[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Hello. Want to thank you for this awsome build and well written guide. This is by far the strongest build I ever played. On ssfhhc I was able to kill all 4 guardians, countles atziri kills. Sadly I ripped to Shaper 2 days ago, was my fault. I really hope they won't nerf spectrs or bone offering. Not only this is the strongest and safest build I ever played this is also my favourit buid from now on. TY again and SS m8!
Playing this on mayhem, going well so far and just managed to get my 6 link.

For animate guardian is it worth giving him a kaoms heart or a belly?

Not sure if he scales better from flat hp or %.

Would like to make sure he never dies if thats possible.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 26, 2017, 8:04:59 AM
Here is my Shaper kill on 5 link Vis Mortis, no quality on gems either. Not my first Shaper kill with this build, unlucky with drops, always gloves :(
1 death due bad positioning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun_D4PtS7M

Just tried switching over to spectres at lev 51 when I reached The Coast. Grabbed some of those Tukohama's Vanguards spectres, but they are just getting wrecked by regular mobs. They die very fast. Did I switch too early? Am I perhaps missing some critical passive or anything?

You need to make sure that you grab all the +max minion life and +minion regen node on tree. Ascendancy point is not necessary at all with the new Desecrate. Life and regen and resistance (somewhat) are key for minion survival. Convocation them out of clearly dangerous thing like DoT attacks. Maintaining Bone Offering at all times is helpful too, though I think it's not so necessary. Even my zombie meatshields are fairly tanky and do not need constantly re-raising.

I switched to spectre at lv31 (minimum for the support gems) after I'd completed Siosa mission so that I can grab full 6L gem, putting in a tabula, the boots and Queen Decree (softcore, duh). I asked for some nice guys on global to get 2 TV and 1 Wicker Man and 1 Solar Guard too just for some beam cannon. And there I melt all content.

Sure some spectres may die without full ascendancy support, considering the chaotic Mayhem is, but you can just re-raise them at the same zone with new Desecrate game. Such QoL.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Nov 26, 2017, 10:06:54 PM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Playing this on mayhem, going well so far and just managed to get my 6 link.

For animate guardian is it worth giving him a kaoms heart or a belly?

Not sure if he scales better from flat hp or %.

Would like to make sure he never dies if thats possible.

If you can afford to lose the gears, you can try. They're quite cheap in Standard anyway and unlinked belly is not that expensive even in temp league. Personally, I think AG life scales most from his gem level's base life, the gears are not really important but you can try min-max him. I never afforded enough investment in AG to keep him alive but from the discussion in this thread, you need empower gem and active positioning to keep him never die.

Just some math: at gem level 20, with 8131 base life, so Kaom will yield ~6% more life, at gem lv24 (with lv3 empower and +2 minion helm), with 11929 base life, it's just ~4% more. On the other hand, with Natt's tree, you got 124% increased max minion life (224% for spectre), so a max Belly will yield ~32% more life to the AG, less if you give him Southbound for another 16% increase.

So at gem lv24, you got 29829.6 life with Kaom and 33401.2 life with Belly with the current passive tree assuming both use Southbound and no other life buff gear.

Hi all, I am a bit disheartened. I believe I'm a noob..I've tried multiple build but they all felt too squishy. So now I see this build and in most videos, life barely moves. So I decided to try it. I've reached a wall at 69 and trying to do merciless lab. Izaro pretty much one shots me. Now I know my resistance is low...but is that the only reason? what am I missing? I would appreciate the help!
"
olcrow wrote:
Hi all, I am a bit disheartened. I believe I'm a noob..I've tried multiple build but they all felt too squishy. So now I see this build and in most videos, life barely moves. So I decided to try it. I've reached a wall at 69 and trying to do merciless lab. Izaro pretty much one shots me. Now I know my resistance is low...but is that the only reason? what am I missing? I would appreciate the help!
Your Desecrate gem is only level 15, which means your spectre level is capped at level 63. Taking a level 63 spectre into ... well, anywhere, is going to be bad.

Are you keeping your Bone Offering active at all times?

You gear needs upgrades ... basically everywhere. From the OP: "The best stats to get on your gear are life, mana, resists, +spectres, minion damage, and a bit of dexterity." None of your gear is even crafted - use those crafting benches! Some of your flasks are single affixes even.

Izaro deals mostly physical damage, so you need armour mitigation for when you get hit, and block to stop you from getting hit. Bone Offering will keep your block up where you want it, but for armour, I'd suggest a different chest or gloves or belt - or possibly all 3. Or a couple flasks. A granite flask plus a Basalt with the Iron Skin affix will boost your armour high enough you should survive any single hit.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
olcrow wrote:

Don't get oneshot. Not a meme. It's the truth. Uber Izaro and Argus can one shot my lv75 Slayer with Starforge if I'm not careful so this build can and will be oneshotted if you get careless. Cap res, get more life, raise gem levels, get higher spectre levels are general tips which must be always stressed.

Specific tip about your case:

- Izaro actually does fire damage with his Goddess mortar (technically, his Goddess does) so cap your fire res at least or avoid them (green color); avoid his physical attacks, especially the slams; if you're new, watch a few youtube videos to get used to his attack patterns (note that he only does slams with 2handed mace and only slashes with dual swords)

- Remember you don't need to be near him to get your spectres to attack him, but if you attack/cast a spell away from him your spectres will lose their focus on him so try to always cast offering/desecrate/ball lighting at directly where he is;

- Keep your bone offering up at all times, of course;

- Your desecrate gem and raise spectre are too low level; higher level means more damage, though I think lv60 is enough to destroy Merc Izaro. You can buy lv19/20 ones and get your spectres as high as possible, remember that when you enter a high level map with "sample" spectres already raised, you can desecrate again and again to look for your spectres. A very good tip by someone in this thread is to ask for left-over Oba's Trove portals, the last room is lv83, I think I saw a few free ones on Global 820 in Mayhem;

Last edited by wiwigvn on Nov 27, 2017, 1:10:25 AM
"
Natt wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Recorder a Chayula's Domain run. For science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlJFuyKUWo4&feature=youtu.be

Will probably also record HoGM later, since it seems to be THE problem for summoner builds.

Excellent, you made it look easy even without an AG for the 200% more multiplier vs the boss. I'll take the liberty of adding your video to the main post for the time being.

As for various rumors about incoming nerfs, nothing has been confirmed yet to my knowledge. Some kind of balancing action might be in the cards though.

Just noticed that the link in the OP post says Cloak, please fix that to VM! :)

P.S. Ended up not being able to play in Mayhem after the first day. Hopefully you fellas are having a blast. ;_;
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Nov 27, 2017, 2:19:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info