Orb of Annulment stories

Just for kicks I experimented with these orbs. I really did not expect that this would be possible but it really is:

I had a rare corsair sword with a merciless mod and a couple other bad mods. I annuled it down to a rare with merciless only.

Then I multimodded it for flat phys, attack speed, and weapon range (didn't care about crit), and slammed it once. Got some lightning roll iirc... idk, something not useful.

So I tried to annul it again, hoping to either wipe that useless prefix or the multimod (so i could possibly slam a suffix in its place), figured if it hit any of the other crafted ones i could re-craft them. Wiped off the crafted attack speed. Tried again immediately, it wiped off the multimod... then realized i should have re-crafted the attack speed first, cuz now i don't have crafted attack speed and i don't have multimod anymore to enable me to add it. So... i bricked it because of poor planning. Used bench to remove crafted mods to wipe the remaining two, then tried to annul again in the hopes of removing the useless prefix:

So it went back to square one (or two, i guess?). I haven't got back around to crafting it again and it's been sitting in my shop tab since.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 3, 2017, 6:58:52 PM
It's an alternative to scour or eternal in serious crafting, reducing expensive currency use.

For others just a chance to get rid of trashy mods on good items.

My weirdness^

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I see absolutely no use for this orb. None at all.

It's a fucking troll item.

Boots. 6 prop. Removes Move Speed. GFY game.
"
Viperface wrote:
Just for kicks I experimented with these orbs. I really did not expect that this would be possible but it really is:

Haha funny one
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I see absolutely no use for this orb. None at all.

Agreed. As with talismans a great idea is just flat out killed on the spot by horrible implementation.

In D3 you can choose what you change, though with some very steep limits.

PoE should offer the same. Talisman's used on rares should let you select what you replace, or it should add without otherwise changing the item. F*ck the whiny ass market.

Annulments should do the same. You select the line item to delete.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I LOVE

Got 64 left but when my pile topped I had more than 300 xD (bought them - they were practically for free to begin with).

I had a lot of fun with Annulment orbs in Harbinger this league. I crafted quivers similar to the one above and sold them each for 500+ chaos x) (kept the one I linked and crafted 3 others. Slammed life on the one I linked so I bought it for 10c. Removed the correct suffix and got lucky with the slam. Also at the time I slammed exalts left and right since they for some reason had dropped to around 30c).

Belt had another a bad prefix so annulment gave room for WED enchantment ^.^

Besides that in the first 10 days of the league people didn't really take annulment orbs into account when pricing items. I could buy a lot of items that were okay'ish but potentially great. For instance gloves with high life and 2 good suffixes but no room for attack speed enchant. Crafted a lot of those. Sold most and made a good profit (kept the ones I linked above and slammed the flat phys).

Also had some terrible results where I destroyed weapons with the merciless roll.

All in all it was the best thing from the entire league :D
Last edited by Frankenberry on Nov 21, 2017, 3:13:04 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Is it possible to use master craft to lock all the good prefixes and remove the single bad affix?

I still want an answer. Anyone? Thanks.

It *can* remove the single bad suffix and securely keep all prefixes (or vice versa with good suffixes and bad prefixes) with the master mods, but it *could* also remove the 'prefixes can't be changed' instead, forcing you to burn another ex on it.

I mean, you'd be better off just using a scouring to wipe all suffixes to get rid of it for sure in one go (along with the 'prefixes can't be changed'). Unless you've got something like good prefixes and one good suffix and one bad suffix, and you wanted to hedge your bets on getting the one bad suffix out... in that case you could master mod to keep the prefixes safe and have a 50/50 shot at getting rid of the bad suffix without harming the good one.

(well, 33/33/33 of getting the bad suffix, but if you hit the 'prefixes can't be changed' you'd presumably replace it and try again, so long run it's 50/50 to get the bad suffix before you hit the good one)
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 21, 2017, 5:34:03 PM
"
Viperface wrote:

Haha, i did that too. I'm really happy with how it turned out, mostly cuz i like the name. Makes me imagine having a little pet Morbo the Annihilator.

Last edited by Shppy on Nov 21, 2017, 5:36:35 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
I had a rare corsair sword with a merciless mod and a couple other bad mods. I annuled it down to a rare with merciless only.

Then I multimodded it for flat phys, attack speed, and weapon range (didn't care about crit), and slammed it once. Got some lightning roll iirc... idk, something not useful.

So I tried to annul it again, hoping to either wipe that useless prefix or the multimod (so i could possibly slam a suffix in its place), figured if it hit any of the other crafted ones i could re-craft them. Wiped off the crafted attack speed. Tried again immediately, it wiped off the multimod... then realized i should have re-crafted the attack speed first, cuz now i don't have crafted attack speed and i don't have multimod anymore to enable me to add it. So... i bricked it because of poor planning. Used bench to remove crafted mods to wipe the remaining two, then tried to annul again in the hopes of removing the useless prefix:

So it went back to square one (or two, i guess?). I haven't got back around to crafting it again and it's been sitting in my shop tab since.

Heh, got around to crafting it, and the annuls made it interesting again:

Multimodded it up again, fail-slammed it for the fire damage, then tried to annul it. Caught the range with the first annul and re-added it (i did it right this time!). Then the second wiped the multimod affix off, so i slammed the strength in its place.

Fun stuff, to get a weapon with 3 crafted mods with no elreon affix.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 3, 2017, 6:59:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info