[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
lostcoaster wrote:
Used up all my T16 and shaper sets so now I am back to T15. I grabbed 4x T17 solar guards for map clearing. They are amazing.

There is zero change in gears and tree. To use solar guard, we just switch swift affliction to GMP, burning damage to fire pen, and minion resist to spell echo, no recolor is needed. And they just wipes everything in T15 easily. But just note that solar guards are reflect proof.

They definitely clears much faster than n x Wickerman. But I would recommend to keep at least 1 Wickerman, in order to trigger summoning wolves from Scourge (only burning damage kills from minions count as "you kill").

When I need to go back to T16 and shaper I just bring back WM + TV, it is just as easy as changing shoes.

I wish SG can down bosses faster. I'm spoiled by TV's boss dps
Hello, having a good time with the build but am a little confused on the logistics of summoning my spectres. I have just reached the 'Ravaged Square' and now have the chance to summon some level 64 'Wicker Men'.

So first I go to the coast and get a level 45 "Tukohama's Vanguard". Next I go to 'Ravaged Square', cast desecrate until I get another 'Vanguard', which I summon. Now I have two Vanguard's which I presume one is level 45 and the other is 64.

So my question is, how do I do about getting just one Vanguard and three 'Wicker Man' where all of them are level 64?
"
Skua99 wrote:
Hello, having a good time with the build but am a little confused on the logistics of summoning my spectres. I have just reached the 'Ravaged Square' and now have the chance to summon some level 64 'Wicker Men'.

So first I go to the coast and get a level 45 "Tukohama's Vanguard". Next I go to 'Ravaged Square', cast desecrate until I get another 'Vanguard', which I summon. Now I have two Vanguard's which I presume one is level 45 and the other is 64.

So my question is, how do I do about getting just one Vanguard and three 'Wicker Man' where all of them are level 64?
Easy... spectres are first in, first out. So you bring in one TV45. Then desecrate another, so you have 1xTV45 and 1xTV64. Now continue desecrating until you raise 3 Wickermen. The 3rd Wicker will push out the first TV, leaving you with 1xTV64 and 3xWM64.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Skua99 wrote:

Easy. Get your lv45 Vanguard to the Square. Suicide bombing him to any mob. He'll die very surely. You can remove gems to make sure he dies faster. Now you have 2 free slots, feel free to desecrate and raise 2 more Wickerman or whatever you like.

Remember this trick when you lose 1 (or 2) spectre only :P

Like I lost 1 of my T17 to uber traps. In the meantime while waiting for Shaper's portal, I got a lv64 Wicker Man, ran a T15 map, suicided bombing Wicker Man to random mobs, raised T15 WM. Do note that this trick also works for Shaper's too since it generally takes 10 min to get all 4 desired corpses with so many different corpses there, as long as you can find some white mob to kill off your undesired low level spectre in Shaper's.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 23, 2017, 4:25:29 AM
Would like to thank you as this is the best build I have ever done...

Everything went smooth, could done all the content of this game, most of the time deahtless.
Shaper is melting so fast it's amazing.

As I am lazy I always use 2 TVs + 2WMs. Fast clearing maps and bosses.

I dropped flesh offering as damage is now insane enough for a Vaal grace.

This build is also very budget friendly (until you want to push the limits to the edge, jewels prices have gown crazy)

Next step is more levels for more HP and see if using a belly on the Animated Guardian wouldn't be preferable as he is very close to die each time I do shaper (my AG is lvl 26), whitout losing too much dps.

If GGG could fix the Lab problem with specters, it would be GREAT and this build will be my main next character league (if no nerf aka "buff").

Also grimjack68 wants to use 3 curses .. but how can you set: curse on hit + whatever spell + 3 curses in a 4 links ? Or you have to cast the last curse manually ?
Last edited by pticouic on Oct 23, 2017, 5:57:02 AM
"
pticouic wrote:
Would like to thank you as this is the best build I have ever done...

Everything went smooth, could done all the content of this game, most of the time deahtless.
Shaper is melting so fast it's amazing.

As I am lazy I always use 2 TVs + 2WMs. Fast clearing maps and bosses.

I dropped flesh offering as damage is now insane enough for a Vaal grace.

