[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
idrgz wrote:
how important is 6 link if you dont plan on killing any bosses besides like shitty t12-t13 map boses? no shaper no uber atziri or w/e ? can you get by with 5 link ? i have the money for 6 link yriels im just not sure if i need it :S

and how viable is empower 3 / enlight 3 / wrath?

i doubt you will have any problems vs these bosses with 20\20 gems and dying sun+other flasks and decent gear slots with 5 link
"
qqblowa wrote:
"
idrgz wrote:
how important is 6 link if you dont plan on killing any bosses besides like shitty t12-t13 map boses? no shaper no uber atziri or w/e ? can you get by with 5 link ? i have the money for 6 link yriels im just not sure if i need it :S

i doubt you will have any problems vs these bosses with 20\20 gems and dying sun+other flasks and decent gear slots with 5 link

you think so ? whats the "best" gem to drop if you dont have 6 link ? lightning pen? and am i retarded or is there literally no vinktars on the market with added lightning damage to attacks ? am i searching it wrong?
"
idrgz wrote:
"
qqblowa wrote:
"
idrgz wrote:

you think so ? whats the "best" gem to drop if you dont have 6 link ? lightning pen? and am i retarded or is there literally no vinktars on the market with added lightning damage to attacks ? am i searching it wrong?

You need to set up the price to 100+ chaos else you won't find it. :)
lol damn nice price of vinktar :D:D:

so has anyone tried emp3/enl3/wrath is it worth it for the price it costs? and the new Inya's Epiphany boots?
Question about the Ascendant (Scion) route.

It's not until Merciless lab that you can allocate towards ranger passives, what do you suggest until that point? Considering that there really isn't a whole lot taken towards the scion starting aside from health, it seems like mid-game is rather difficult up until reaching that point.
I found a 270 physical dps wander with good attack speed and crit, but I can't find any builds that use pure physical wands... would you help me with links and or a tree for that? Or are the just not as good as elemental wands?
"
returnofsnow wrote:
Spoiler

The Empower goes in the wand slot, currently testing without it because I got this new wand today and mana starving. Also considering switching to Raider, will have 1.6m Shaper DPS with a shitty amulet.
this gives me 200k dps vs Shaper if I swap Bisco's.

Any tips on what upgrades would get the best bang for my buck next? I don't want to spent mindlessly since any wander gear is incredibly expensive.

Any ideas?

"
returnofsnow wrote:
"
returnofsnow wrote:
Spoiler

The Empower goes in the wand slot, currently testing without it because I got this new wand today and mana starving. Also considering switching to Raider, will have 1.6m Shaper DPS with a shitty amulet.
this gives me 200k dps vs Shaper if I swap Bisco's.

Any tips on what upgrades would get the best bang for my buck next? I don't want to spent mindlessly since any wander gear is incredibly expensive.

Any ideas?

since you have the helm i would drop thunderfists for some nice rare gloves.
you could also take a look at buying a load of maligaro's gloves or shaper's touch and trying to vaal for ele weakness on hit i feel that would be a great option.(i stated those 2 as they offer a lot to the build while being 1c items to buy quite a few of to vaal)
I'm playing the raider version at the moment and was thinking about making a scion to try the acendent version. Any big differences between the two?
"
iMythic wrote:
I'm playing the raider version at the moment and was thinking about making a scion to try the acendent version. Any big differences between the two?

He lists the differences between ALL options in the main post....

The TLDR is scion is essentially way tankier via more health, more sockets and way less elemental damage reflected. It has slightly less damage then other options but not by a huge margain. It's also in the middle of the pack on movement speed for all options. Not the slowest, not the quickest.

For a wander, I personally went scion and am leveling it now. I hate dying, especially to reflect. Getting such a big reduction to reflect, 2 golems, and mini raider is just too good for me. Not only that but so much more life on tree and sockets to pump money into GG jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info