3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
rhah wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I seem to be having a heck of a lot of difficulty with bosses. Serious difficulty I get 1-shotted all the time (and iam trying to hardest to dodge and move etc). Damage is pretty poor too and not sure why.

Passive Tree:

- drop 0.3 regen node near Scion
- drop 3x 0.4 regen nodes near guardian
- drop 3 nodes around stamina

Now throw all those passives into life% nodes. I'll give you a ton of life.

Items:

- get Watcher's Eye jewel with % recovery (20-30%) when affected by vitality
- get elder stygian belt with % recovery (goes up to 20%)

Recovery is regeneration multiplier.

I can't see your jewels. you should be using stuff like this:

For harder bosses you can try replacing Quicksilver flask with Rumi's.

Gems:

I doubt that you can keep up EO with your attack speed. Id drop curse on hit setup and replace it with increased critical strikes (more than doubles your crit chance) and culling strike (max quality for extra attack speed).

Your weapon is too slow. Replace it with Brightbeak, for best clear speed and EO trigger chance. You can also use Doryani's Catalyst (with max AS roll), or a rare sceptre with high attack speed and increased damage, for more damage against bosses.

Throw that enduring cry on your shield, in-place of enlighten, and replace it with Efficacy.

Buy level 20 purity of fire, it'll give you an instant +1 max fire res.

Thank you for the advice but this still seems to do no damage and is easily 1 shotable. I tried shaper, can 75% him easily, but the last 25% i deal zero damage. Because of that, the map just fills up with these horrible vortexes (counted 43) individual ones when i finally died) i just cant deal any darn damage! Why is this the case??

My jewels are as you suggested, I have one Watcher's jewel with life recovery and 4 of the double damage + % life mods (couldnt buy triple damage).

Efficiency gem socketed, level 21 Purity of Fire + Empower level 3 (plus level 20 Vitality (working on getting level 21).

Quicksilver was already used inplace of rumi.

Got a sceptre with triple damage (ele + area + fire), but it does say added fire damage to spells, so havent used it yet. Does this trigger elemental equilibrium because of the fire damage to spells??
Again, havent used it yet.

Shaper's health just stands still and I die instantaneously from the votexes, there so many on the map (because shaper's health doesn't drop).

I don't understand why this build does is not working for me. 9.6k life, 1.7k regen, max res, god knows how much damage (see my gear). Watching videos on Youtube, they get 3-9 vortex's on the screen before shaper dies...not sodding 30++ No idea why this is not working. Popping flasks like mad.

Know the mechanics of the boss fight, surviving everything except when the entire map floor is filled with vortex's

Please can anyone help.

Last edited by Mentalmike on Jan 15, 2018, 6:31:00 PM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I tried shaper, can 75% him easily, but the last 25% i deal zero damage. Because of that, the map just fills up with these horrible vortexes (counted 43) individual ones when i finally died) i just cant deal any darn damage! Why is this the case??

Are you dying during the first stage? Are you saying that you get him to 25% and then he becomes immortal? Can you explain the situation in more detail, or maybe make a video of you attempting to kill him?

Your gear is very good, way better than one needs to kill Shaper. You are doing something wrong during the fight.

Btw, fire damage to spells is fine. Shield charge is not a spell, so it won't get that added fire damage.
"
rhah wrote:
Finally got my hands on an elder marble amulet.

This must be the only one in existence, as I couldn't find another one on poe.trade. That should be pushing 50ex. no?
I would pay 5 ex max.
Last edited by neostars on Jan 16, 2018, 12:50:48 AM
Does the regen from 2 watcher's eye stack? Meaning getting 2X 25-30% increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality.
"
Nosferat wrote:
Does the regen from 2 watcher's eye stack? Meaning getting 2X 25-30% increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality.

You can only use one watcher's eye at a time. You can get an elder belt with recovery though, it rolls up to 20%. Different sources of recovery are additive with each other.
"
dnut_00 wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
Finally got my hands on an elder marble amulet.

This must be the only one in existence, as I couldn't find another one on poe.trade. That should be pushing 50ex. no?

There is another one in sc abyss, listed for 100ex. I bought mine for 30ex. Hard to say to say what they are actually worth.

