[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

A first > TYTYTY Natt for this build )

I think better corrupt gloves for +1 gems so u don't lose 2% regen enchant on boots.

Died on Mino ( may be try again /
Use proper set flask for each Guardian.
I found that I'm in love with my
. The chao res and movement speed are too convenient.
Hey, i got my hands on a bisco's with +1 additional curse for mapping.
Now I'm not sure what skill gem (ball lightning, arc) should i take for it since the aoe coverage is probably pretty small without a support gem like greater multiple projectiles. Im using Curse on Hit, Vulnerability, Flammability. Does anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT: Arc is still pretty good as it seems, shoulda tested it before asking earlier.
Last edited by BaamRakuu on Oct 22, 2017, 6:27:51 AM
Cant decide between def curse like enfeeble or offensive like vuln or flammability, any advice? Im not dying (maybe because using enfeeble atm) and dmg looks more than fine, some bosses still take some time to melt tho.
If I'm using Arc to curse that will set off EE for the bonus - fire res right?
"
BaamRakuu wrote:
Hey, i got my hands on a bisco's with +1 additional curse for mapping.
Now I'm not sure what skill gem (ball lightning, arc) should i take for it since the aoe coverage is probably pretty small without a support gem like greater multiple projectiles. Im using Curse on Hit, Vulnerability, Flammability. Does anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT: Arc is still pretty good as it seems, shoulda tested it before asking earlier.

The single projective fired by ball lightning has a HUGE aoe - it's way bigger than it looks. Considering the fact that your EE/curses should never be needed for anything other than bosses or other very fat single targets, why not just use it instead? You can't miss it against even the most mobile bosses due to its large aoe.
Some notes for early leveling (acts 1-5) that might be helpful for some people.

- I followed the usual path with SRS as the guide suggests until level 28 where you get the spectre gem. From that point on, I didn't follow the passive order suggested:

"
Deep Wisdom -> Lord of the Dead -> Heart and Soul -> Occultist's Dominion -> Inspiration -> Potency of Will -> Elemental Equilibrium (use LMP + Ball Lightning) -> GravePact -> Quick Recovery -> Herd the Flock ->

Instead, I did:

Deep Wisdom -> Lord of the Dead -> Heart and Soul -> Occultist's Dominion -> Inspiration -> Potency of Will -> GravePact -> Herd the Flock -> Puppet Master -> Cruel Preparation -> Death Attunement

- Once I hit level 36 and could equip Skullhead, I abandoned SRS and have been playing spectres and zombies. The spectres are Flame Sentinels on a 4L, really. RS + Minion Damage + Minion Ele Res + Ele Focus. The zombies are still linked to a spell totem + minion life combo. I respecced out of Potency of Will, dropped Hatred and also did normal lab with no issues at that point.

- Once I hit 38, I set up the ball lightning+CoH+Vuln+GMP links, and also the CWDT1+Desecrate7 ones for lots of flesh offerings. That was the point I picked up Elemental Equilibrium.

- From there on it was smooth sailing, really. Used a Bisco's, switching for Lazhwar during bosses, everything died efficiently until first Kitava (I died stupidly during it but my 3 sentinels and 8 zombies killed him without a hitch). The only time a spectre died during that time was during a double harbinger in the Ossuary.

I didn't even bother optimizing my weapon/shield combo, still using a Reverberation Rod + Springleaf - I'm sure someone can come up with something much better (including better Flame Sentinels links, or even better spectres before act6).

Tl;dr: spectres can be used without a hitch from 36 onwards.
"
Faldrath wrote:
Some notes for early leveling (acts 1-5) that might be helpful for some people.

- I followed the usual path with SRS as the guide suggests until level 28 where you get the spectre gem. From that point on, I didn't follow the passive order suggested:

"
Deep Wisdom -> Lord of the Dead -> Heart and Soul -> Occultist's Dominion -> Inspiration -> Potency of Will -> Elemental Equilibrium (use LMP + Ball Lightning) -> GravePact -> Quick Recovery -> Herd the Flock ->

Instead, I did:

Deep Wisdom -> Lord of the Dead -> Heart and Soul -> Occultist's Dominion -> Inspiration -> Potency of Will -> GravePact -> Herd the Flock -> Puppet Master -> Cruel Preparation -> Death Attunement

- Once I hit level 36 and could equip Skullhead, I abandoned SRS and have been playing spectres and zombies. The spectres are Flame Sentinels on a 4L, really. RS + Minion Damage + Minion Ele Res + Ele Focus. The zombies are still linked to a spell totem + minion life combo. I respecced out of Potency of Will, dropped Hatred and also did normal lab with no issues at that point.

- Once I hit 38, I set up the ball lightning+CoH+Vuln+GMP links, and also the CWDT1+Desecrate7 ones for lots of flesh offerings. That was the point I picked up Elemental Equilibrium.

- From there on it was smooth sailing, really. Used a Bisco's, switching for Lazhwar during bosses, everything died efficiently until first Kitava (I died stupidly during it but my 3 sentinels and 8 zombies killed him without a hitch). The only time a spectre died during that time was during a double harbinger in the Ossuary.

I didn't even bother optimizing my weapon/shield combo, still using a Reverberation Rod + Springleaf - I'm sure someone can come up with something much better (including better Flame Sentinels links, or even better spectres before act6).

Tl;dr: spectres can be used without a hitch from 36 onwards.

Cool, may be possible to be include in leveling section.
so, is Culling works on pet ? or is it your own spell (Lightning Balls)
If you really want to have culling strike on your minions the best option would be buy a soul taker and a heartseeker dagger. Give the items both to a vendor and a fusing orb, you should get 2handed axe from the vendor now called kingmaker. Give the to animate guardian. Your guardian now gives u and your the culling strike aura

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info