[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

You don't need to follow the guide to the point. In fact, I think you never should follow any guide completely without thinking but take them as a starter and then fit them to your playstyle. So if you can manage without those points in leech and want to stick with Hatchet master, go grab it. If you wanna go Vaal Pact, just to be a bit safer, go grab it.

It's the same with me. I decided against Crimson Dance, at least for now, because with my gear I would lose way more damage than I'd gain from it (and the gain isn't even that big, it's only really worth it for nonmoving bosses, which is more or less the point of getting it, I think).
I must be missing something but why do people pick cyclone for crimson dance builds?
Bleed is based on the HIT you deal, so yea, cyclone will instantly stack it to max, but the ticks are small.

If you were using, say, Heavy Strike, the resulting bleed damage would be 3 times higher (NOTE - I know heavy strike won't work well in this case, just an example).

So what's the fuss around Cyclone? FOr instance I went for Cleave on this league, which means I get free fortify, nice AOE which scales with amount of mobs around me and, most importantly, bigger hits, which means bigger bleed.

Stun cannot be reason for Cyclone either, cause being Slayer makes you immune why you leech and, oh wait, you leech all the time.

So what am I missing? I find the cyclone gem ok, but slow and unrewarding to play with bleed yet people are tits over heels into it.
"
Fendralor wrote:
You don't need to follow the guide to the point. In fact, I think you never should follow any guide completely without thinking but take them as a starter and then fit them to your playstyle. So if you can manage without those points in leech and want to stick with Hatchet master, go grab it. If you wanna go Vaal Pact, just to be a bit safer, go grab it.

It's the same with me. I decided against Crimson Dance, at least for now, because with my gear I would lose way more damage than I'd gain from it (and the gain isn't even that big, it's only really worth it for nonmoving bosses, which is more or less the point of getting it, I think).

Truer words have never been spoken
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Siliarus wrote:
I must be missing something but why do people pick cyclone for crimson dance builds?
Bleed is based on the HIT you deal, so yea, cyclone will instantly stack it to max, but the ticks are small.

If you were using, say, Heavy Strike, the resulting bleed damage would be 3 times higher (NOTE - I know heavy strike won't work well in this case, just an example).

So what's the fuss around Cyclone? FOr instance I went for Cleave on this league, which means I get free fortify, nice AOE which scales with amount of mobs around me and, most importantly, bigger hits, which means bigger bleed.

Stun cannot be reason for Cyclone either, cause being Slayer makes you immune why you leech and, oh wait, you leech all the time.

So what am I missing? I find the cyclone gem ok, but slow and unrewarding to play with bleed yet people are tits over heels into it.

That's why I don't call this a "bleed build" it's a 100% pure phys build. The bleed is merely a part of the physical damage we deal.

IMO, Cyclone is the most fun melee skill to play. It clears maps quickly, with ease, and you never have to stop moving. I played cleave in beta ("shredder" pre-blender), and even more recently skills like lacerate, and they all have the same playstyle: leap into a pack, ctrl+click with multistrike, auto targeting takes the packs out, leap to next pack, rinse + repeat. There is nothing wrong with this, but IMO it gets old after a while. Cyclone is extremely satisfying to play, and even after 5 years I keep coming back for more.

This build is specifically designed to do all bosses like shaper, thus why I pick crimson dance. We do enough damage to take out trash mobs in maps that are moving so that bleed isn't really missed.
any thoughts on Dark Pact + the Retch? wouldnt it be a good dmg boost? i skilled out of crimson dance to try it... lets see :/

hard to wrap your head around Oo

"
Tschubbo wrote:
any thoughts on Dark Pact + the Retch? wouldnt it be a good dmg boost? i skilled out of crimson dance to try it... lets see :/

hard to wrap your head around Oo

I assume you mean vaal pact? :D

Yes, if you get VP, it will up your retch damage. That's definitely an upside. Let us know how it feels ditching CD and going VP. It's all about seeing what works best for you! My vision was a bit more into boss-killing and strong enough to clear maps with ease. If you think VP/no CD works well, let us know and I could add notes to the build guide.

GL!
What's your take on the new abyss jewels? What would be stats we're looking for, please give us a list of prioritized stats on em, if You don't mind pretty please <3 And have you managed to make any sick axes with the new bases? xoxo true love
"
Kveztern wrote:
What's your take on the new abyss jewels? What would be stats we're looking for, please give us a list of prioritized stats on em, if You don't mind pretty please <3 And have you managed to make any sick axes with the new bases? xoxo true love

Flat phys axe
Flat phys
Life
Attack speed
Res

Haven't had a vaal axe drop yet. This dropped off Phoenix and I chaos spammed this weird ass sword lol
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Kveztern wrote:

Flat phys axe
Flat phys
Life
Attack speed
Res

Damage/movespeed if you've killed recently are ok too.
"
Travesty9090 wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Kveztern wrote:

Flat phys axe
Flat phys
Life
Attack speed
Res

Damage/movespeed if you've killed recently are ok too.

Yep! Those are great too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info