[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Hey guys so I am having trouble with Hall of Heroes where i cant kill 1 mob with what looks like mana shield/drain cyclone. looks like he just drains out my mana and i cant do anything. Any help?
Having a blast with this build; thx OP. Used it for starter for second xbox league and it was great (learned quite a few tweaks in my starter approach, but that was me and not the build...can go even quicker knowing what I know now).

I scored an elder diamond ring (crit chance implicit).

Has OP/anyone tried rolling the level 22 herald of thunder mod w/ attack/crit mods and then replacing the HoT gem with Herald of Ash for additional damage?

Ive spent a few exalt giving this an attempt. So far I think I’m only one of 4 or 5 players on XB1 that has an elder diamond ring according to the trade board. Rolling the Herald of Thunder mod has been super tough. Thinking what I’ll do is roll the mod, clear all other mods that I can, then roll the multiple crafted mods w/ HoT. Just wanted some opinion before I invest too much in this science experiement. =)

PS - My setup is fairly optimized so I dont mind blowing 5-10ex or more to this. Just don’t want to waste my time if Herald of Ash doesnt bring enough dps to overcome the 20% quality loss on the Herald of Thunder mod on the ring.
XB1 gt - xXx G3TZUM xXx
Herald of Ash scales off your physical damage, so it is quite bad for us. I suppose if you were doing the phys conversion version of this build it wouldn't be useless, but it still wouldn't be very good, because even when you use a physical weapon you're still stacking +elemental mods rather than physical scaling mods on all your other items.

Also I don't know how you're going to have enough mana for it. I mean you could drop blasphemy enfeeble, but that's a huge survivability hit, for a tiny damage increase.

If you want to see exactly how much it will (or rather won't) effect your damage, you should import your character into path of building and simply test it.
What should i focus on upgrade next?

Already killed shaper but took me 5 deads
@magicrectangle

If Herald of Thunder is provided via shaper diamond ring (mistake on saying it was elder, meant shaper), does it still reserve mana? I was assuming no, but obviously that kills the idea immediately if the ring mod reserves mana.

Totally get its minimal. The idea is to maximize damage output by adding another aura. The math I’m curious about of course is whether the HoA damage bonus vs the lightning bonus via HoT quality offsets/increases

Also, the HoA has Overkill damage bonus via DoT damage (burning) as well....my understanding is that this damage is based on the difference in damage done on kill shot, not just physical. Sooo...was thinking increased clear speed for groups since this spreads as DoT to adjacent monsters (packs)

Again, this all hinges on whether mana reserved applies to the level 22 herald of thunder mod on the elder diamond ring

Really appreciate the reply/clarification/feedback! Will try to roll the HoT mod to test it myself, but would be great if I can get confirmation to save myself the resources
XB1 gt - xXx G3TZUM xXx
Why wouldn't it reserve mana? It is just like having the skill socketed somewhere. You still have to activate it, and activating it still reserves mana as normal.

As for the overkill damage, that's true, the overkill effect doesn't require physical damage. But it also doesn't really have much synergy with a fast attacking build. We do tons of little hits, which means we don't really do that much overkill damage usually. The overkill damage effect is much more powerful with builds that focus more on large hits.
^^ why are you answering a question with a question? I’m asking b/c I dont friggin know and am new to the game. It was an assumption as I was thinking the ability is innate and passive, but asked to get clarification

Appreciate the overall answer, but damn people ... not everyone has been playing this game forever lol
XB1 gt - xXx G3TZUM xXx
"
xXxG3TZUMxXx wrote:
^^ why are you answering a question with a question?

Because the text doesn't indicate such, so I was wondering where you got the idea from?

Hi!I'm new to POE (1 month) and I must say it is an amazing experience playing this build. I can't believe my item progression and how smooth it is to transform from low budget gear to where I am right now. And it all thanks to you! Cheers OP!
Hi I was super enjoyed by this build during this league, I just started playing POE during Abyss and this build was super easy to gear early and evolve to late game. After few lucky rolls on items I'm cutting shaper, guardians, uber atziri etc. like butter.

Here are some clips I'm glad to share.

shaper - https://youtu.be/rR8-QYs05a0
minotaur - https://youtu.be/b53eiPcublQ
chimera - https://youtu.be/jOtjFCAF2h8
phoenix - https://youtu.be/WxWNxFVahlU
hydra - https://youtu.be/gl41tuubxWs

GL & HF !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info