Unofficial Offline Skilltree Calc (Delete the Data folder to update. Stop posting "update please" )

I am having an issue trying to run the 1.2 skill tree.
After some random amount of time, it crashes with this showing up in the Debug.txt

Spoiler
The error time: 08/15/2014 16:17
Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget)
The error time: 08/15/2014 16:25

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Geforce GTX 670
RAM: 8GB DDR3
I'd say update your graphics driver or check if your ram is broken.
That crash should never occur.

Are you using some exotic desktop capture software or system hooks?

This is a crash deep inside the .net framework.
Do you see memory usage spikes in the taskmanager when it crashes?
"
Headhorr wrote:
I'd say update your graphics driver or check if your ram is broken.
That crash should never occur.

Are you using some exotic desktop capture software or system hooks?

This is a crash deep inside the .net framework.
Do you see memory usage spikes in the taskmanager when it crashes?

I will attempt to try and update my graphics driver later. All 8GB of my ram is registering, but not sure if I may have other issues with RAM.

My only attempt at a desktop capture was Shadowplay, and haven't used it since it didn't work too well. Unsure of System Hooks (if any)

Running it and upon crashing, there is no memory usage spike.
QoL update
* Able to hide the big white sidebar xD
MTX Finder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
Buy me a coffee here :P https://www.paypal.me/EmmittJ
In possible, please make the stats summary section resizable. I often use this app on half of my screen with a browser open on the other half, and the stats summary takes up nearly half of my view on a widescreen monitor.

Great program! Thanks for making this!
"
In possible, please make the stats summary section resizable. I often use this app on half of my screen with a browser open on the other half, and the stats summary takes up nearly half of my view on a widescreen monitor.

Check the post right before yours lol
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
I have a feeling this may have already been suggested, and I'm not a programmer I have no idea if this is feasible, or worth your efforts at all so really anyone doing updates on this feel free to ignore.

I've always wanted the ability to click on... let's use for example "202% Increased Maximum Life" in the sidebar, and then just like the search function it would highly all the icons in the tree that are having an effect on that number. So it would highly all icons that I have appointed in the tree, that are adding up to the 202% life number.

Whether this is a good idea or not, I still love this app and it's probably the 2nd most used app on my gaming PC, other than PoE itself :) So thanks to the different people who have updated it and the creator!
"
"

That's not the guy from the OP. I'm not just going to download apps from anyyone that posts a link. If the project is abandoned by the OP and someone else started their own branch that's another matter.
"
"
"

That's not the guy from the OP. I'm not just going to download apps from anyyone that posts a link. If the project is abandoned by the OP and someone else started their own branch that's another matter.

No idea if it's abandoned, but have made another master here working on some bugs with 1.2 skilltrees
I's say its not like abandoned, but more like "currently not under development" - just by the fact that within its functionality, there's no (real) updating neccessary.

"
No idea if it's abandoned, but have made another master here working on some bugs with 1.2 skilltrees

Thanks for your effort to make it even better! I assume your version still works with older data sets?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Aug 16, 2014, 4:21:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info