[3.0] Two-Button Cleave Gladiator - Run most map mods, do all Guardians - Be super relaxed.
UPDATE ON THE WAY - I have replayed this build for 3.2 and am currently incorporating new content into it. Long story short, it's nothing but buffs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO
You will be able to do every map up to T15 quickly and safely, All Guardians, Vaal Temple and Eternal Izaro.
Can it do Hall of Grandmasters? Yes, very easily, but only if you have the same gear I do (or similar)
Can it do Uber Atziri? Yes. Yes it can.
Can it do Shaper? Yes. Should it run shaper? God no. Check out the video below.
This is an in-depth guide for my Two-Button Cleave Gladiator in Path of Exile 3.0.
I designed this build with the intent of making a build which could clear maps quickly and safely with a small amount of attention required. In essence, the goal was to face-tank the world and laugh.
The build clears maps quickly by building around the Gratuitous Violence ascendancy node in the Gladiator ascendancy. Turn on blood rage at the start of the map, then whirling blades and cleave (or leap slam and sunder) until the map is finished.
The Defense: This build utilize Block, Spell Block, decent Armour, pure physical mitigation, Endurance Charges, Blind, Immortal call and Fortify to keep from dying. You don't need to monitor any of this, its all automatic.
The Offense: This build utilizes a hybrid of on-hit physical damage combined with bleed damage and the Crimson Dance keystone. Gratutious Violence will take care of any and all packs in all maps.
This actually worked quite well. Not Hardcore Viable, but softcore? sure. Was my second Uber Atziri ever, my first one with this character, and it was a success.
This was my forth time running shaper ever. I'm bad at him, but even so, the dps of this build isn't good enough for shaper (it was a successful run however)
Example clear of Shaped Port
For everything else, you can watch me play the build live at My Stream. I'm not on stream often anymore this league as I'm doing mostly boring shit (grinding 100 and making currency) but I'd appreciate a follow all the same. Planning on streaming a lot more next league.
+ Great defenses
+ Fast mobility
+ Skills and weapon choice is flexible
+ Fortify (if using cleave).
+ Low budget for map clearing.
+ Easily capped resists.
+ Fast map clear speed.
+ Easily run Eternal Labyrinth.
+ No auras.
+ Can run most map mods.
+ Shaper Possible
+ Uber Atziri Viable
- High budget required to achieve builds maximum potential.
- Requires Vulnerability on hit gloves.
- Cant run physical reflect maps. Shouldn't run Temporal chains or physical damage reduction maps.
Alter this as needed. Take note, this build only makes use of Damage and Life nodes, you should simply grab what you feel you need more of at the time. These are examples of how I would level.
Resolute Technique should as always be your goal to reach as fast as possible. Missing is awful.
As soon as you receive an Overwhelming Odds Jewel in Act 5 from the side quest, spec into a Jewel slot for it (not required if leveling using Sunder)
Take Crimson Dance once you have at least 50% chance to bleed. 25% comes from the Red Storm Cluster, 25% from Gratuitous Violence and 25% from a damage wheel (swords or axes, depending on your choice of skill).
Take Blood magic as soon as you feel comfortable sustaining it. Having sufficient life regeneration and your 0.2-0.4% life leech will be how you do this.
I chose Oak. the life regen is useful at all stages of the game, especially early for blood magic, and the 20% increased physical damage will scale Gratuitous Violence, and is one of the few ways to do so. You may pick 2 passives if you don't find these rewards appealing enough. Don't pick any other bandits.
You will ascend as a Gladiator. You will get the following ascendancy nodes in the following order:
Normal = Gratuitous Violence
Merciless = Versatile Combatant
Eternal = Violent Retaliation
If you have questions about this, ask them.
Belly of the Beast should be the primary goal for your chest. It is best in slot. Get one as soon as you can. If you can't afford one, use a rare chest piece with as much life and resists as you can muster. Order of Importance: Life, then Resists.
