[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
juerk wrote:
Pathfinder and Raider (Avatar of the Veil) are shock-immune under certain conditions (Pf: while using a flask, Raider: while phasing). Other classes have to get a "grounding" flask, the "shocked" debuff is nothing to play around with. This and MS are the reasons the two classes are as popular as they are.

*The popularity might change in 3.1 though, who knows.

Thanks, you mean we are shock immume with Master Alchemist "Immune to Elemental Status Ailments during Flask Effect"? I never knew, thanks. How do other classes besides Pathfinder and Raider use Vinktar flask?
Last edited by tkensei on Dec 4, 2017, 5:15:13 PM
Barrage
Barrage no longer has the additional projectile enchantment available in the Merciless Labyrinth. The equivalent Endgame Labyrinth enchantment now grants +1 additional Barrage Projectile (down from +2). Existing helmet enchantments are unmodified.

The additional projectile made this skill and enchantment combination the superior choice for bow/wand users. We want to ensure that there are several viable options for these characters.

Queen of the Forest

Now has 200 to 240% increased Evasion Rating (down from 240 to 380%). The movement speed bonus this item can provide has been capped at 100% for all versions.

Changes to evasion basetypes in The Fall of Oriath both pushed the evasion rating of this item too high, and took the movement speed this item granted to an extreme. We never intended for a single item to be able to provide so much movement speed. Over time as more movement speed and evasion became available this item has become unreasonable. The movement speed players were attaining was not something that the game was designed to handle. This cap is unlikely to affect average use of this item.

R.I.P Clearspeed
Well the nerfs certainly do affect this build... i wonder how we can build around it?
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Barrage
Barrage no longer has the additional projectile enchantment available in the Merciless Labyrinth. The equivalent Endgame Labyrinth enchantment now grants +1 additional Barrage Projectile (down from +2). Existing helmet enchantments are unmodified.

The additional projectile made this skill and enchantment combination the superior choice for bow/wand users. We want to ensure that there are several viable options for these characters.

Queen of the Forest

Now has 200 to 240% increased Evasion Rating (down from 240 to 380%). The movement speed bonus this item can provide has been capped at 100% for all versions.

Changes to evasion basetypes in The Fall of Oriath both pushed the evasion rating of this item too high, and took the movement speed this item granted to an extreme. We never intended for a single item to be able to provide so much movement speed. Over time as more movement speed and evasion became available this item has become unreasonable. The movement speed players were attaining was not something that the game was designed to handle. This cap is unlikely to affect average use of this item.

R.I.P Clearspeed

Pretty funny. I wanted to complain about the QotF-nerf due to the rather large tradeoff for the high MS. Especially compared to the usual Whirling Blades/Shield Charge builds. Then I realized that they actually nerfed them all (Spectres being an exception).

Raider easily gets 200% MS without QoTF though, and Barrage enchant has nothing to do w/ clearspeed.
How much of a difference the barrage enchant will make for the single target DPS? Do you think the build will suffer a lot or it will be OK? Thanks.
"
YYakovliev wrote:
How much of a difference the barrage enchant will make for the single target DPS? Do you think the build will suffer a lot or it will be OK? Thanks.

you go from 8 arrows (raider) to 7 or from 9 to 8 in case of pathfinder.

If you want to build a pure bosskiller you might think twice about doing the build. For mapping / other random encounters its more than fine still. The rest depends on the patch notes, prices and the new bosses.

Last edited by juerk on Dec 5, 2017, 12:47:21 PM
patch notes summary:

Only nerfs and no buffs at all. Hard way all the way, GGG.

Oh and:

Lycosidae: Chance to drop from monsters has been greatly reduced. This item was being used on a significant portion of melee characters across all levels as an extremely cheap way to get around accuracy requirements.

Gratz on making me waste 30+ Chaos for an EARLY GAME shield. That logic.
Last edited by deimudda69 on Dec 5, 2017, 8:45:51 PM
"
deimudda69 wrote:
patch notes summary:

Only nerfs and no buffs at all. Hard way all the way, GGG.

Oh and:

Lycosidae: Chance to drop from monsters has been greatly reduced. This item was being used on a significant portion of melee characters across all levels as an extremely cheap way to get around accuracy requirements.

Gratz on making me waste 30+ Chaos for an EARLY GAME shield. That logic.

really lame notes.

GGG does NOT care about early game. Otherwise they would have done something about sunder scaling or some other no-investment build. Hard to tell what new builds should emerge from this balancing mess.

As much as I liked the teasers of the abyss league..this is just disappointing.

On a side note: Can a Slayer get away without a lifeflask in the new patch? If you can cheese a flask slot like this, Slayer might very well be on par with Raider/PF for some content.

All the nerfs only mildly effect this build. The most important one is probably the Lycoside rarity boost, if it's significant it's gonna cost a lot more than 30c.

The Qotf and barrag enchant won't affect this much at all. Barrage enchant changes lowers top range single target slightly, and Qotf will still grant a massive amount of clear speed. Even then with Raider or Pathfinder I'd rather go with Yriel's chest anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info