[3.2] Spellomancer, facetank 95%, clear 99.9% of the game with ease. Budget, Shaper, Uber, HoGM ...

"
Lanalor wrote:
With the 3.0 league coming to an end, and the harbinger uniques likely to be far less accessible in 3.1 league, what shield do you think will fill in the best?

2 variants here, either rathpith + different amu or lazhwar and a nice rare shield. Rathpith + xoph's heart would be the dream for fire spell.

Lazhwar variant has 2 good points to use it. Easy +1 curse corruption and can get a shield with mana on block. Or if u want to use staff, then u need lazhwar. With rathpith can get more dps and more hp pool. Can use xoph's heart, which is a straight 20% more dmg multi, if not used with belt of the deceiver or animate guardian or shock. Rathpith makes u much more flexible in gearing too. Can use anvil for nice def buff and easy +1 curse corruption. I used harbinger shield only cuz i wanted to, not cuz it's so good.

TL;DR unless u have a godly rare shield or want to use a staff, go with rathpith and what ever amu u like.
Cool, opens up some options i suppose. I also just saw the new unique shield coming out in 3.1. It has +2 to socketed gem levels, meaning a potential lvl 30 desecrate if you can corrupt it for +1.

That could be interesting.
"
Lanalor wrote:
Cool, opens up some options i suppose. I also just saw the new unique shield coming out in 3.1. It has +2 to socketed gem levels, meaning a potential lvl 30 desecrate if you can corrupt it for +1.

That could be interesting.

U mean offering, not desecrate, right? :)

Yes, i saw it and immediately though about that too. But the shield is not rly worth it for this build. No dmg, low life roll, anti freeze is easy done with flask and this build is not particularly vulnerable to cold dmg. So the benefits not outweigh the drawbacks. And will need to use lazhwar.
Great build! Is lightnings or colds viable?
"
ankiloci0510 wrote:
Great build! Is lightnings or colds viable?

Depends on what u mean with viable. U could clear all up to t16 with almost any skill. Things like uber, HoGM, shaper and chayula is not doable with all or will require some investment in gear. I have done this build with spark and the clear speed was awesome, but single target not so much. But with it, HoGM and atziri(i was killing myself on the reflect clone all the time) r not doable at all.
"
1337fun wrote:

U mean offering, not desecrate, right? :)

Ye, my bad. I think ill be trying to go with Rathpith and the anvil with +1 curse. Hopefully rathpith is nice and cheap to go for the +1 gems corruption this coming league.
Nice build!
I would like to try a variation building solely on righteous fire, with the scourge weapon and a minion as meat shield and added damage - to put it into 6L slot.
Giving up mana requirement, as we will cast very rarely, we can give up clarity too. And then, if we manage to degen mana(it should degen with the actual MoM and zero mana regen) we can use divination distillate for reaching 100% fire resistance, stopping RF self degen, and so proccing Soul of Arakaali regen buff!
my main concern is if there is a minion strong enough to recover (even partially) our scorching ray damage - we still get a lot of inc. damage on minion (and ourselves with scourge) anyway.
What do you think about it?
Desclaimer: I' m trying to build a tanky RF necro for fast clear speed runs, I do not like doing bosses. :)
"
engharat wrote:
Nice build!
I would like to try a variation building solely on righteous fire, with the scourge weapon and a minion as meat shield and added damage - to put it into 6L slot.
Giving up mana requirement, as we will cast very rarely, we can give up clarity too. And then, if we manage to degen mana(it should degen with the actual MoM and zero mana regen) we can use divination distillate for reaching 100% fire resistance, stopping RF self degen, and so proccing Soul of Arakaali regen buff!
my main concern is if there is a minion strong enough to recover (even partially) our scorching ray damage - we still get a lot of inc. damage on minion (and ourselves with scourge) anyway.
What do you think about it?
Desclaimer: I' m trying to build a tanky RF necro for fast clear speed runs, I do not like doing bosses. :)

Remember, u still need to have at least 1 aura for commander of darkness. Will prolly be purity of fire for u then.

I rly dont know, what minion could be good for u. But if u only want to clear maps, then u dont need anything else but rf. What u could take with u, is animate guardian for bosses and hard rares. See the guide for more info. Support him with melee splash for aoe debuff. Can add inc aoe for even better coverage.

With rf u just need to shield charge in a pack and put orb of storm and done. Most white packs will even die before u can drop the orb.

Can use orb of storm with curse on hit 20/20 flammability and ele weakness to melt everything in usual maps.

Also sr has a very good synergy with rf, reducing the fire resistances. Can just make it to a totem for bosses, if u dont want to cast it urself.
Why is your Desecrate lvl 20 linked to a CWDT lvl 1 ?
Last edited by Kryptex on Nov 24, 2017, 2:40:42 AM
"
Kryptex wrote:
Why is your Desecrate lvl 20 linked to a CWDT lvl 1 ?

Cuz i dont want it to be supported by CwDT. I want to use it manually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info