% and 2x 4% swords. My last 10 or so tries resulted in nothing to 2x white socket changes to 2 crappy rares.

Now, there are some swords on poe.trade that have the block corruption; but you need to consider the vorici cost to socket/link/color to what you need (plus whether you have vorici lvl 8).

For example, I bought this sword for 15c yesterday with two unlinked green sockets

I then spent a total of 3jewelers, 3fusing and 6 vaal orbs. But I was actually lucky in that Dex was the major stat of this item. It could have cost me a lot more jewelers/vaals.

GL!

Edit;

BTW, you do realize that you can import your tree, gear and gems into Path of Building quite easily (you will need to make your character sheet public temporarily)?

I see, I don't think I have that kind of currency to invest into a block chance ichimonji right now there's too many implicit stat I can get from vaaling it. Also not lv8 vorici yet.

Also I have not a clue what path of building is, only played the game for about 2 weeks ish, I'll check it out though.
@Jeenze, can you add section with your current non-budget version of build and some videos? Thanks.
Thanks for the guide bro. How do you think this build will need to be "altered slightly" to become more HC viable though? Thanks.
Hi m8, id like to thank youfor this build, im new to the game and after my first failure build im trying this one and having so much fun. Still not endgame but, checking your profile link, I saw that you are wearing other items so I ve got some questionS, probably noobish oneS, for you!

1) volls helmet and vaal gem interaction?
2) ive fucking bought a 5 links death aura armour, tell me you didnt change your mind about it please, and if possible tell me how does it work, cause I cant understand.
3) leap slam and blades, why both?

Thanks again, looking forward to get soon to 100, just cruel labbed at lvl 45, I ve got good hopes!
Last edited by Zolgia108 on Oct 8, 2017, 8:35:00 PM
Just my two cents:

1) you'll still get the 12% max life and regen if you are using corrupted gems, just not corrupted gears

2) death's oath is pretty cheap for what it provides, such as 40-50 all attributes that pretty much solved any problem with dex or int requirements for gems. Attack speed, resistance, life steal and hp.

Death aura is just a passive skill you get that does chaos damage over time to your surroundings when you equip death's oath. The downside of this is that you take 450 chaos damage per second for 3 seconds on kill, but this damage doesn't stack, so if you kill 10 mobs the same time you'll still take 450 chaos damage per second for 3 seconds. You should be able to negate this pretty easily with bloodgrip and stone golem following you around.

3) you can just use either, I use leap slam cuz I like jumping over walls.

Btw I'm not sure if using 5 link chest is worth it for your level, since using BoR will give you 2 free gems (and blind, which is alway helpful)
"
Belchonok wrote:
@Jeenze, can you add section with your current non-budget version of build and some videos? Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm not planning on adding a non-budget version to the build, unfortunately. I have, however, posted a reply here in the comment section somewhere, where I give some advice on how to transition from budget to non-budget.
I probably won't have time to do videos either, since the university assignments are taking up most of my game time (damn you, school!).

I'm sorry I'm not able to provide any more help :(

"
Funcrusher_ wrote:
Thanks for the guide bro. How do you think this build will need to be "altered slightly" to become more HC viable though? Thanks.

Hello there, and no problem!
Even though I would say it's HC viable as is, I believe it to be important to go for 1: Versatile Combatant as 4th ascendancy node, and 2: pick up Blade Barrier on the tree (same wheel as Ambidexterity). Gear-wise, make sure you get tons of life on all slots.

GL HF! :0)

"
Zolgia108 wrote:
Hi m8, id like to thank youfor this build, im new to the game and after my first failure build im trying this one and having so much fun. Still not endgame but, checking your profile link, I saw that you are wearing other items so I ve got some questionS, probably noobish oneS, for you!

1) volls helmet and vaal gem interaction?
2) ive fucking bought a 5 links death aura armour, tell me you didnt change your mind about it please, and if possible tell me how does it work, cause I cant understand.
3) leap slam and blades, why both?

Thanks again, looking forward to get soon to 100, just cruel labbed at lvl 45, I ve got good hopes!

I'm glad you like it, it's a solid build for a new player IMO!
1. Gems are not considered worn items, and do not affect Voll's Vision.
2. The exile @mickeymicky puts it well in his reply. Regarding the 5-linked Death's Oath, it's actually not worth it over Bringer of Rain! So, if you can, try to sell it again maybe.
I'm really sorry if the current state of my profile is confusing contra the guide, but that's because I have transitioned into a much more expensive version of the build since I wrote the guide. So, if you want to do the budget version (which you do), do not look at my profile, only at this guide! :-)
3. Regarding why I run both Leap Slam and Whirling Blades: Whirling Blades is much faster, so use this to get around in general. Leap Slam, however, is extremely handy when you need to pass terrain or obstacles (can jump up levels and over non-accessible space). They're not mandatory, you can choose to stick to one of them if you want.

I hope this helped, and GL on your journey to 100! (it takes a loooooooooooooong time)
Best regards,
Jeenze
Thanks for the answers!
For now i am gonna stick with budget, but i still got some questions, i hope they are cool enough!

1) vaal trap, we don't have space for a ninth skill, how can i use it? and when is it helpful?
I mean there are 3 auras, 1 bo, 2 movement, totem and cleave, am i going nuts or there's no space? ;P

2) do you think it's better an helm (always for late game) like voll, a rare helm with good res or a damn fucking cool abyssus to go all in? I mean, voll gives u tons of regen but is it worth the loss in res? And would be abyssus too much to handle even for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info