Path of Exile Launches in China

Maybe GGG can use some of the revenue from this launch to fix the current servers for everyone else. We all know how crap they are... Oh wait, new content > server stability and optimizations.
I remember a long while ago GGG saying they specifically tried to stay away from china because of all of their Chinese farming and what not. Now they're announcing a launch event in China? Seems like they're taking their word back. It might be the straw that broke the camels back for me.
IGN: SYIE
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Perhaps Chris is so embarrassed at being a total stick in the mud about trading, and now having to eat his hardliner words and sentiments with trading tools built into the client for the Chinese market? *gasp* Dare I even say "auction house".

He might have to admit he was wrong in the past. And I will certainly be there to make sure he chews every single last word because of the train wreck that is and has been trading in PoE thanks to their stubbornness.

He can't be, the logic is sound on trading in loot based games. If the majority demand pushes hard enough and gets enhanced trading tools or an auction house he'd be caving to customer pressure and time would show the same result history has shown repeatedly. People advocating for trade play an entirely different game than a loot based grinder is supposed to provide. They won't stop until they can complete the game in 45 minutes by trading through progression then they'll rage out about how the game is too easy. Meanwhile those of us trying to play legit are shaking our heads wondering when the madness of trading in games will end so we can play without all the spam and tryhards pretending to be gamers.
That video is amazing, that voice acting is god awful
Last edited by Stringtheory on Aug 22, 2017, 7:15:23 PM
To everyone complaining the Chinese are getting in-game trading, don't forget the only internet they have is what is allowed by their oppressive government, I.E. THE BEAST. The publisher probably demanded complete control of the trading rather than risking reliance on 3rd party websites.

Didn't the Russian government just ban some poe trading website?
"
defektiv wrote:
He can't be, the logic is sound on trading in loot based games. If the majority demand pushes hard enough and gets enhanced trading tools or an auction house he'd be caving to customer pressure and time would show the same result history has shown repeatedly. People advocating for trade play an entirely different game than a loot based grinder is supposed to provide. They won't stop until they can complete the game in 45 minutes by trading through progression then they'll rage out about how the game is too easy. Meanwhile those of us trying to play legit are shaking our heads wondering when the madness of trading in games will end so we can play without all the spam and tryhards pretending to be gamers.

1.) You are obviously and blatantly ignoring SSF.

2.) There is a huge difference between "trading tools" or "trade improvements" and an auction house. You don't need to have an auction house in order to drastically improve the awful, pathetic state of trading right now.

3.) Chris and team have ALREADY introduced trading almost on par with a full blown auction house in the XBox version of PoE and the Chinese PC version of PoE. That alone makes your argument completely invalid.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 22, 2017, 7:48:32 PM
There is a strange thing at the 2:03 mark of the video.
It shows a Templar, Shadow, Marauder, Duelist, Ranger , Witch and Scion, yet when the camera switches view, the colosseum they are in is symmetrical. 4 rows on each side, yet there are only 7 exiles. Who is number 8??
"
Archgreed wrote:
There is a strange thing at the 2:03 mark of the video.
It shows a Templar, Shadow, Marauder, Duelist, Ranger , Witch and Scion, yet when the camera switches view, the colosseum they are in is symmetrical. 4 rows on each side, yet there are only 7 exiles. Who is number 8??

The narrator also called the Duelist 'Power of Ranger' and the Ranger 'Power of Duelist'. Perhaps he was too focused on over acting the role. If only there was a way to review videos before they are released.

On a positive note, good for you GGG, the game has come a long way and I hope it continues going farther. This new market should be great for the development after the initial headaches wear off. :)
OMG... Korea Launching plz :(
"China number one"
[o_x]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info