[3.3] HrimShot - IceShot/Barrage Frenzy Raider (Shaper Down)

where can you get the mana leech?
I can't actually see where you place the Ice Shot threshold gem to get 40 dex around it...is there a mistake, or am I blind?

edit - just hit 61 following this build and it's fun :)
Last edited by elFragile on Oct 9, 2017, 6:55:31 AM
"
elFragile wrote:
I can't actually see where you place the Ice Shot threshold gem to get 40 dex around it...is there a mistake, or am I blind?

edit - just hit 61 following this build and it's fun :)

Neither, it is a "Threshold Jewel" which as explained in the wiki:

"Threshold jewels are a type of unique jewel.

These jewels grant improvements to a specific active skill if enough attribute points are allocatable within its radius. They do not need to be allocated."

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to know a jewel is a Threshold Jewel without looking it up on the wiki...
"
Mr_Tact wrote:

Neither, it is a "Threshold Jewel" which as explained in the wiki:

"Threshold jewels are a type of unique jewel.

These jewels grant improvements to a specific active skill if enough attribute points are allocatable within its radius. They do not need to be allocated."

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to know a jewel is a Threshold Jewel without looking it up on the wiki...

Perhaps I misread, and misread in-game; I thought it stated the dex had to be allocated within the radius
"
elFragile wrote:
Perhaps I misread, and misread in-game; I thought it stated the dex had to be allocated within the radius

Yeah, the language on the item is vague, it says "With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius" which could be read either way...
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Oct 10, 2017, 8:25:32 AM
Mana leech comes from passive tree "Life and Mana Leech" node (on the way to Vitality Void).

I believe for thresshold jewels, the stats used to have to be allocated, but it was (recently?) changed where they just need to be within the range and NOT necessarily allocated.

I think any unique jewel that has the "with at least x STAT in radius" is considered a threshhold jewel.
What about - Hyrri's Ire? good dmg+10% dodge?
"
rebneb wrote:
What about - Hyrri's Ire? good dmg+10% dodge?

OP already says that this is a good option.
Which nodes should I spec into for mana leech?
"
Mana leech comes from passive tree "Life and Mana Leech" node (on the way to Vitality Void).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info