[3.3] HrimShot - IceShot/Barrage Frenzy Raider (Shaper Down)

"
Yes, that is how darkrays work. Note that if you're looking at Path of Building, sometimes it'll include vaal grace in your total dodge calculation - I don't believe I was dodge capped.

Okay, I was wondering about that -- I couldn't find anything turned on in PoB boosting the dodge but what you are saying makes sense. Thanks for all the responses.

Edit: Yeah, "Disabling" the Vaal Grace gem reduced the displayed dodge values in PoB.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Sep 28, 2017, 9:01:46 AM
Here is a theoretical thought: with +2 barrage projectiles on the helmet, does it make sense to switch the gmp for cold penetration, and also adding the unique flask with "+2 projectiles": you lose the reduced dmg, gain penetration which is good against bosses. Does it make sense?
No idea, try it out in Path of Building. ;)
hi, thanks for posting your build.
do you have any other bow suggestions? Reach of the Council, Slivertongue, Quill Rain ect or is the ele damage, far shot and hits cant be evaded to good to not have?

and do you get both bonuses for point blank and far shot or do they work against each other?
the graph for point blank shows the hits need to be real close to get any bonus dps >> https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/File:Point_Blank_distance.jpeg <<

thanks again for posting this fun to play build,
peace
i don't really have any other bow suggestions, every mod is basically absolutely necessary. maaaybe you can get away with using a different one, but you'll need to invest a lot in accuracy (i.e. you'll automatically lose 10% of your total damage since you'll probably end up around 90% accuracy).

Far shot and point blank, while they may seem like total opposites, are not quite exactly opposite. Far shot most important does NOT have the "downside" where you get reduced damage for being "too close" - you simply gain more the farther it travels. Point blank however does lose damage the farther it travels (into negative), and so the bonus from far shot helps offset that negative from point blank.

yes, point blank's "maximum" damage is extremely close, but you probably may end up that close when killing a boss anyway. (they'll usually have a slow/telegraphed attack that you have a long time to pump attacks at them, something like shaper's laser beam.) during those attacks, you want to be as close to the boss as possible, probably pop all your dps flasks, and wail on them with barrage. otherwise, with ice shot when mapping, the distance doesn't really matter.
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Hmm, actually -- it seems like the cap is a limiting factor... you are already at 75% Attack Dodge without the Frenzy charges. I'm at 72%... So, I think I definitely need to get my life up and yeah, I'll trade in my Jade Flask for a Basalt. Are there any other big defense flasks?

I have to say though, even with another 1200 life or so... I don't see me taking out end game content. Tip of the hat to you for having done that...

I have around the same life as you (sround 4500 or so) and I'm doing tier 15 maps rn now super easily. A basalt flask is super helpful and an atziri's promise will give you great life leach as well as great dps. I'd recommend using those as well as just dodging and constantly moving. Sometimes you will die though, but once you're level 87-88, you don't really need any more levels. So you can just farm and not worry about deaths too much.
Finally got around to looking for some Grand Spectrum (Viridian Jewel) jewels -- three listed for 14c from months ago, 24-33c for the ones listed more recently. *sigh*

Also, I looked them up in the Wiki, I didn't understand how they stacked the way they do:

"
Equipping 1x Grand Spectrum and x2 of other Grand Spectrum jewels grants 12 * 3 * 1 = 36% increased Elemental Damage.
Equipping 3x Grand Spectrum grants 12 * 3 * 3 = 108% increased Elemental Damage.

Edit: Haha, the price is worse than I thought, I was seeing legacy versions with the lower percentage damage. The 12% ers are 65c+. *blah*

Edit2: LOL. Make that a full exalted. With people selling the 4% ers at the same cost as the 12% ers. Well, maybe someday I'll be able to get them.. maybe. :D

Edit3: Prices are fluctuating wildly... they went back down to 70c per... So, I pulled the trigger and spent about 70% of my wealth on getting three jewels. Now I just need to grind out the next two levels so I can get all three in the tree. :D
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Oct 4, 2017, 10:37:56 AM
I dont know if I missed it but what order should I do for ascendancy?
"
Wilgecko13 wrote:
I dont know if I missed it but what order should I do for ascendancy?

I'd think Way of the Poacher should be first, you want those Frenzy charges. After that, I'd say it depends on how you feel about how you are doing. If you feel like you need offense, take Avatar of the Slaughter. If you want the defense, take Quartz Infusion. Speaking of which I need to get off my lazy butt and get my 3rd and 4th labs done... :D
Unfortunate about the grand spectrum prices - they were 7-10c when I made the build. Still looks like they're ~40c/ea for HSC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info