[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
kakius wrote:
why so many "reduced mana cost of skill" on the passive tree? Something behind it?

No, they are just a side effect of picking up other nodes

"
onomastikon wrote:
Thanks for the great ideas!
Three last questions? ;)
1. how do you calculate 10k+ EHP with MoM? You have 5636 life, plus 30%, plus 592 ES?
2. Doesn't the Scourge require you to be hitting monsters quite a bit to be useful? I thought this was a ranged ability of a ranged ability on a ranged ability build... ;) Would another 1h also be acceptable?
3. Since your minions can't leech (they regenerate), do you sometimes have problems keeping them alive?
Curious as to damage output of the critters in PoB when they get added...

1: MoM is 40% with Cloak of Defiance. That means when you take any damage, 60% of that damage goes to your lief pool, and 40% goes to your mana pool. EHP actually becomes ES + Life + Life * MIN(Life * 0.4/0.6, Mana). It is a very common mistake to make.

2: The bonus from the Scourge applies from any hit, not just attacks. So it is up as long as your Ball Lightning hit something in the last 4 sec. There are a few options to the Scourge based on your preference, though.

3: There are two scenarios where I have noticed my Spectres might die: The first one is from the uber Trio, if the bleed guy is left to last and gets to spend too long with your minions. The other one is if Uber Atziri hits them with multiple empowered spells in a row. It is always the Vanguards that die, not the Wicker men. Wicker men have crazy HP.
Do this build in SSF HC now, really solid survivability and damage.
Still do it without spectre boots, but its no problem before t11 i hope.
So, why not use Chance to ignire support before efficacy? Its give less dmg for totems. but work with both our spectres? And if need some more dmg when leveling - frenzy charges from Victario shield very good (12% MS / 45% cast for totems / 12 more dmg).
So thinks for great work, will try do 100 with it)
Last edited by Exelice on Aug 27, 2017, 6:23:57 PM
So, why use efficacy but no chance to ignite support ? Its give less dmg for totems, but work with both our spectres? And if need some more dmg when leveling - frenzy charges from Victario shield very good (15% MS / 45% cast for totems / 12 more dmg).
Did not expect to see a burn spectre build! Very impressive, feels like the old Burning Miscreations snapshotting :P
"
Exelice wrote:
So, why use efficacy but no chance to ignite support ? Its give less dmg for totems, but work with both our spectres? And if need some more dmg when leveling - frenzy charges from Victario shield very good (15% MS / 45% cast for totems / 12 more dmg).

Efficay does damage over time and spell damage so 54% in total at lvl 20 and 20 quality.
Chance to ignite only does 39% fire damage.

If you don't want 30% block on the shield victorios is ok I think.
Last edited by Garfin on Aug 27, 2017, 7:04:19 PM
I still didnt drop block claw, so use Sai with essence craft for cap block with Victario.
About efficacy - ye, its good for totem dmg, but nothing for RF one.
Can't seem to find Tukohama Vanguard anyone have a screen shot of what they look like?
Screen in title, they looks like simple karui warriors. They can be found in Coast/Mud Flats/The Karui Fortress (act 6)
"
Natt wrote:

1: MoM is 40% with Cloak of Defiance. That means when you take any damage, 60% of that damage goes to your lief pool, and 40% goes to your mana pool. EHP actually becomes ES + Life + Life * MIN(Life * 0.4/0.6, Mana). It is a very common mistake to make.

Hey thanks! I wish I understood math enough to make sense of your answer. I can understand that 40% MoM (Cloak of Def) over 30% MoM will raise the EHP under the assumption that you have enough mana to cover it, but I still don't understand how one gets more than 40% more life (thus 2254 more, for a total of 7890 life, + ES of course) to bring the total to 10k+. I don't want to split hairs, I want to understand the principle. Obviously, I do not understand MoM well enough, and reading the Wiki article didn't help sufficiently because my math skills are too poor.

Final additional question: Wouldn't your build, in principle, work with any non-lightning-based elemental spectre (with slightly different support gems), such as a classic flame sentinel?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Hey guys, maybe i miss something, whats with bandits? kill all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info