[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

"
shinino wrote:
How are you running Hatred, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour all at the same time (all linked in the shield)?

I can thanks to the shield : there is 10% reduced mana reserved for socketed gems

"
ighar7 wrote:
What Weapon u use? I dont see, or im just blind?

No weapon since its a Facebreaker build :)

"
Shwaggyman wrote:
I don't understand the new shield setup. Doesn't seem possible. Are u switching between HOA and hatred depending on what you are doing or something?

Also does the new 6 link setup do more damage than the faster attack setup for ice crash? I'm a bit confused.

Look above for the shield setup explanation :)

About the 6 link setup, it does more damage since Elemental damage with attack and Elemental focus bonus is applied on 100% of our output damage instead of 50% before, because we now deal 100% elemental damage, instead of 50% physical/50% elemental.

So if you do the maths : lets say 1 hit does 100 000 damage. In the 3.0 build, it means 50 000 physical / 50 000 elemental, and in the 3.1 build it means 100 000 elemental (not REALLY the exact maths, since im not counting the added fire or added lightning in both setups, but its not so far from that)

Let's say the Elemental damage with attacks & Elemental focus gems gives 50% MORE elemental each :
- 3.0 build : 50 000 physical + 50 000 elemental + 25 000 elemental x 2 = 150 000
- 3.1 build : 100 000 elemental + 50 000 elemental x 2 = 200 000
And the same maths applies to any %increaed elemental damage with attacks bonus you will get on your stuff, you benefit more from it with the 3.1 build than with the 3.0 one.

The difference in DPS is reduced a bit by the fact you attack faster with the 3.0 build, but since the gem faster attacks is not %MORE attack speed, but only %INCREASED attack speed, it's not as good as you think it is :)

You can try it on Path of Building, you will see your DPS increased by more than 35% :)

"
storm_masters wrote:
ATTENTION, everyone farm the < Shaped Steel Ring > price 100ex, because ring has mod < 20% Reduced reflected Elemental dagame taken >

I wouldn't recommend it, just avoid elemental reflect maps and you will be okay :p It is too much investment for some maps you could reroll with 1 or 2 chaos, and you will lose resist or DPS by doing this.
Last edited by mayo on Dec 24, 2017, 7:26:00 AM
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Makes sense.

I'm stoked because I got the belt with 2nd vaal I used and found an abyssus with 41% in the first day of Xbox league! Nobody has one of the new shield up for sale so I'm waiting on that but I've got a good start going hah is it worth it to upgrade to 40% from 41% abyssus at some point or meh?
Last edited by Shwaggyman on Dec 25, 2017, 2:46:24 AM
"
Shwaggyman wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Makes sense.

I'm stoked because I got the belt with 2nd vaal I used and found an abyssus with 41% in the first day of Xbox league! Nobody has one of the new shield up for sale so I'm waiting on that but I've got a good start going hah is it worth it to upgrade to 40% from 41% abyssus at some point or meh?

Well I won't tell you to get 800% facebreaker instead of 798% ones, but 40% increased damage taken instead of 41% might save your life someday, so I'd say yes :p
Just added my current gear on first page, in the 3.1 section
What's your opinion on Watcher's Eye conversion modifier to Hatred? Even with lowest roll conversion of 25%, switching phys-to-light gem with cold penetration gives the same dps against shaper/guardians with added benefit of making resistance map mods easier.
"
Pyotr wrote:
What's your opinion on Watcher's Eye conversion modifier to Hatred? Even with lowest roll conversion of 25%, switching phys-to-light gem with cold penetration gives the same dps against shaper/guardians with added benefit of making resistance map mods easier.

Yep, it's definitely an OP jewel, but since its so random and Hatred is used by like 95% of melee physical builds, I don't even hope to put my hands on it :D

Switching phys-to-light with cold pen is a good QOL improvement as you say :)
Last edited by mayo on Dec 27, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
Little update on my current gear, I got this baby :

Not much life, but the chance to shock is insane : it's a 20% increased damage shock for 4 seconds as written on the wiki "Other non-hit sources of Shock, unless otherwise specified in the debuff, will increase damage taken by 20%." :)
Last edited by mayo on Dec 27, 2017, 10:50:29 AM
"
mayo wrote:

Yep, it's definitely an OP jewel, but since its so random and Hatred is used by like 95% of melee physical builds, I don't even hope to put my hands on it :D

6L astral plate with I presume at least 1 shrieking craft costs at least 2ex, so 2ex for a build-changing jewel isn't that impossible to farm.
Unless I am missing some trick for getting 6L astral below 100c.
"
Pyotr wrote:
"
mayo wrote:

6L astral plate with I presume at least 1 shrieking craft costs at least 2ex, so 2ex for a build-changing jewel isn't that impossible to farm.
Unless I am missing some trick for getting 6L astral below 100c.

When I was looking for this Jewel in early league the price was insane, if it only costs 2ex I'll try it for sure :)
Full build updated for 3.1, with the Watcher's Eye jewel I just bought :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info