[3.X?] ALL Content! Lv100 Huy's OG Summon Raging Spirits Necromancer Guide - .:The Druid:.

Any recommendations on what I should be gunning for next?

I have trouble with survivability @ 3.5k health and 1.3k mana. Tier 4-5 maps can be a struggle sometimes.

I'm working on saving up for Lycosidae, The Scourge, and a Belly but it's slow going.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benfinkel/characters
Is it worth it to get a better version of Lycosidae (with +life, armour and chance to block)?
Or do those bonuses do little for your SRS

Love the guide btw, lots of fun to run maps without ever looking at the mods XD
"
brittleknee wrote:

There's never been an official HC variant for the build. I'm not sure if being HC viable is as simple as a flask swap. It's been on the table to do for some time, but with Huy being busy and me having zero HC experience in PoE, there probably won't be anything official for some time. If you want to share some of what you learned along the way in a PM, I'd be grateful for the information.

There is not too many things i learned, but i can tell what i am doing and prefer:

1. Main thing i am using as hc player to feel more safe is using Decoy totem on bosses or stronger monsters, so they dont even care about me when i am finishing them. When totem dies too fast, think about jewels to cap its resistances.
2. Think about abyssal jewel with:
-chacne to blind enemy on minion hit
-chance to taunt enemy on minion hit
-chance to hinder enemy on minion hit
As long as you are using srs which, all these chances are multiplicated by 20 skulls. I think on bosses it'll be active whole time, but i naver tested it well.
3. Think about curse aura. Maybe dont use haste just temporal chains / enfeblee.

I have not more ideas. Sorry for not using PM but i am confused if i should send it to you, or to 1st person on this topic. :)

Have a nice drops!
"
Pearlo wrote:
Is it worth it to get a better version of Lycosidae (with +life, armour and chance to block)?

No point getting stats on that, just buy the cheepest one you can
"
edm161 wrote:
why do we take Herd the Flock(PoB) and Puppet Master(finished tree) in the tree if we dont need zombie and resist for srs?plz answer,maybe im somethink dont understand

You take these talents to help your SRS survive until you can get them to a high enough level through Empower 4 and +1 Chestpieces (Skin or Belly). At that point they will be level 26+. Once Huy was using a +1 Skin (means his SRS were level 28), there was no need for these particular nodes. He dropped them in lieu of more gem slots for more damage. At 20, SRS have 6405 life, at 26, they have 10233, and at 28, they have 12304. With the new ascendency reworks with Invoker, it may be possible to drop these passives sooner than getting your +1 Chestpiece, but that's something of a personal preference. Its certainly welcomed and encouraged to deviate from the guide to support your personal playstyle.

"
Lunatyk wrote:
"
brittleknee wrote:

There's never been an official HC variant for the build. I'm not sure if being HC viable is as simple as a flask swap. It's been on the table to do for some time, but with Huy being busy and me having zero HC experience in PoE, there probably won't be anything official for some time. If you want to share some of what you learned along the way in a PM, I'd be grateful for the information.

There is not too many things i learned, but i can tell what i am doing and prefer:

1. Main thing i am using as hc player to feel more safe is using Decoy totem on bosses or stronger monsters, so they dont even care about me when i am finishing them. When totem dies too fast, think about jewels to cap its resistances.
2. Think about abyssal jewel with:
-chacne to blind enemy on minion hit
-chance to taunt enemy on minion hit
-chance to hinder enemy on minion hit
As long as you are using srs which, all these chances are multiplicated by 20 skulls. I think on bosses it'll be active whole time, but i naver tested it well.
3. Think about curse aura. Maybe dont use haste just temporal chains / enfeblee.

I have not more ideas. Sorry for not using PM but i am confused if i should send it to you, or to 1st person on this topic. :)

Have a nice drops!

No worries! I'm thankful for the information nonetheless. Sorry for the confusion. I co-wrote the updated guide back in January and added a lot of the written content for it in addition to formatting, and seek to update and maintain it as I can. The quest for a HC variant has been ongoing since the guides inception, but since I don't have much experience with HC, and am usually too busy with a league to mess around with it, I need this sort of feedback to approach what could be done for more viable HC gameplay. Thank you again.

"
deadst4r wrote:
"
Pearlo wrote:

No point getting stats on that, just buy the cheepest one you can

This. SRS Life scales mostly by gem level (Empower 4, +1 Belly, or +2 Skin) and the little bit of life there isn't going to make or break them. Get the cheapest one like this guy said. :)
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 12, 2018, 8:10:53 PM
how much this build will lose in terms of dps if i am planing to use +3 staff and kaoms(couse there is no way i get +1 belly and aint wearing +1 taula and stuff couse i am playig at hc)?
Almost level 92 with this build. This is my take on it as my leaguestarter. I'll try to make this as short as possible

Leveling process

Trying to level as SRS without any uniques at the start of a league was pretty damn rough. It's not the worst leveling experience I've had, but as long as you come prepared its manageable (trying to catch up to a sunder man was brutal)

Early Mapping without all the required gear

This point was still a little rough as well. Newer players probably won't mind the mediocre clear speed but seasoned vets might find the playstyle tedious. The build isn't that favorable to those who don't have all the required gear. I started with getting what I considered the most important pieces first. I got Lycosidae, then the gloves, and then the scourge claws when I could afford them.

The Final Form

So now I have everything required, including the minion movement speed rings which might I add, are actually very important for clear speed. Crafting them by yourself isn't too expensive, but the market for these is weak and its hard to find a good ring. Mapping at this point isn't that bad if you play it correctly. Bosses are a breeze when you swap out melee splash and minion movement speed if you so wish for VERY hard bosses. I'm grinding out T11's and they aren't bad, 120 atlas so far. I plan on doing guardians and shaper later this week.

Final thoughts

If your minions don't connect from pack to pack they just stand there and become a waste (Resulting in your having to cast more minions at the next pack). I find this very annoying, BUT if there is a ton of pack size on a favorable map for SRS and your minions ARE connecting?? Then its very solid and you just mow everything down. Defenses for this build are solid IF you manage to get the correct all armor gear. I still need to do so but MoM and 6kish life seem to be keeping me alive for the most part

The build can do everything, if you are looking for sort of an all in one character for a league starter. The build only really pays off once you have everything you need; before that was kind of a pain personally. With that being said, if minions are your things and you dont want to do spectres or something then give it a shot. I'm not positive I'll do this again as a league starter for next time but I don't regret it this league.
Last edited by DiabloBlew on Mar 13, 2018, 4:11:38 AM
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
how much this build will lose in terms of dps if i am planing to use +3 staff and kaoms(couse there is no way i get +1 belly and aint wearing +1 taula and stuff couse i am playig at hc)?

I'm pretty sure you can clear all the content with a regular Belly without +1
You would loose a lot of dps by using staff, because without lycosidae, you have to use an Additionnal Accuracy gem, so you basically loosing a gem slot doing this.
"
deadst4r wrote:
"
LostSinner666 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can clear all the content with a regular Belly without +1
You would loose a lot of dps by using staff, because without lycosidae, you have to use an Additionnal Accuracy gem, so you basically loosing a gem slot doing this.

pob shows close to same damage actually with both, and ruthless ads way more damage in calculations then ad accuracy, even w/o lyco.
So i l guess i l just do it the old way.
I checked and rechecked in PoB and unless you got +1 chest and Empower lvl 4 - Ruthless gives way more DPS.
Am I doing something wrong or Empower is only better if you get your hands on +1 belly (and empower lvl 4)?
Last edited by groar on Mar 13, 2018, 10:58:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info