[3.01] [HC] Dark Pact Slayer (tanky, low cost, self cast dark pact)

Just wanted to give a quick update, just hit lvl 87 recently. Mainly working on just unlocking maps on atlas and should be lvl 90 in a couple days if all goes well. Here is my current gear:

At times my HP does dip down on big hits but in general have not had any close calls since getting my new chest :D. Damage is feeling really good and I find a significant part of the survivability also comes from reduced stun threshold from belt/warlords mark.

Level:87
Hp: 7800
Regen: 820hp/sec in town
Armor: 38% phys mit in town
Evade: 21% in town
DP Tooltip: 16000 dps in town

Next 2 major damage increases would be Uber lab (for the 20% more damage/15% Area increase) and 6th link in chest (Pricy but significant damage increase)
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Dec 19, 2017, 6:46:24 PM
Yes, still coming along slowly although stuck at 85 atm and up to T6/7 maps. Elder's Guardians can't kill as insufficient dps (11k tooltip) on a 5L chest. Just got to get the jewellers and fuses to finish crafting this

(but i don't care any more as just sold Bisco at 13Ex :P)
Last edited by Pogster71 on Dec 22, 2017, 5:04:03 PM
Ya 11k is fairly low, even the 16k I have is low considering:
-Still can get 20% more damage from slayer ascendancy on kill
-Still on a 5L (6th adds 30-40% more damage depending on gem)
-Gems are not level 20
-Can still get more str on every rare piece of gear

I cannot remember how high it can scale up but with the new jewels included in this as well it has quite a bit of room with enough currency.
Hi mate, i'm following your guide since harbinger's league.

I have a few questions for you :

1) Why don't you guy play with Le Heup ?

Dmg wise it's fine, stats are always good for High int requirement gem (like repentance 306int required)
And the Magic Find bonus really helps sustaining map pool (also more currency)

2) Why don't you play with bloodrage also ?
Since you're leeching endlessly, you clearspeed can be WAY faster with some frenzy charges.
(also i gain between 20% and 21%DPS with the extracast speed)

3) I don't really like playing with Kaom's roots ->

I like playing with those flasks :

76% physical dmg reduction (without endurance charges)
47% chance to evade attacks
With my current gear Kaom's just give me +200hp compared to my other (mediocre) boots for a 48% evasion loss.

You think those HP are worth it ? Or evasion is better ?

Here's my gear ATM :

I was able to grab a lvl 21 dark pact for like 1ex :p

Dmg : 17005dps in town, unbuffed
During fight with frenzy charges and onslaught, while leeching : 27K (without 4th ascendancy = +20% dmg)

ANd i'm working on my 6L cherubim atm :)

Just need vorici level 6 :-(
Last edited by Quubz on Dec 25, 2017, 4:34:51 AM
@Quubz

1) Le Heup is a great suggestion and I will look into putting it into the guide. No specific reason why it was not being used in particular.

2) Bloodrage is being used its just not part of the guide itself (on my last post you can see it in the shield links).

3) I have tried kaom's roots previously, it is great to be immune to temp chains and other slows. Problems that come up are the fact that it has no move speed (so you become more reliant on shield charge), you lose all evasion (which is not a small thing as far as survivability). So you do get more HP but it is arguable if you actually get a significant amount of increased survivability. I personally would say that having the evasion is more important because it can easily mitigate substantial amounts of damage due to smaller hits, it is very rare to get hit by something that will 1 shot us.

Even though that chest has a low chaos damage roll it is incredible that you have 5 Blue XD, that is the second 5 Blue socket I have seen this league.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Dec 25, 2017, 8:30:45 AM
Ok, thanks for your answers, I feel better about evasion now :D

For your information, I crafted that 5 blue :
2 x "at least 2 blue" cause don't have the 3 blue Socket receipe yet :D
1 x 4 socket

I was REALLY lucky, and that was cheap as ****
Last edited by Quubz on Dec 26, 2017, 11:44:17 AM
There we are.
I roll'd a 6th blue on 1st attempt >.<
Red on 2nd :)

10 fuse later : 5L
I dunno when i'll fusespam for 6L :)

ANyway, did you find any "usefull" rare abyss new mods ?
I drop A LOT of items, didn't see any cool suffix/affix so far. Dunno if worth chaos spamming on them ?
You can see all the elder/shaper mods on http://poeaffix.net/. I have not yet had a chance to go through all of them but I have not seen anything that really blew me away :(, will have to put some time into that soon enough. Tough with the holidays and all~~
I hope someone is watching this thread, I have been looking for a solid boss endgame farmer, is this what I am looking for? Uber lab is great but I was also looking for shaper elder guardians end game stuff would be what I need. Oh also important I am in abyss league.

I dont care about clear speeds, hogm, leveling (gotta duelest at 85 right now that I am happy to convert) Just strictly looking for safe endgame boss farmz Thanks!
@foster21 I would say this is not a end game boss farmer XD, other builds currently do it better. I am the maker of the guide, was only developed really to have a safe tanky build that could clear most content on a budget, that's all.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Dec 26, 2017, 7:59:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info