[3.01] [HC] Dark Pact Slayer (tanky, low cost, self cast dark pact)

Thank you for your post, between leagues quite a few updates are needed and every once in awhile some stuff will slip through the cracks that is all. Will check up on what you are referring to now, surpisingly you are the first to mention this in a very long time XD. I'm quite shocked that nobody else caught it this late into the league.

Update: I think I see what the main issue was, the 2 links for 1-49 and 50-70 were from the first gen of the newest build (which used vaal pact) and yet it is both dangerous and risky. Will update this now, the 2nd gen is far stronger pre-90. I believe I got all those old links updated, let me know if you find anything else that is from 3.0.

Update 2: No video's yet for the league with the holidays and work stuff its just not been possible unfortunately.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Jan 7, 2018, 3:05:27 PM
I just want to say i reached level 81 with this build, and it is very fun to play.

If you get time then i would appreciate it if you could look at my gear on my character (darkpactbabyboy) i know silly name :P

keep up the good work :)
Last edited by minimario on Jan 10, 2018, 12:44:27 PM
Wow i'm honestly shocked how similar your gear looks to mine, thought I was looking at the wrong account XD. Biggest upgrade (and most costly) will be that 6th link in chest but before that you can see some good increases just by getting better rolls on the uniques you have (ie. repentance gloves that are closer to or have 0% reduced spell damage + lab enchant, helm enchant, leech or regen boot enchant, higher overall stats on rings/amulets ect..) Otherwise looks great, should fairly easily get up to 90 with what you have and beyond.

I was looking at some Shaper/Elder upgrades and they do exist but man they can be tough to get with good rolls included. If you do have the currency it would be worth looking into though, helm stood out for me the most honestly, can get added flat chaos damage for elder mod. Quite possibly shield mods will also beat the lioneye but again, it can get very expensive especially on HC.
thank you ill try to see what i can get :)
After thousands of jewelers and around 1k fusings...

Wow, very nice :D Congrats!
I decided to try doing this without putting DP in the chest, and instead went with a pseudo-5-link Elder dagger with AOE, echo and adds chaos damage to spells; and otherwise super budget gear. This turns out to be a nice budget alternative, and cost me all of 5c. He died in HC due to my impatience in act 9 (rushed the boss with no resists and got one-spanked). However, playing with it in SC after the death was a dream. I give a link to my weapon search in the mini-guide here:

Dark Pact Slayer alt build with Elder weapon
I like that idea and having shaper/elder items does open the possibility of skipping 6L in chest if you find a good deal. Should still be worthwhile for the short term, I have no idea if they will keep those items in the game or not after this league as it does have huge negative impacts on unique items (most uniques become nearly worthless price wise on the market).
Can somebody please post a video of how it plays in 3.1?
livejamie
"
Tome_of_exp wrote:
I have no idea if they will keep those items in the game or not after this league as it does have huge negative impacts on unique items (most uniques become nearly worthless price wise on the market).

Well, to be fair, I still use the same unique chest, I just don't bother six-linking. IMHO, it's still the BiS chest for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info