[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Prong007 wrote:
I thought about changing ancestral call against fire penetration for boss fights, but PoB just showing a very small dps increase, why?!

Now take literally 2 minutes, open you skill tree if you have done at least normal lab, open your ascendancy and read carefuly what do they give. I'm very sorry i'm really trying not to be passive aggresive here but if you can't do as much as reading the skill points you take then there's no hope for you.

"
"
szulerecki wrote:

OH i think i get it smartasses, dual wielding insane stat sticks and adding Added Fire to molten strike build, slow clap, posting other build tooltip DPS which is 100% phys to ele conversion.

No one was dual wielding. MS doesn’t support it so it would just swap between the two, not affecting the tooltip I’m pretty sure.

MS has two components: a melee attack and a projectile attack. The tooltip accounts for the melee part. Which you can boost by things like attack speed, melee phys and other damage types that have no effect on the projectiles.

MS tooltip is for noobs. All that matters is what PoB reports with regards to projectile dps (and it’s count). That gives you a good account of your real damage. You can ignore tooltip pretty much outright in this thread unless you know for sure the build you are looking at is done right.

The guy that posted the almost 300k tooltip has a third of the damage you do (maybe less) given how he has scaled the build.

Thought about the same. ALTOUGH i wouldn't blindly follow what give you highest DPS per ball in PoB. Why? Ancestral call, you can literally swap it to anything like Crit Damage support or Lightning Damage and your ball damage goes throguh the roof, the problem is, you actually end up with less balls, meaning less DPS overall, if i read PoB correctly that is.
Last edited by szulerecki on Mar 28, 2018, 2:06:39 AM
"
Prong007 wrote:
I thought about changing ancestral call against fire penetration for boss fights, but PoB just showing a very small dps increase, why?!

Because of the ascendancy. Look at it Inevitable Judgement. That pretty much negates any penetration (or the need for it really). If your crit chance hits about 50%, you'll pump out so many of them that it makes things like fire pen useless. Even non-crits have a hefty 10% penetration tied to them. If you want to scale the build, raw base elemental damage is the best way to go. Things like added lightning for example.

But you never want to drop AC. Not even for boss fights. It generates two additional minions that kick out the same damage you do. So you get 3x the projectile count. That's a whopping 300% MORE multiplier. 300%. That is unprecedented. So while each projectile may deal less damage with AC, you generate 3x the amount. You just have to know how to use it, so its a play thing not a raw dps thing.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Prong007 wrote:

Because of the ascendancy. Look at it Inevitable Judgement. That pretty much negates any penetration (or the need for it really). If your crit chance hits about 50%, you'll pump out so many of them that it makes things like fire pen useless. Even non-crits have a hefty 10% penetration tied to them. If you want to scale the build, raw base elemental damage is the best way to go. Things like added lightning for example.

But you never want to drop AC. Not even for boss fights. It generates two additional minions that kick out the same damage you do. So you get 3x the projectile count. That's a whopping 300% MORE multiplier. 300%. That is unprecedented. So while each projectile may deal less damage with AC, you generate 3x the amount. You just have to know how to use it, so its a play thing not a raw dps thing.

AC attacks 2 additional targets, so its 100% more(minus the penalty maths stuff...)
VS 1 target, u only get 1 additional attack.
This is not 100% probably, as the areas don't fully overlap with ac
i really love the build i'm trying one and works very well with me but i don't understand how dps calculated ? how it can reach 33 million can u explain pls
"
"
Raazen wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
So question, are you folks mostly going with 3r3b setup over 4r2b? I don't have a 6L yet, but wondering if i should switch up which gems im leveling.

4R2B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neUwFq4Tps0

+1. 4R2B give you about 20% MORE damage, straight up. No trade-off.

Please could you elaborate why 4R 2B is such a clear winner? I have read conflicting opinions on this debate through these 390+ pages and personally I am using 3R 3B - and in POB if I change the gems to 4R 2B I lose a ton of dps
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
"
Daegon wrote:
[

Please could you elaborate why 4R 2B is such a clear winner? I have read conflicting opinions on this debate through these 390+ pages and personally I am using 3R 3B - and in POB if I change the gems to 4R 2B I lose a ton of dps

You arent running AC, so ofc you will lose dps when u equip it.
All u got is sheetdps on ur pob.
Last edited by Raazen on Mar 28, 2018, 7:56:25 AM
sure, the 3r3b setup also runs AC, but not for single target.. I also get more DPS with the 3r3b gems. And the guide also states
"
In theory and with perfect exection this setup is as strong as the 3R3B Setup

That is the reason why i swapped from 4r2b to 3r3b. You NEED the AC spawns in correct position to reach the same potential as 3r3b, otherwise you will loose DPS. That is what i read out of the guide and hundreds of pages in this thread.

Switching from Heralds to Wrath and 4r2b to 3r3b gave me a MUCH HIGHER single target kill potential, and even a slightly higher mapping dps (although, not that satisfying as HoI with shatter and explosions).
Guys, still got some stuff (that used to kill uber elder) to sell for this build if anyone is interested also i can give you some tips (some of you already catch me in game and we talk for a while)
so let me know if i can help you with some advices!

Gear_to_sell

Prices can totally be talked

IGN: Claudio_Kazcka

Cheers!
Last edited by Pitopito on Mar 28, 2018, 8:27:20 AM
"
inferNOH wrote:
sure, the 3r3b setup also runs AC, but not for single target.. I also get more DPS with the 3r3b gems. And the guide also states
"
In theory and with perfect exection this setup is as strong as the 3R3B Setup

That is the reason why i swapped from 4r2b to 3r3b. You NEED the AC spawns in correct position to reach the same potential as 3r3b, otherwise you will loose DPS. That is what i read out of the guide and hundreds of pages in this thread.

Switching from Heralds to Wrath and 4r2b to 3r3b gave me a MUCH HIGHER single target kill potential, and even a slightly higher mapping dps (although, not that satisfying as HoI with shatter and explosions).

Ofc you will deal more dmg without AC if u cant position urself since it becomes a 5L.
3R3B will never outdmg 4R2B if u position urself properly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info