[3.0] Dyadus Dual-wield RF Juggernaut (Guardians down on HHC)

This is your run of the mill RF build with a twist. It utilizes the "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage" modifier from Dyadus for a significant damage boost. This makes the build a great bossfarmer due to the tankiness we get from being a juggernaut + the solid damage. In addition to that, Dyadus is a 1c weapon, so you don't have to worry about spending chaos on an RotF or a good sceptre.

I've made it to 94 on HHC, having killed every Guardian and being able to farm uberlab and t15 maps safely, even with several dmg/hp mods. Sadly shaper and uber atziri would require some gear swaps since they're chill immune.

Videos

Minotaur Boss kill - https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicAffluentCheetahSwiftRage
Let me know if you have any request for further videos.

Build concept and mechanics

Dyadus has a unique mechanic that gives me a significant damage increase, as long as the enemy is chilled. Because I'm using Dyadus in the off-hand slot, I can chill reliably using Cyclone. But since the main-hand dyadus deals fire damage, we use brutality so that cyclone doesn't trigger EE. I then use the following blade vortex setup to reliably and comfortably trigger EE.

I don't use any shield to mitigate the damage taken from RF, so I have to compensate by stacking a lot of life regen from the tree and my gear.

Mapping

This build can run probably run the same map mods as most RF builds.

The following mods are impossible/hard to run:

Minus max resist - Not recommended in red maps, probably ok in yellow maps with the right gear.

No regen - Impossible.

Less regen - 40% less regen is doable with sufficient gear, 60% is doable with great gear, but you will rely heavily on your charges and flasks, so it's not recommended.

Vulnerability - Easily doable with the right gear.

90% chance to avoid ailments - This really hurts our damage output, for these maps I replace the mainhand dyadus with a regular RF sceptre, so our damage relies less on chilling.

Offensive and Defensive stats

Offensive stats
Using conc effect, with frenzy charges + endurance charges against a chilled and EE'd target PoB gives me 533000 dps. If we factor in elemental overload + elemental weakness from my gloves, the DPS is over 800k.

Defensive stats
With auras on - no flasks or charges.
Spoiler

With endurances charges and fortify we become quite tanky (these are up all the time).

Links

Cyclone links
Cyclone - Fortify - Life gain on Hit - Brutality

Righteous fire links (In Horror crafted helmet)
Righteous fire - Burning Damage - Elemental Focus - Increased Area of Effect (Swap with conc for tanky bosses)

EE setup
Blade vortex (low level) - Cast when damage taken - Added cold damage - Blade vortex (high lvl)

Auras
Purity of fire in a +3 unset ring
Temporal Chains - Blasphemy - Summon stone golem

Currently I have abandoned the temp chains blasphemy setup, since I managed to craft a pair of Ele Weakness on hit gloves (and I can only use 1 curse). Because of that I run a lvl 20 purity of lightning/purity of cold depending on the map.

Utility links
Frenzy - Enduring Cry - Concentrated effect/increased aoe used for swapping for tanky bosses

Ascendancy and bandit choice

The possible ascendancies for this build are: Juggernaut, Chieftain and Berserker. I have now done this build with both Juggernaut and Chieftain, and so far I prefer Juggernaut for the survivability + the quality of life granted by Unstoppable, which is truly great for chilled ground and temp chains maps. Berserker is probably also an option, but you lose a lot of survivability for just a slight dps increase. The reason for the damage difference being small, is that Juggernaut gets a sizable amount of damage from ascendancy nodes.

For bandits I Helped Oak, Kill all and Help Kraitin are also viable I suppose.

Gear

Jewels
Check the tree in my profile

On jewels the most important mods are Life and burning damage, after that you can try to fill your resist and int/dex needs or get even more damage.

Flasks

Having a nice quicksilver is crucial for clearing fast, alternatively one could use a weapon swap with shieldcharge and only use double dyadus for bosses.

Feel free to ask any questions about the build or mechanics here on the forums or in-game, I'd love to hear the community's input and how to improve my set up.
Last bumped on Jan 31, 2018, 12:11:14 PM
waow nice build ! my whole guild decided to use this setup
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
Glorious build with all the memevalue one can imagine in dark times like these.
"
Alurr wrote:
Sadly shaper and uber atziri would require some gear swaps since they're chill immune.

