[3.0][3.1][3.2] Death's Oath CI Occultist 96,9k chaos dps plus blight, shaper kill video

Hello, this is to say that the build is still viable in 3.3 Incursion Leage, don't know about Shaper yet, but it's really effective, and still Hyper Lazy.

Had a close eye on it from the Bestiary.

Gotta Admit, Good job creating this one ;)
Hello guys.

Been loving the Death's Oath CI Occulist for a few leagues now, but still feel like a noob.
Currently toying with getting one of the new shields, and from what I can understand Apep's Supremacy is a good one: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Apep%27s_Supremacy
This has faster shield recharge start, chaos damage, and a good amount of ES, and it makes us bleed-immune (I can't count the times I've died because I didn't notice a big chunck of bleeds on me, comes with not being good at this game, heh)

I'm also looking at the Unshattered Will: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Unshattered_Will
My main question is if our Aura counts as a channeled skill for (50-70)% increased Damage with Channelling Skills to have any effect?

I am very much leaning towards the Apep's Supremacy, but also looking for any other advice for a good shield.
@Tokolosh

Apep's supremacy yes but note that it have less than 300es, so you will have less in total.
Added chaos damage only works with hits and you don't hit at all.
Faster start of shield recharge definitely great same for +3% to all maximum Resistances while Poisoned :)

As for unshattered will the only channeled skill we use is blight, not worth it.
Also it has near to no es so... nope

good luck and the most important thing, have fun
@SmoczyArchaniol:

Thanks for the input. See your points about the Unshattered Will.

Will take a look at some rare shields and see what I end up doing. The faster shield restart, and the immunity to bleed really are looking good to me on the Apep's:)
another update: lvl 92 in incursion [3.3].

the build is still great fun, but I think that's as far as I'll take it. ~75k Death Aura damage.
while great for fast clearing and pretty safe and defensive for yellow till lower red maps - starting higher red maps the single target damage is, at least for my low gaming skills, too slow in building up (blight stacks) and generally too low for comfortable guardian/shaper killing (of course you can simply run around in circles for a while and wait till enemies have died from your chaos aura).

current gear

PoB stats

To-do:
- I couldn't get a "blight" enchant on the helmet
- next 3 levels would all be damage nodes (towards the shadow starting area on the skill tree)
- get some mana on gear to safe a skill point. I took a mana node for QoL, so I could re-cast the fire golem (75 mana) without having to swap gear or turn auras off
- get a double corrupted Death's Oath with some of the new corruptions. For example: +2 AoE gems, +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems, ...

Tips:
- buy well rolled Death's Oath for 1c. six socket them (~ 200 jewlers). use the altar of corruption for a 1/4 chance to get all white sockets on your body armour.
- don't forget: blight stacks are not calculated in PoB. blight stacks, however, increase the damage of death aura and blight itself considerably.

For all mechanical details, please refer to the great explanations in OPs original post.
changes:
- invested in block + spell block
- cwdt + tempest shield
- shield with "recover 5% of energy shield on block"
- rainbow strides boots for some spell block
- rumi's flask for even more block and spell block
--> can face tank 99% of bosses
- cwdt "cold snap" for free frenzy charges
- watchers eye jewel with "faster start of energy shield recharge while affected by Discipline" - instead of getting that stats on rings, like OP did
- temp chains curse to buff Wither and Blight stacks
- Dispair + Blasphemy for QoL. Hitting the witchfire brew flask only for bosses (blind + 38% inc damage + 100% inc evasion)
Last edited by PopeJo on Jul 13, 2018, 7:54:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info