My guess though, is that when more people find out about what kind of mods it can roll, they will be worth over 100ex. Decent +1 max res kaom's heart sells for around 30ex. Elder marble can roll up to 2% regen, which becomes 3% with 50% recovery. That's about three times better than 1 max res. They can also roll 1% inc damage per 15 strength, and around 10% inc aoe.
"
... becomes 3% with 50% recovery

From the jewel?
Last edited by dnut_00 on Jan 16, 2018, 3:44:07 PM
"
rhah wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I tried shaper, can 75% him easily, but the last 25% i deal zero damage. Because of that, the map just fills up with these horrible vortexes (counted 43) individual ones when i finally died) i just cant deal any darn damage! Why is this the case??

Are you dying during the first stage? Are you saying that you get him to 25% and then he becomes immortal? Can you explain the situation in more detail, or maybe make a video of you attempting to kill him?

Your gear is very good, way better than one needs to kill Shaper. You are doing something wrong during the fight.

Btw, fire damage to spells is fine. Shield charge is not a spell, so it won't get that added fire damage.

Unfortunately I do not have any recording capabilities.

So Phase 1 of the fight (Kill shaper to 50% hp)- Really easy, no problem.
Phase 2 (running through the map) is really easy however the boss is really tanky and if I am not careful can kill me but i wouldnt say it is a challenge.
Phase 3 (back to Shaper and you have to get him down to 25% health) His health usually around 75%-80% for me - Easy but it can get tricky with the vortex's. Killing him becomes slower for some reason.
Phase 4 (running through the map) is really easy. HOWEVER the boss is bloody tanky and can very easily kill me if he lands 2 hits on me in succession.
Phase 5 (final phase with Shaper) His health is usually around the 50-60% mark for me. Initially it is easy but he is very tanky. The vortexs keep spawning at around 1-2 every 5-10s it is insane. I am able to get him down to around 20-30% HP however it just stagnates there, I am unable to deal any damage to him.

Do the vortex's debuff your damage? If so that makes full sense. Because it takes soo long to damage him, the map is plastered with vortex's I counted 45 vortex's on my map on my 2nd attempt (30 on my first, managed to survive alot longer on my 2nd).

His life just does not move when i manage to hit him, albeit due to the vortex's accumulating i get very few opportunities to hit him. So it does diminish over time. However the beginning i get nearly entirety of my time hitting/burning him and it still goes down so slowly.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have any recording capabilities.

So Phase 1 of the fight (Kill shaper to 50% hp)- Really easy, no problem.
Phase 2 (running through the map) is really easy however the boss is really tanky and if I am not careful can kill me but i wouldnt say it is a challenge.
Phase 3 (back to Shaper and you have to get him down to 25% health) His health usually around 75%-80% for me - Easy but it can get tricky with the vortex's. Killing him becomes slower for some reason.
Phase 4 (running through the map) is really easy. HOWEVER the boss is bloody tanky and can very easily kill me if he lands 2 hits on me in succession.
Phase 5 (final phase with Shaper) His health is usually around the 50-60% mark for me. Initially it is easy but he is very tanky. The vortexs keep spawning at around 1-2 every 5-10s it is insane. I am able to get him down to around 20-30% HP however it just stagnates there, I am unable to deal any damage to him.

Do the vortex's debuff your damage? If so that makes full sense. Because it takes soo long to damage him, the map is plastered with vortex's I counted 45 vortex's on my map on my 2nd attempt (30 on my first, managed to survive alot longer on my 2nd).

His life just does not move when i manage to hit him, albeit due to the vortex's accumulating i get very few opportunities to hit him. So it does diminish over time. However the beginning i get nearly entirety of my time hitting/burning him and it still goes down so slowly.

No. You deal the same amount of damage through all stages. There are no debuffs.

Looking at your gear, your dps should be very good. The problem is that you are running around too much and not dealing damage.

It's hard to give advice here, but, generally, what you wanna do is this:

You need to stay on him and shield charge his face nonstop to keep EO up. When you see a vortex coming your way, shield charge at it, to pop it away from shaper, and then quickly shield charge back to shaper. You also want to try and keep vortexes away from center, especially from the place where Zana holds her bubble. When you see a vortex globe hanging on the side of the map, jump to it before it starts moving, it'll pop on the side.

You should switch to Brightbeak, it'll make it much easier to dodge stuff and to deal with vortexes. It will also make it easier to keep EO up, it's important here because you often can't stay on shaper for long.

You can also watch this video of me killing shaper in 3.0: https://youtu.be/mKfw5I53Jeg

Shaper is a skill based fight, it takes time to get a hang of it. Just keep trying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info