Are you sure about that? They removed ailment immunities in 3.0, they're only freeze immune. Wiki and PoeDB say the same.
The only advantage of having a Dyadus in main hand is for the increased burning damage. The added fire damage is a negative and the rest is basically irrelevant. Why not stick to the typical RF weapons like Doryani's or Doon for main hand?
"
Parja1 wrote:
The only advantage of having a Dyadus in main hand is for the increased burning damage. The added fire damage is a negative and the rest is basically irrelevant. Why not stick to the typical RF weapons like Doryani's or Doon for main hand?

It isn't increased burning damage, it is increased burning damage taken, which is a multiplier to your damage.
"
iberion_ wrote:
It isn't increased burning damage, it is increased burning damage taken, which is a multiplier to your damage.

Ahh yes, thanks for the clarification!
"
Parja1 wrote:
"
iberion_ wrote:

I still don't get it. The interesting part is "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage", right? Since you use blade vortex with added cold damage to chill, couldn't you just use Dyadus in the main hand and Rise of the Phoenix in the off-hand ? Best of both worlds. But since I'm a noob, I imagine I'm missing something. So, why do you choose to dual-wield dyadus ?

EDIT: This is a legitimate question because I would like to do a RF build. Playing SSF, I have found one Dyadus (which led me to this guide, which is RF so it's awesome ^^) and dropped a Rise of the Phoenix in my last map, so I'm really thinking of trying RF now, and am looking at builds. I did not mean in any way to be bashing on OP, quite the contrary.
Last edited by guiniol on Oct 11, 2017, 5:53:41 PM
"
guiniol wrote:
"
Parja1 wrote:
"
iberion_ wrote:

I still don't get it. The interesting part is "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage", right? Since you use blade vortex with added cold damage to chill, couldn't you just use Dyadus in the main hand and Rise of the Phoenix in the off-hand ? Best of both worlds. But since I'm a noob, I imagine I'm missing something. So, why do you choose to dual-wield dyadus ?

EDIT: This is a legitimate question because I would like to do a RF build. Playing SSF, I have found one Dyadus (which led me to this guide, which is RF so it's awesome ^^) and dropped a Rise of the Phoenix in my last map, so I'm really thinking of trying RF now, and am looking at builds. I did not mean in any way to be bashing on OP, quite the contrary.

Okay so there's some interesting mechanical stuff happening here.
Offhand Dyadus always chills regardless of the type of damage you deal. This is what is used for the reliable chill via Cyclone, but Cyclone is linked with Brutality to prevent fire Dyadus from screwing up Elemental Equilibrium.
Blade Vortex with added cold damage is only used to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and its damage is way too low to inflict even the threshold 1% chill on bigger targets (at 0.33% of a target's life in one hit).
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
kolton wrote:
Okay so there's some interesting mechanical stuff happening here.
Offhand Dyadus always chills regardless of the type of damage you deal. This is what is used for the reliable chill via Cyclone, but Cyclone is linked with Brutality to prevent fire Dyadus from screwing up Elemental Equilibrium.
Blade Vortex with added cold damage is only used to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and its damage is way too low to inflict even the threshold 1% chill on bigger targets (at 0.33% of a target's life in one hit).

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Re-reading the thread, the "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage" is applied twice because you have 2 dyadus, hence the dual wield, right?

BTW, from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929712, it really does seem that bosses are not chill immune anymore, so the build should be good for all the endgame content!

EDIT: Tried a PoB combining this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1877277 and the dual dyadus. The dual dyadus loses about 1/3 of the life regen but deals way more damage (PoB link: https://pastebin.com/9s5L2DkB). And the build uses a bisco and 2 ventors for finding more items! (And, I know, not all the skills are set properly, but I just wanted to see the damage from the main RF, and PoB doesn't care if you tell it that enemies are chilled when you have no way of chilling them ^^)
Last edited by guiniol on Oct 12, 2017, 1:48:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info