[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Guys... what about winter orb with this build?
"
Fornal89 wrote:

lol, came here to ask the same xD
"
HashFTW wrote:
"
Fornal89 wrote:

lol, came here to ask the same xD

can u Winter Orb with Totems?
IGN: DabrixRN
"
shrunn57 wrote:
I tried it with soul mantle as recommended, but I hated the curse management. At the time I looked around and the cheapest 6-link that helped the build was carcass jack. So I've used that for a while. You lose a support gem but get some support-like affixes on the chest.

I've really liked this setup, as I can't often place more than 4 totems at a time effectively, so 4 seems to be enough. This build allows me to kill more bosses safely than I have with any builds other than possibly juggernauts.

Carcass jack is changing in 3.5 (increased AoE), though I'm not sure if that really helps or not.

I understand that you don't like the draw back from curses, but just get a anti curse flask and you'll be fine :)
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
shrunn57 wrote:
I tried it with soul mantle as recommended, but I hated the curse management. At the time I looked around and the cheapest 6-link that helped the build was carcass jack. So I've used that for a while. You lose a support gem but get some support-like affixes on the chest.

I've really liked this setup, as I can't often place more than 4 totems at a time effectively, so 4 seems to be enough. This build allows me to kill more bosses safely than I have with any builds other than possibly juggernauts.

Carcass jack is changing in 3.5 (increased AoE), though I'm not sure if that really helps or not.

I understand that you don't like the draw back from curses, but just get a anti curse flask and you'll be fine :)

um - they said they hate curse management - which the flasks are. I agree that it's tedious and I would never play hardcore as forgetting to flask even once is very bad
Obviously when I used soul mantle I had a couple of warding flasks. That's precisely what I didn't like.
Obviously when I used soul mantle I had a couple of warding flasks. That's precisely what I didn't like.
Sorry about that. Not sure what key I hit that poasted it three times.
"
How does this compare to arc? Looks a lot more satisfying to play, but in terms of numbers and cost, is there a difference?
Arc is a better mapper due to targeting. GC is a better bosser due to it's internal mechanics (spell overlap and Phys to Cold conversion).

"
could scion be a choice now? we get +1 totem from hiero and then something else from a different class. apart from the +1 totem hiero doesnt seem to be that good now
I disagree with Hiero seeming to not be that good. It is still the best totem class for a variety of reasons but at the same time I don't want to discourage innovation. I suggest trying Scion and at first glance something like Chieftan/Assassin/Elementalist/Pathfinder seem like some great choices to pair with Hiero.

"
I really like the build but I am worried about how it will feel to move around maps. I noticed that there is no +ms and only whirling blades to move around. I am just worried it will feel like a slog to map, I have never tried whirling blades as a moment skill before though.
Switching from movement abilities to walking is as simple as getting a movement speed flasks and putting on movespeed boots.

"
So the skill gems are announced and I see with multiple totems support we get +2 totems but 21% less damage. Also place 2 at a time.

With soul mantle that will be 6 totems at 79% of damage or almost 4.8 full damage totems worth. The loss of another support gem may seem costly, but the ascendancy will add 18% totem damage with 6 (if I am understanding that right).

I'm playing with a 6L carcass jack and only 4 totems, and losing a support may be a bit worse. I would get 5 totems though and +15%.

edit: also carcass jack will get more incAoE this patch (20% goes to 40-50%), if anyone besides me likes to use one.
I am of the opinion that Soul Mantle is absolutely the best chest piece for this build. However there are some very competitive chest pieces that can probably do all content as well. Like everything in this guide it is individual and you can customize to your preference.

"
I really want to do this build. But I have serious doubts about how to proceed now after the path notes (if I go from dual dagger or dagger + shield +1 totem veiled mod or stat stick even nerfed). I wonder if someone has a final PoB or if thi3n will make one before starting the league....
I won't be doing a PoB for this build but if someone has one I will link it in the guide.

I think the extra totem shield will be overall the best choice for the build but it is individual based on your other pieces of gear.

"
I'm thinking this build but modified for Ice Nova Totems with Bonechill support might be better than GC, still testing though.

Obviously swap out the GC gems and any phys dmg nodes, but maybe viable? Although Occultist looks so good for self-cast variant.

"
This is a Glacial Cascade Totem build guide but I have used other spells with spell totem before. Personally I liked Dark Pact, Freezing Pulse, and Arc the most in terms of mapping playstyle. The new spells can be cast with totems and might be great candidates for spells. If you try them stop by my stream and let me know how it goes... I'm curious!

"
Is this viable without soul mantle?Ifind the curses too intrusive for my taste:(
Someone above says they have had success with Carcass Jack. I cannot vouch for any non-soul-mantle versions of the build because I use it every time I play GC Totems. I would imagine a Shaper Spell Crit Astral Plate with good rolls could be competitive with a Soul Mantle but I just love everything that Soul Mantle gives: Extra Totem, Totem Life (very underrated stat for endgame content), and a pseudo 7-link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info