[3.2] Trickster, The 1 True Flicker

The tree is not up to date yet as some changes were needed to be made but still playing around with them. Please refer to my character on here to see current passives. As for ascendency you take Weave the Arcane first, then Swift Killer, Then ghost dance and escape artist
Havent played some time. Explain 1 thing plx. If we cant leech instantly now with hp build, so why we aint going to ES build?
I am lvl 90 now, and have big issues with a bosses too. I dont know how works this mechanics, but sometimes i am dying while flicking :D
Okay so im playing this build and I dont really know how to be succesful.

First of all, im not sure if I should take Vaal Pact, but I think I should. Havent tested that yet, but I will.

Whats more the problem is - if im starting a bossfight with 0 charges, how do I start flickering? So far im either jumping with leap slam on the boss for a few frenzy charges to get at least some flickering off which drains pretty quickly since I dont have power charges in bossfights. I also equipped a Frenzy gem for just meleeing the boss for some frenzy charges. It mostly ends in dying.

How can I sustain flickering in bossfights where I dont get any power charges and also no frenzy charges to begin with? All these elder guardians for example are giving me the hardest time because you have to go into a new area which takes away all charges
sorry for my stupid question.

For what are you using Ancestral Warchief?
Hello! This guide is relevant in 3.2?
"
madkaare wrote:
sorry for my stupid question.

For what are you using Ancestral Warchief?

AW gives more melee damage when near it, increasing single target damage by quite a bit.
Do you really think Escape Artist is worth not getting the nice damage boost from Harness The Void? I feel like some evasion and es doesn't really beat the 17% damage boost or whatever it is...
"
ItsRay wrote:
Okay so im playing this build and I dont really know how to be succesful.

First of all, im not sure if I should take Vaal Pact, but I think I should. Havent tested that yet, but I will.

Whats more the problem is - if im starting a bossfight with 0 charges, how do I start flickering? So far im either jumping with leap slam on the boss for a few frenzy charges to get at least some flickering off which drains pretty quickly since I dont have power charges in bossfights. I also equipped a Frenzy gem for just meleeing the boss for some frenzy charges. It mostly ends in dying.

How can I sustain flickering in bossfights where I dont get any power charges and also no frenzy charges to begin with? All these elder guardians for example are giving me the hardest time because you have to go into a new area which takes away all charges

I'm having similar issue. I got some darkray vectors with 120crit if you haven't crit recently. That helps a bit. My crit chance is 78% now without charges. I also bought a perfect roll terminus estimate for 50c. That also brought crit up. (6 linked it, too, in 50 fuses :)). I found with these 2 things it's a lot better with this issue on bosses.
I'm thinking of using Hyrries ire with this. With vectors and 8 frenzies should have tons of Dodge. And the evasion on that chest will translate into es with ascendancies.so should be able to soak bigger hits and probably not get hit often
Just wanna say:

SHIT IS NUTS!!

Pretty happy after trying many different things (see spoiler if you care)
--Ending up with abyssus w/helm enchant "9% increased flicker strike damage per frenzy charge" (5ex)
--6link terminus, with perfect crit and almost perfect phys damage. flicker, splash, melee phys, inc.crit strike, inc. crit damage, multistrike (7ex?12ex?)
--perfect form chest armour. phase acro, decent evasion (which also gives some ES), free artic armour. don't even need 6link, i put my junk links here (stuff I'm still experimenting with)
--dark rays w/120% increased crit (+1 frenzy probably be fun to try out)
--watcher's eye with hatred/crit and dodge while haste is up (vaal grace counts, which I run to get dodge capped because of acro on tree and phase acro from chest) (15ex)
--rare spiked gloves for some life, resists, damage
--rare rings and ammy, resists, crit mult/chance, life
--sin's rebirth (70c), atziri flask, basalt, 2 life flasks
--1 other jewel with ES gain on hit to help keep ascendancy stuff up/running

the damage is crazy. clearing abysses, breaches like butter. Pop vaal grace and it's 100% up for the duration giving dodge cap on spell & attack. fun fucking build.

still a little nervous on some bosses, trying to get some more levels to fit another jewel so taking it easy on sketchy bosses. I do find that I can get flicker going right off the bat thanks to the boot enchant usually (92% crit if I haven't crit recently on boots) and with power charges (4) we're crit capped all the time.

Spoiler
Some of my thoughts on this build, would appreciate your thoughts & feedback & suggestions to improve this.

--Background--
I've played Oro's flicker and Oni Goroshi pure cold flicker last league. I love this skill.
I was motivated to try this build from a certain youtube video series (I know, I know, but it just looked so solid! And I'm a sucker for flicker. I should really know better by now!)

