[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
crazypearce wrote:
You do so much dmg anyway you don't need either for mapping really

2 impale really is insane for single target. 5 impale is 104% and 7 impale is around 146%. No way any other jewel adds more than thay

its 42.2% more dmg for bosses for me (dread banner). im excited to test this on a champion with 9 impale stacks and crit swords.
"
Clerith wrote:
"
ellisd88 wrote:
Are you talking about his axe on standard? If so, yeah that's probably the best axe on standard and definitely optimal.

I meant the one he uses as an example in crafting your own - just fortify & phys%, multimod, flat phys, aspd, support gems +2, int/str & quality. Though I suppose he also mentioned that ideally you get phys% + accuracy multimod as well as natural high attack speed. The +2 support gems and 'Hits can't be evaded' is kind of up in the air, too.

I suppose the idea with crafting your own from scratch is hope for the best, but accept a substandard result and go with a first "okay" one.

To be honest I more read it as getting T1 Fortify/Phys hybrid + IAS/IAS if killed recently hybrid is the ideal axe you can craft. He explains that while getting the Phys/Accuracy hybrid would be the best, it is extremely rare and would be very expensive to go for. The Fortify/Phys Hybrid + IAS/IAS if killed recently hybrid is probably the best to realistically go for. IAS/IAS if killed recently hybrid is going to be better than flat IAS.
Last edited by ellisd88 on Jun 19, 2019, 5:49:06 PM
"
xaeror35 wrote:
I dont have enough mana to run all of these auras. What am I missing?

Pride
Dread Banner
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone

looking at your setup, your gems should be linked differently.

He has boots at:
Enlighten | Pride | Flesh and Stone | Maim Support

...and Helm at:
Ancestral Warchief | Impale Support | Blood and Sand | Dread OR War Banner

Blasphemy and vulnerability are no longer optimal. You will be in blood stance, so you also will not need maim in your 5 link. Instead use Damage on Full Life or Fortify (I liked Fortify).
Last edited by DBAWolflord on Jun 19, 2019, 6:01:01 PM
"
Froglure wrote:
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
Froglure wrote:

did you get one with +2 impale stacks and some random 2nd mod?

Yeh just the 2 impale no other dps mods.

i just bought one and its hard to tell the difference between +2 impale and 12% double damage while mapping.

from what i calculated it seems that the double damage is a bit better when hitting the enemies less than 2 seconds. but for bosses its ~40% more damage.

Just curious, what is the formula for calculating %chance to deal double damage in PoB?
"
Froglure wrote:
"
crazypearce wrote:
You do so much dmg anyway you don't need either for mapping really

2 impale really is insane for single target. 5 impale is 104% and 7 impale is around 146%. No way any other jewel adds more than thay

its 42.2% more dmg for bosses for me (dread banner). im excited to test this on a poor champion with 9 impale stacks and crit swords.

Yeah man with crit it becomes insane. I've crafted a crit 2h sword and in PoB with my normal gear it's over 11m dps. Can't imagine how easy it would be with champ and dual weild lol
NVM
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Jun 19, 2019, 5:59:15 PM
"
Grimstarz wrote:
I see so many posts about this build being so easy for endgame, while I'm struggling to survive in T10+ maps, though I only have 5,8k hp, and no koam.

Any advice on surviving in high tier maps?

Get a 6 link chest. You can buy a corrupted one with life and atleast 2 resist for 50 chaos or so.

Get -mana cost to skills on rings

Buy a daresso's amulet.

Get the flesh and stone aura, and link it with maim support.

I had a sinvicta's axe and 4.2k hp (6 link corrupted chest), and the only fight I struggled with was minotaur. Was able to kill shaper.

(can do all content in current gear)

I like to use a forbidden taste flask for those oh shit moments. You should also be spamming a movement speed flask, as it helps you dodge / clear faster.

I didn't go over your skill points, but if you follow mine or the op's build path, you're really only looking at 70c max worth of upgrades before you decide to dump 10 exalt into a weapon. But like i said you can do t16 with sinvicta or if If you want a semi upgrade you can dump 40c for a kingmaker axe.
Last edited by dingleberryman on Jun 19, 2019, 6:10:20 PM
Is Arakaali that good for us, with 100% uptime on Blood Rage do we ever stop taking DoT damage?
So can anyone who knows how impale works exactly help, dunno how accurate the Path of Building calculation is.

So now I'm using a watcher's eye with +25% chance to impale enemies on hit. Taking my chance to impale on hit to 106%.

How much dps would I lose if I took it off and had a 81% chance to impale on attack?
And further more, would it be better for me to swap it to a watcher's eye with impale you inflict last additional 2 hits?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Ridman on Jun 19, 2019, 6:18:30 PM
Can someone offer some suggestions on what to do with this axe? If I multimod I will not be able to hit the +2 melee gems so I was thinking about selling as it could be multimoded into a nice crit axe. Would like either a suggestion on whether to go forward with additional crafting as you can remove the shit mod with the crafting bench but it will cost 2 ex if I want to guarantee I keep the other 2.

Keep in mind I have another axe I started crafting that has hit the ideal rolls for this build.

This axe in particular I got extremely lucky and only had to invest 3 ex into getting the results seen here. What could I sell this for?

Last edited by ellisd88 on Jun 19, 2019, 6:24:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info