[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Aureliak wrote:
Hey guys, maybe i miss something, whats with bandits? kill all?

Kill all
How annoying exactly is it to resummon spectres every single time u want to play? I really like the build, but I have never ever played with spectres before and the idea of running random maps for 10 minutes is putting me off a little bit. Keeping up the second map seems really tedious.
Last edited by Revolutia on Aug 28, 2017, 8:51:35 AM
What do you think about using Sidhebreath Paua Amulet istead?
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
Natt wrote:

1: MoM is 40% with Cloak of Defiance. That means when you take any damage, 60% of that damage goes to your lief pool, and 40% goes to your mana pool. EHP actually becomes ES + Life + Life * MIN(Life * 0.4/0.6, Mana). It is a very common mistake to make.

Hey thanks! I wish I understood math enough to make sense of your answer. I can understand that 40% MoM (Cloak of Def) over 30% MoM will raise the EHP under the assumption that you have enough mana to cover it, but I still don't understand how one gets more than 40% more life (thus 2254 more, for a total of 7890 life, + ES of course) to bring the total to 10k+. I don't want to split hairs, I want to understand the principle. Obviously, I do not understand MoM well enough, and reading the Wiki article didn't help sufficiently because my math skills are too poor.

Final additional question: Wouldn't your build, in principle, work with any non-lightning-based elemental spectre (with slightly different support gems), such as a classic flame sentinel?

1: Some practical examples, assuming 40% MoM so that 60% of damage taken goes to your life pool and 40% goes to your mana pool:

- You have 6000 life and 4000 mana. A mob hits you for 5000 damage. 60% of the damage will go to your life pool, so 3000 damage to life. 40% of the damage will go to your mana pool, so 2000 damage to mana. You now have 3000 life and 2000 mana left.

- The same mob hits you again. Again, you take 3000 damage on your life, and 2000 damage on your mana, so you reach exactly 0 life and 0 mana and die.

- All your life and mana was spent before you died. That means your effective life pool must have been 6000 + 4000 = 10000.

2: Yes, the build will work with any spectre if you build around it.
Last edited by Natt on Aug 28, 2017, 8:55:37 AM

Time to try the shield in an actual build. Here's a video of a Tul breach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOg5-UPxX4&feature=youtu.be

The damage the totems do is really high but it's a bit clunky. I think 2 spectre wickermen and two tukohama vanguards is a more solid idea, for overall map clearing. I bet 8 or even 10 totems will be fun for shaper and atziri though
Thanks so much!
Sorry, how can I determine the resistances of my minions and thus whether theirs are capped or not? Thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
And forgive me this ridiculous question, but...

Does the unique belt Dyadian Dawn allow for enemies I hit with an ignite to burn 35% faster, even if my minions are burning them and I do not? In other words, if I can somehow manage to ignite an enemy with an attack, could this be an interesting belt for a variant of this build vs. particularly tough bosses? It actually has otherwise kind of decent stats...
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thanks so much!
Sorry, how can I determine the resistances of my minions and thus whether theirs are capped or not? Thank you

Just add the ress together. Raise spectre gem inc all resist by 30%, passives for minions adds another 16% plus 20% from necro ascednancy equals 66% so u need 9% from jewels or other sources.
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thanks so much!

Base resist values:
http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Wicker+Man
http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Tukohama%27s+Vanguard
Last edited by Natt on Aug 28, 2017, 6:47:30 PM
"
onomastikon wrote:
And forgive me this ridiculous question, but...

Does the unique belt Dyadian Dawn allow for enemies I hit with an ignite to burn 35% faster, even if my minions are burning them and I do not? In other words, if I can somehow manage to ignite an enemy with an attack, could this be an interesting belt for a variant of this build vs. particularly tough bosses? It actually has otherwise kind of decent stats...

The wording is a bit unclear on the belt, but according to some scattered threads on the internet it might only apply to burning applied by an attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info