--Character Setup--
character: Kam Hesari
lvl88, Bestiality SC
6link terminus est, 75% crit, 254% damage
starkonja's (tried abyssus and failed big time). no enchant yet
darkray's with 120% chance to crit if you haven't crit recently
tombfist gloves for the intimidate (& and some life %)
stygian vice belt
rare rings and ammy with some DPS and life, resists (but not enough yet)
herald of ash, herald of ice, hatred. COH hooked up to HoI, assmark.
ice golem, cwdt+IC+IncDur, anc. protector (seems kinda pointless, tbh. If I take time out to plunk him down, then I'm not flickering and I'm siting wide open to getting my butt kicked)
got 1 abyss jewel with unholy might. Seems like it's never up (compared to my other jewel that gives me phasing. yes I know one is 4% and the other is 8%, just saying what appears to be small chance in either case is actually quite substantial in practice)

Ascendancy: weave the arcane (def. get this one first). Swift Killer. I was using Harness the Void but switched to Ghost Dance to put some small improvement to survivability over DPS. DPS is fine already. And I will probably prefer Escape Artist over Harness the Void when I get Uber lab done. I can't do uber lab now due to low life pool. Can make it to izaro fine, but can get one shot in his 3rd phase. Will try again later today and maybe try to find a service to carry me.

--Life Pool Issues and Possible Solutions--
No surprise this build has a hard time getting enough life on the tree. Even with good life on gear you're looking at maybe 4600 range? Given the stuff in the trickster ascendancy involving ES, I took this as a hint and started thinking about hybrid approach. Have enough ES+life to soak up 1 or 2 big hits and enough evasion & dodge to not get hit again for a little bit or get out of the area and wait for a sec to heal up. That's not too bad, leap slam on terminus est feels pretty good, and I sorta like the hopping around playstyle along with flickering.
I have 1 jewel with ES gain on hit (for Ghost Dance). Tooltip says my flicker hits 12 times per second (.08 attacks/sec). If I got a better jewel (3 instead of 2es) and maybe another similar jewel, that would be (3+3)*12=72ES back per second to maybe hopefully keep ghost dance up.
Burning ground or any other degen that hits ES for that matter suck for this though. It's not a problem most of the time but it sucks when you hit a pack of dogs that explode into burning ground upon their death.
Nonetheless, I think using a nice hubris helmet with some accuracy, life resists would be good instead of starkonjas. I only lose like 3% crit chance (81-78% in town, no charges but with boot enchant up). You'd also get 1000eva from this helmet (assuming you get one with like 200ES minimum).
For chest, I was thinking Hyrri's Ire might be really good. 2800eva comes out to 467ES from Escape Artist. YOU lose a life roll with the chest but seems like the ES gain would compensate for that. Also get some cold damage, chill duration, extra dodge (attack and spell) not to mention the eva & ES. And another possible 6 link (though I'm not sure you need one or what to socket)
Was thinking about soul tether belt with all this, but feels like stygian will be better. I messed around with that belt when it first came out but felt crappy (imo)
Ascent from Flesh belt might be good
There's not enough jewel sockets in this build. you get 2, maybe 3. Makes it even tougher to get life and fill out resists, get some extra DPS

--Other Wacky Ideas & Gripes--
-rings with ass mark on hit could free up 2 sockets
-any of the new beast aspects any good for this build? The double damage one maybe? How does this work - i can craft the aspect onto any rare item, including rings? Might be worth replacing HoA mana reservation with one of these aspects?
how about vaal pact? I don't think I really rely on regen anyways. For 1 point, might be good.
CI? Not sure this would be good, not a lot of ES nearby. Maybe have to totally redesign the character at that point.
Ylfeban's trickery? Get some sweet shocked ground going on. The curse seems useless unless maybe you go dual curse and still use assmark on hit somewhere. I dunno, might be fine without assmark. You might still get enough power charges from clearing maps anyways. And boss fights don't really have power charge generation, either. So might still be good for the shocked ground and ES (& evasion from ascendancy)
-It's hard to capture the beasts with flicker. Once netted, i keep flicker away from the captured beast and he gets free. I've also died many times try to do this, or I capture him and even though he's dead or whatever, his adds keep spawning under my feet and insta-gibbing me.

