[3.2] Mace DW Phys Crit Sunder - 800k DPS

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME IN-GAME OR THROUGH THE FORUMS. POST YOUR QUESTIONS DIRECTLY IN THIS THREAD.

This is a Physical Critical Sunder build using a high PDPS crit 1H Mace. It does all content.

With the Vaal Pact nerf, we're now forced to go overleech with Slayer. This means foregoing the Raider ascendancy altogether, which is a significant loss in DPS, but it's still worth it imo.

Why Scion?

Scion is simply the best at this.

Pros & Cons

+ Viable as league starter
+ Sunder is a mechanically sublime skill
+ Simple and effective
+ All content
+ Highest damage cap Sunder build in the game

- Probably not HC viable due to having low block/dodge
- Crit mace is niche and can be hard to buy
- Blood Rage + Vaal Pact is uncomfortable

Path of Building

800kSunder DPS + 300k Warchief DPS - 7k HP (lvl 90)

The items here are good (though definitely not amazing) for the sake of theory-crafting. In reality you only need about 400k DPS to be able to do all the content in this game.

3.0 Videos (lvl 90)

Spoiler
Chimera

Hydra

Minotaur

Phoenix

Shaper

The Shaper fight would've been a lot smoother had I not fucked up and put a vortex right in the middle of the zone.

Skill Tree

www.poeurl.com/bHCG

At higher levels, just focus on getting more jewel slots.

Ascendancy

Shadow Ascendancy (Assasin) -> Path of the Shadow -> Slayer Ascendancy (Duelist)

Pantheon

Soul of Lunaris + Soul of Gruk'thul

Bandit

Alira

Current Gear (Harbinger)

Gear Explanations

Spoiler

Helm
Starkonja's Head is the best crit helm. We can use Rat's Nest instead, but we're losing too much life. Try to get a Sunder damage or attack speed enchant on here.

Body
Belly of the Beast is the best choice. If you can't get one, use any rare body armour with high life.

Main-hand Weapon
A high PDPS 1-handed rare mace. Get crit multi and attack speed if you can afford it. Get crit chance as well if you're really splurging. Callinellus Malleus is a decent budget unique for starting out.

Off-hand Weapon
Our stat stick, since Sunder doesn't use off-hand weapons. Use a The Tempestuous Steel or a 3 Green The Prismatic Eclipse.

Boots
Kaom's Roots is the best choice. It gives us immunity to Temporal Chains, Freeze, Chill, and a tonne of health. Good enchants are crit if you haven't recently, attack speed if you've killed recently. A +1 Frenzy Charge corruption is also good.

Belt
Belt of the Deceiver is a great unique that helps us with dire hits. If you lack res, get a high life belt here to replace it.

Gloves
A pair of Spiked Gloves is the best option.

Accessories
All rares. Get life > missing resists > crit multi > added phys > accuracy >
attack speed.

Jewels
You need at least 1 jewel with mana leech to sustain your attacks. Otherwise get life%, crit multi, physical damage, and attack speed (with Maces/Dual Wielding/1H).

Gem Links

Spoiler
Sunder -> Melee Physical Damage -> Concentrated Effect -> Multistrike -> Ruthless -> Maim (can sub in Inc. Crit Strikes for higher consistency)

Ancestral Warchief -> Melee Physical Damage -> Concentrated Effect -> Ruthless

Hatred - Arctic Armour

Vaal Grace - Increased Duration - Blood Rage

Summon Ice Golem

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Reduced Mana

Leveling

Spoiler
Get Cleave -> Sunder. Rush to Resolute Technique. Unspec from it at the end game when you get access to the Shadow area through Uber Lab.

My other builds

Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Mar 10, 2018, 6:39:54 AM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2018, 7:39:20 PM
Added leveling section.
Updated gear.
Nice and handsome guide.Thanks for the work! Will try this out..
Im surprised and kinda sad you have no feedback here.
Scion in general is not a very popular class (as indicated by the abysmal number of threads in this forum). I myself was surprised by how good this build turned out.
there is no way to use abyssus + lightning coil with your build ?
You can try, but this build doesn't have any layered defences (armour/evasion) so taking more damage isn't that great an idea. It does enough damage as is, and generally should focus on more survivability.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Sep 2, 2017, 9:21:45 PM
Hey, thanks for the guide! It seems very interesting, but isn't the overall crit chance kinda low for a crit build?
I find the crit chance fine for my needs, but if you prefer you can always run Inc. Crit Strikes.
Updated some gem links. The build is now made to be tankier to be able to do end-game content reliably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info