[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

-----------------------------------------------------------
❄️ ❄️ ❄️ The Snowblind Cast on Crit Build ❄️ ❄️ ❄️
-----------------------------------------------------------

I made this build because I missed the old CoC days.

Every other Cospri build I saw was Discharge based, and I wanted to give projectile based CoC a go.
So this build is using both a Cospri's Malice as well as a 6-link Cast on crit link both with Frostbolt and Freezing Pulse. Because of not going with Discharge, we are not bound to use Voll's Devotion amulet, and can instead use The Pandemonius to blind everything we touch, adding an additional layer of defence to the build, hence the Snowblind name.

3.2 Info and Updates
Spoiler

Update 1:
Build is better than ever with the new Assassin buffs. We got some great survivability against bosses from the Opportunistic ascendancy node, as well as a sweet 100% inc. single target damage.

The offensive stats section is not updated with the new buffs yet, but it only went up.

There are perhaps some new uniques that migh be better for the build that is going to be discovered as we progress further into the league, but at the moment I will keep the same gear setup for the guide.

Videos
Spoiler

(3.0) Headhunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOE4y8vZD1Q

(3.0) All Guardians & Shaper kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdhg69vMD08

(3.0) The Beachhead T15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Z8DuPMzO0

(3.0) Twinned boss Port T10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezq3V168YRg

(3.0) *BONUS* T14 Twinned beyond map half naked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZkFX85fbI

(3.0) *BONUS* Flicker Strike experiment T13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6ICl-JNHg

Offensive & Defensive Stats(patch 3.1)
Spoiler
With my current gear:

Offensive stats:

Total DPS = 1.16 Million (983k with life leech gem)

Detailed Offensive data
Spoiler
Cyclone hits per second = 9.28 (4.64 * 2)
Crit chance = 95.13% (77.93% without diamond flask)

DPS from Cyclone hits: 46.4k

6l Frostbolt: 130356 average hit damage. (260.7k dps)
6l Freezing Pulse: 112977 average hit damage. (226k dps)
Cospri Frostbolt: 82466 average hit damage. (329.9k dps (236.8k with Life Leech gem))
Cospri Freezing Pulse: 74285 average hit damage. (297.1k dps (213.3k with Life Leech gem))

Blade Flurry = 5 procs per second. (62.3% of max procs)
Cyclone = 8.83 procs per second. (Cospri max rate = 8 procs per sec)

Defensive stats:

Total health: 6188hp
Evade chance: 61% (22% without blind) against map tier 13 lvl 80 mobs
Dodge chance: 9% (thanks to The Green Nightmare)
Block chance: 31%
Total combined avoidance: 101% (+10% projectile damage avoidance and 5% extra dodge chance if hit recently via the Soul of Lunaris Pantheon)
Fortify and Endurance charge generation

Passive trees
Spoiler

Path of Building link to current character lvl 96: https://pastebin.com/1EZX8XPq
PoE Planner Link lvl 96: https://tinyurl.com/y8kejr96

Leveling
Spoiler

Level as freezing pulse caster and get two First Snow jewels so you get 4 extra projectiles.
Tulborn is a great leveling wand for freezing pulse.
Take big life nodes on your way to 68. At that level you are going to switch from caster to cast on crit with Cospri. You will need Starkonja's Head and Lycosidae shield at this point since you will otherwise be lacking dexterity and chance to hit. Depending on your other gear, you might also need to allocate some extra dex nodes temporarily.

Leveling tree at lvl 68 (switching to Cospri): https://tinyurl.com/y8jkktep

Bandit: Help Alira, as her reward greatly helps us with both damage and resists. And mana regen helps with hexproof and no leech maps.

Ascendancy: Assassin (First go for Deadly Infusion)

Pantheon: I like to use Lunaris and Yugul (reflect is a bitch).

Gearing & Links
Spoiler

Required Uniques
Spoiler

***You can get all the uniques for total of just ~30c (40c if you also need a Tabula), except for the amulet which will cost you around 100c.

The Pandemonius amulet is not required for the build to start doing maps, I did maps just fine without it up to around tier 10. But it is by far the best upgrade you can get for the build, so once you have around ***100c, you should prioritise getting one.

The Doedre ring corruption is not needed for normal mana sustain, but helps a bit on hexproof and no leech maps/mobs. Dont waste your currency trying to get it.

The build is very viable using a Tabula Rasa before you can afford a 6-linked Belly of the Beast, or even a 5-link rare will also do.
(My current health with Belly is 6176hp, with Tabula 5423hp at lvl 94)

*** = may be outdated values

My current gear:

The Green Nightmare jewel gives us 9% additional dodge chance, making us even harder to hit, as well as providing us with frenzy charges at 28% chance on kill. (The jewel is not a requirement for the build to work, but rather an endgame upgrade)

We run double Blasphemy curse Frostbite and Warlord's mark. As well as Herald of Ice (the Gore Herald Effect MTX is highly recommended since it looks awesome!).

The most important utility flask for us is the Diamond flask, this greatly increases our crit chance for cyclone(as well as our spells), securing that we CoC as often as possible and avoid dead spins. Make sure you use it at the opening of fights if you dont have any power charges up.