This build is also very budget friendly (until you want to push the limits to the edge, jewels prices have gown crazy)

Next step is more levels for more HP and see if using a belly on the Animated Guardian wouldn't be preferable as he is very close to die each time I do shaper (my AG is lvl 26), whitout losing too much dps.

If GGG could fix the Lab problem with specters, it would be GREAT and this build will be my main next character league (if no nerf aka "buff").

Also grimjack68 wants to use 3 curses .. but how can you set: curse on hit + whatever spell + 3 curses in a 4 links ? Or you have to cast the last curse manually ?

Corrupted gear with [insert] curse on hit is always an [expensive] option ;) Remember that it includes all hits, including your Ball Lighting with 2 curses.

For AG, if you can afford to lose it, do it. From discussion here, it seems you need good maneuver (convocation, dismiss him in danger, etc.) to make him survive Shaper.

btw, I use flesh offering for my own char movement/attack speed, and I think it's the case for other guys here. It's not primarily for your minions, though it's nice to boost their (totem) cast speed.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 23, 2017, 6:21:35 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:

btw, I use flesh offering for my own char movement/attack speed, and I think it's the case for other guys here. It's not primarily for your minions, though it's nice to boost their (totem) cast speed.
I run haste in
for the same effect. Although the flesh offering also speeds up the totem turn time, which is nice.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Tbh i've found if Im playing with friends or ppl who understand its not all about going sonic fast, for myself i've found flame dash with quality on it to be all I need. Anything beyond that feels like a luxury...

Im looking at the builds that fit in that esscene crafted gloves to go light years speed XD
Fun build. First time playing a summoner that isn't SRS. Just a few questions for anyone who knows:

1. Is there a noticible difference with Tukohama's Fortress against shaper? (As opposed to say, going full block with rathpith globe).

2. Those of you using TF, mind sharing your tree?

3. I took OP's Vis Mortis tree and dropped the block nodes and some mana nodes to get Necro Aegis. Is that an okay route?

4. I have considerably less life (but some ES) and seemingly no mitigation other than flasks and bone offering. How do you compensate for this?

5. Basically, if I'm going to farm shaper, what, in your experience is the best gear/tree/spectres to use?

Going max block with Advancing Fortress in lieu of The Scourge I can kill all 4 guardians deathless with relative ease (3x TV, 1x WM). I'm wondering if I should sell the scourge and Tukohama's Fortress and keep using the block variant.
"
Psyonix wrote:
Fun build. First time playing a summoner that isn't SRS. Just a few questions for anyone who knows:

1. Is there a noticible difference with Tukohama's Fortress against shaper? (As opposed to say, going full block with rathpith globe).

2. Those of you using TF, mind sharing your tree?

3. I took OP's Vis Mortis tree and dropped the block nodes and some mana nodes to get Necro Aegis. Is that an okay route?

4. I have considerably less life (but some ES) and seemingly no mitigation other than flasks and bone offering. How do you compensate for this?

5. Basically, if I'm going to farm shaper, what, in your experience is the best gear/tree/spectres to use?

Going max block with Advancing Fortress in lieu of The Scourge I can kill all 4 guardians deathless with relative ease (3x TV, 1x WM). I'm wondering if I should sell the scourge and Tukohama's Fortress and keep using the block variant.

It's really all depend's, for myself I wanted to see how bad the Es change's were so I focused on going hybrid summoner and found for myself 3 specter's and a stone golem l8r zana's dad was dead. I was so shocked I didn't think they were going to live let alone me. Once i started getting currency from flippin gear and upgrading my minion dmg corrupted eye of chayula for a presence of chayula and picked up a 4th specter in the form on a wand, realized I have over 1k life and 75% chaos resistance so I replaced my shav's for a skin of the loyal. My second and every other attempt of shaper has become easier and easier the more i've learned the fight.

For myself i feel like passive tree I made for (TerrorLyeesia) in softcore harbringer can very well use the vis mortis and have a total of 5 specter's but I personally feel my damage is already dumb, I wont notice the difference unless I went dual wield bargain and vis mortis, but for a more defensive focused setup Im really enjoying the synergy between skin of the loyal, dream fragments and aegis aurora for how I like to play the game personally as a pure specter focused build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info