[3.1][HC] Tri Dark Pact Totems ~1M+ DPS~ 8k+ EHP~ Cheap and beginner friendly~ All content viable

Hierophant doesn't actually gain a fourth totem as it only applies to gems socketed in the helmet while this build uses the body armour. It however will potentially:

require 15% fire/cold/lightning res overcap
lose 10% evasion, move 6% slower, deal 6% less dmg
take 9% increased proj dmg, 6% inc phys dmg, 6% inc dot dmg, 4% inc dmg from crits (actually counted as MORE dmg taken since curses function as a multiplier afaik)
have an additional 2% chance to be crit, 5% reduced crit chance, 6% less crit multi
have 3% chance to be ignited/frozen/shocked, 2% chance to be stunned

on top of losing 10% attack/cast/move speed and 5% block from Guardian.
You will gain 25% increased max mana and 10% of mana gained as es which will increase overall ehp slightly on top of the 50% chance to gain power charge on totem placement.

Whether or not those caveats are worth swapping over is up to the player I suppose but it doesn't really look that tempting to me especially in a HC league.
===Hierophant doesn't actually gain a fourth totem as it only applies to gems socketed in the helmet while this build uses the body armour. ====
what dat lol !?? u put speell totem in the helm with WITHER! and u u have 4th totem ! u think 20% helps u on boss ? ull get one shot any way ! but here u get power charge + 4th tottem u can run arounf dooge shit from boss ... look he is video on shaper its SLOW and he always cant cast WITHER ....
when u get HIEROPHANT u put 4 totems and DONE ... + u can bust ur dps so crazy
That sounds like a great idea for bossing. I'd still take the cast/attack speed for general mapping since you deal more than enough damage as is. At the cost of only 5 regrets to swap between bossing/mapping that's a nice layer of extra flexibility.
"
FleepQc wrote:
if you think you don't need the damage, go brightbeak. The dagger itself is ok and should be a decent damage boost.

Thanks for the reply. I do actually feel like I need the extra damage and I'm res capped w/o brightbeak so why not? I made a new dagger last night that's better than the other one.

"
duude wrote:
===Hierophant doesn't actually gain a fourth totem as it only applies to gems socketed in the helmet while this build uses the body armour. ====
what dat lol !?? u put speell totem in the helm with WITHER! and u u have 4th totem ! u think 20% helps u on boss ? ull get one shot any way ! but here u get power charge + 4th tottem u can run arounf dooge shit from boss ... look he is video on shaper its SLOW and he always cant cast WITHER ....
when u get HIEROPHANT u put 4 totems and DONE ... + u can bust ur dps so crazy

Interesting idea. It isn't for me though. Giving up the 25% reduced curse effectiveness, 5% block chance and attack speed is too much in HC.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I was initially wanting to go Hierophant for the extra totem, but the selling point is the curse effectiveness. When you have 4-7 curses on you, that can take a toll. Self-flag only gets better the more reduced curses get. =)

Moridin:
I would absolutely use that dagger over a Brightbeak. Unless your res's are bad.

Side note to OP. Put clarity on blood magic to gain the use of Clear Mind.
Can anyone help me out, im trying to allocate the points of physical and chaos damage on the shadow side of the tree but it won't let me put them in; what am i doing wrong?
You need to complete the uber lab and allocate an ascendancy point to Path of the Shadow.
"
duude wrote:
OK boys ! i think HIEROPHANT much better then GUARDIAN... why ? Comon this 20% really ? u loose like 14-15 res u still gonna be 75/75/75 ( u can take 18/18/18 res in the tree ).... BUT HIEROPHANT gives u 4th totem and its much better cause u dont need to cast shit.. just run around and be SAVE like a boss, and OFC u geting POWER charges when u place totem sooooooooo Guardian < HIEROPHANT ) u take power charges in the tree + u can buy Void Battery Prophecy Wand and delete shaper, Uber from the game...GL all!
And yes if u think GUARDIAN better plz wright why !

Already wrote why I think guardian is better... Here's the screenshot of what you gain from speccing into guardian. 15 all res 10 as/move speed 5 block chance and then bunch of defensive bonuses as well from not having vuln and all the other stuff. You also get around 12% more damage from the cast speed and not having enfeeble on you.

Wither totem is actually pretty bad for general mapping and is only good against hard bosses(guardians and shaper) since you have to drop either faster casting or increased duration and then the totem itself gets a 30% cast speed penalty... meaning that you get to max stacks at a much slower pace. It is also pretty bad for keeping arcane surge up.

While I do agree, Hierophant is a bit better for farming shaper because all you do is moving around avoiding his mechanics, Guardian is much better for map clearing and HC in general. Safer and faster.

If you want a build to strictly farm shaper, there are better builds out there for that. This one is able to do shaper at a fast enough pace while having a good map clear speed.

"
dRawJ wrote:
Can anyone help me out, im trying to allocate the points of physical and chaos damage on the shadow side of the tree but it won't let me put them in; what am i doing wrong?

You need to do Uber Lab to get the last node(path of the shadow)... making you be able to start at the shadow tree.
Last edited by FleepQc on Sep 23, 2017, 12:43:17 AM
"
Sether wrote:

Side note to OP. Put clarity on blood magic to gain the use of Clear Mind.

That's definitely not worth it... You end up losing around 500 life and the only benefit you gain from it is something like 1% more damage over other jewels... that can also grant you attack speed... making you clear faster. If you compare it to a 4% cast speed/attack speed 15% crit multi 7% life jewel, clear mind isn't even more damage, while you lose life.
Hey OP loving this build but was just wondering if you could explain what you mean by insanity gloves and what the difference between having them or not is. Apologies if I've missed something in the guide but I thought I read it pretty thoroughly. Cheers
"It's time to espionagerate! Espionify? Espi- Time to talk!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info