Map Mods
Spoiler

We can do all map mods, but I would not recommend running no leech maps since it is very annoying, but doable on easier maps.
If you run no regen map, just turn off herald to get a bigger more comfortable mana pool and it should not be a problem.
Hexproof maps is no problem if we use life leech gem in Cospri link.

Common Questions & Answers
Spoiler

Q: I dont like Cyclone, can I use Lacerate instead?
A: Yes. This build works well with all attack skills that is fast. Cyclone is just my preferred skill since it provides the fastest hits per second, therefore lowering the need of attack speed to reach max procs out of Cospri's Malice, and provides stun immunity.

Q: Can I do this build with Inquisitor/Ascendant/Slayer etc.?
A: Yes, you could. The build would "work" with any ascendency class if you force it, how good it will work is another question. I think Assassin is the best choice for the build.

Q: Can I use "random item" for this build?
A: A lot of uniques provide good damage, but often little to no defensive stats. One good example of this is The Flow Untethered belt. It would boost our damage, but we have to sacrifice a lot of life and resists to get it. And if we want to stay above 6k life, we will have to limit ourselves on how many of these uniques we can use.

This is my first build guide, hopefully you find it good enough!
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Jul 2, 2018, 4:14:44 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2019, 7:19:08 AM
Awesome build, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Question for you though, I've seen this in a lot of builds and I'm very confused:

None of your threshold jewels have the minimum 40 int to gain their effects. How does that work?
"
None of your threshold jewels have the minimum 40 int to gain their effects. How does that work?

You only need to have those stats in the radius. They do not need to be allocated for the jewel to work.
"
arondite wrote:
Awesome build, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Question for you though, I've seen this in a lot of builds and I'm very confused:

Thanks for giving the build a try!
I can understand your confusion about the Threshold jewels, as that was how they used to work originally. Carnagee is indeed right about that you dont need to allocate the stats for them to work. This was changed in patch 2.6.
"
2.6.0 - Unique Threshold Jewels that applied to specific skills have had their attribute requirements reduced to 40, from 50. They also no longer require those attributes to be allocated.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 6, 2017, 5:56:30 AM
Hi , im runing this build atm , and i have few question :
1. there is gems that you use (with / without link) that i cannot understand like double blade and lightning wrap

2.How can you reach High DPS with this Build ?

3.do you think about 2X Cospirs Malice ?

4.there is other gems (spells) that you can give a try ? like glacial cascade or so ?
Last edited by yinoneliya on Sep 6, 2017, 10:38:43 AM
"
yinoneliya wrote:
1. there is gems that you use (with / without link) that i cannot understand like double blade and lightning wrap

The gems in my helm is just gems that dont require links. It is simply socket places for them. I use double strike to switch with cyclone for certain bosses that require specific positioning etc.

"

The damage comes from the high amount of spell procs we are able to produce.

"

To make 2x cospri with 2 spells in them each reach max proc rate, you need to crit 16 hits per second. This is impossible for cyclone to reach on single target. And without the shield we have high chance of missing our attacks. Especially since with the shield we have skipped all accuracy nodes on the passive tree.

"
4.there is other gems (spells) that you can give a try ? like glacial cascade or so ?

Projectile spells have higher base damage, also thanks to the threshold jewels giving us free GMP and added damage. It opens up for hypothermia in the links instead of GMP or in case of AOE spells increased AOE support.

bängan is bängan.
"
Crovaxx wrote:
"
yinoneliya wrote:

The gems in my helm is just gems that dont require links. It is simply socket places for them. I use double strike to switch with cyclone for certain bosses that require specific positioning etc.

"

The damage comes from the high amount of spell procs we are able to produce.

"

To make 2x cospri with 2 spells in them each reach max proc rate, you need to crit 16 hits per second. This is impossible for cyclone to reach on single target. And without the shield we have high chance of missing our attacks. Especially since with the shield we have skipped all accuracy nodes on the passive tree.

"

Projectile spells have higher base damage, also thanks to the threshold jewels giving us free GMP and added damage. It opens up for hypothermia in the links instead of GMP or in case of AOE spells increased AOE support.

That was fast , thank you very much!!
i just respec my other build to this atm level 79 and dont know what items should i aim to buy to be stronger + tankier (as much as possibole)

this is my Currect Gear :
(Would like if you can just put a gear detail , like what i should aim for ring , amulet , gloves , boots etc.)

"

i just respec my other build to this atm level 79 and dont know what items should i aim to buy to be stronger + tankier (as much as possibole)

(Would like if you can just put a gear detail , like what i should aim for ring , amulet , gloves , boots etc.)

I would first get The Pandemonius neck, that gives both huge damage and survivability to the build.
Most of the damage comes with the gem levels and good jewels.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 6, 2017, 12:29:20 PM
"
Crovaxx wrote:
"

I would first get The Pandemonius neck, that gives both huge damage and survivability to the build.
Most of the damage comes with the gem levels and good jewels.

oo , ok , ill try to get that , is that build viable t15 / guardions / shaper ?
I have not attempted Shaper yet. But all the guardians are doable. In the video section of the guide you can see me killing the Chimera guardian for example.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 6, 2017, 3:14:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info