This build is fun and I really want to make it work. Leveling is fine, early maps are ok. But it's really hard to pull it all together without the uber lab, and this build can't really do it. Like, maybe it's better to play a different build until you get 4 labs done and respec into this one. It feels like this could be really good once I get to implement the ideas I outlined above. I mean, it's fine now, it's fun. I have LL RF Guardian I use to actually complete atlas and do endgame stuff but I really prefer the active playstyle of this build. Interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

--Update #2--
Was able to do lab solo yesterday. Quite easy actually. Sorted my gear. Hyrri's Ire and a rare hubris give me 1100ES, 4100 life, so 5200 effective life. Not bad. 14,000EV now. 50/20 dodge, 66/20 with frenzies & dark rays. Seems like I rarely even get hit anymore. Effective life pool is pretty much always full. Chaos damage clouds suck though. Swapped out the tombfist for shadows and dust. clearspeed is insane. of course I have to go back and loot hehehehee. really tempted to blow 15-20ex on the jewel for more crit. Not sure if worth it, even on bosses with no frenzies up, I usually can start chaining them right from the start. The jewel might fix that. Or was thinking lacerate & PCOC to start and then get flickering. That would be way cheaper than the jewel but obviously the jewel opens up other options.
--Update #3--
hit level 91. Grabbed vaal pact. I'm finding Abyssus is too good to pass up. Bought one with "9% increased flicker strike damage per frenzy charge" for 5ex. SHIT IS NUTS NOW!.Perfect storm chest and free arctic armour now. And phase acro is nice. Losing the Hyrri's Ire cost a lot of ES but whatever. Got some life to compensate and we just need some ES to get ascendancy buffs (which we get ES on hit with a jewel) Seems pretty good, haven't died and at 30%XP in a few hours of running t10-t12 maps. Haven't really felt to squishy with the abyssus on even with only 4300 life or something crappy like that. Skipping some bosses like belfrey because takes too long and he can 1 shot me with his storm call thing. Need more life, got room for a little more on gear w/divining or buying better rolled ones. Scrapped shadows and dust for a paid of spiked gloves. The unholy might was pretty good, but i had a jewel with it as well and seemed like it was always up. Also, got a sin's rebirth (only 70c right now!) and all the unholy might sources were too much. Ended up getting a watcher's eye with the increased crit with hatred, and it also had a chance to dodge attacks while affected by grace. I don't run grace but vaal grace counts IIRC. With acro & phase acro from chest, vaal grace should get me close to capped. Dark rays keep me up with attack dodge another 16%. Clear speed is bonkers.
Last edited by Xaxarius on Mar 26, 2018, 9:49:51 PM
"
Xaxarius wrote:
Just wanna say:

SHIT IS NUTS!!

Pretty happy after trying many different things (see spoiler if you care)
--Ending up with abyssus w/helm enchant "9% increased flicker strike damage per frenzy charge" (5ex)
--6link terminus, with perfect crit and almost perfect phys damage. flicker, splash, melee phys, inc.crit strike, inc. crit damage, multistrike (7ex?12ex?)
--perfect form chest armour. phase acro, decent evasion (which also gives some ES), free artic armour. don't even need 6link, i put my junk links here (stuff I'm still experimenting with)
--dark rays w/120% increased crit (+1 frenzy probably be fun to try out)
--watcher's eye with hatred/crit and dodge while haste is up (vaal grace counts, which I run to get dodge capped because of acro on tree and phase acro from chest) (15ex)
--rare spiked gloves for some life, resists, damage
--rare rings and ammy, resists, crit mult/chance, life
--sin's rebirth (70c), atziri flask, basalt, 2 life flasks
--1 other jewel with ES gain on hit to help keep ascendancy stuff up/running

the damage is crazy. clearing abysses, breaches like butter. Pop vaal grace and it's 100% up for the duration giving dodge cap on spell & attack. fun fucking build.

still a little nervous on some bosses, trying to get some more levels to fit another jewel so taking it easy on sketchy bosses. I do find that I can get flicker going right off the bat thanks to the boot enchant usually (92% crit if I haven't crit recently on boots) and with power charges (4) we're crit capped all the time.

So I picked up a 1% from perfect Terminus and came to this thread on google to see what I could build with it. I want to say thank you SO MUCH for this build. I've been slow farming with my Ancestral Totem Champ and this is the most fun I've had since I started playing.

I was about to go to bed last night after dying and losing a belly on the ground
on my last TP of the run. After blowing 200 fusing trying to link this damn sword earlier in the week, I had 15 left in my inventory and boom. It hit. I quit caring about the belly I just missed and started piecing together your build.

Picked up The Perfect Form, snagged a cheap pair of Darkray's, retooled my tree a tad and wow. I have to fix my resistances in order to justify picking up an Abyssus, but I'm clearing maps faster than I can even load them up. 10/10 would build again.
Last edited by Avengii on Mar 31, 2018, 3:49:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info