This is your end game goal for a shield. These are expensive to the average player. Two weeks into Harbinger league and these still cost 300c. You want this shield. YOU WANT THIS SHIELD. Get out there and get earning, until you can afford one, use either a good rare shield or one of the many many useful unique shields. Order of importance for rare shield stats: Life, then Resists, if you can also get increased physical damage (only rolls on hybrid ev/ar shields)
Any pair of Vulnerability on hit gloves will do, keep your eyes peeled for a cheap pair. If you are focusing on their stats, prioritize Life, then as much resistance as you can get (price goes up exponentially when you factor in high life and resists). If you can get a pair of these, then good rare gloves with Added phys, life and resists are fine, for now. Priority: Life, then resists, then added phys.
The rest of your gear is made up almost entirely of life resists and attributes. The exception is your necklace. Get as much added phys on your necklace as you can. For all gear prioritize your life first, then your resists, you have so many rares, resist capping should be easy.
Late game you will want chaos resist. Purchase your chaos resist items in this order to keep costs down and use my gear as a model for the stats you should look for. Order of Purchase: Belt, Helm, Boots, Necklace (try and fulfill your attribute requirements with your necklace), and lastly rings. The more pressure you put on your rings to make up for you resists the more expensive it will be. Try get as much resistance as you can on your belt and Helmet.
Get a weapon that does good damage. That's it, nothing special. Prioritize high base damage over attack speed, but don't go less than 1.4 attacks per second or you whirling blades will be too slow (Higher base damage means better bleeds)
These Jewels are to be obtained in this order. The Red Nightmare is Extremely good and equally expensive. I don;t expect you to get one, but I expect you to try, it changes your life. When you get it, it goes in the jewel socket by the Marauder area of the passive tree. It will give you 13% Block and Spell Block aswell as a 41% change to get an endurance charge on kill.
These are the flasks I use. This combination has served me well. You can only use The Forbidden Taste if you have sufficient chaos res (be at least 25% positive).
All gems are listed in the order you should prioritize the links.
Cleave - Brutality - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Maim - Ruthless
Immortal call (L16) - Cast When Damage Taken (L14) - Increased Duration - Enduring Cry
Increased Duration - Tempest Shield (L1) - Blind - Cast When Damage Taken (L1)
Note: If you don't have Vulnerability on hit gloves, replace blind with Vulnerability (L1)
Blood Rage (that's it)
Whirling Blades (L1) - Faster Attacks - Blind
Riposte - Blind - Vengeance
Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Brutality - Concentrated Effect
The attack should be self explanatory. If you are using Sunder, it would be Sunder instead of Cleave, but same setup. We are pure phys, these are the best links.
For the helmet, We have a high lvl CWDT because we have a high life level, and would rather it didn't go off too much as the endurance charges provide nice phys mitigation constantly instead of for the short Immortal Call period. Enduring Cry is linked in here for use against single target bosses (if you feel the need) and if you don't have a Red Dream/Nightmare Jewel
Tempest shield is linked to CWDT because levels mean nothing to you for Tempest Shield and you want it always on. Casting it is a pain, this fixes that. The chain lightning from tempest shield will blind. If you don't have Vulnerability gloves it will be Vulnerability or Enfeeble instead of blind.
If you don't want to use tempest shield or feel it doesn't add enough to what you are doing, swap it for the Ancestral Warchief setup that uses the same socket colors. This will help DPS at the cost of survivability.
Blood Rage doesn't need links. You could link it to increased duration, but only do this if you aren't killing fast enough to keep it on. Beware of doing this on no regen / less regen maps.
Whirling blades is self explanitory, it is your move skill. If using Sunder or other, you will be using an axe and this will be Leap Slam instead.
Your shield is filled with counterattack skills that blind. This is good for an extra layer of defense against bosses. Do it.
MY CURRENT STATISTICS
Note: Bleed stacks 8 times and Ruthless bleeds will be 20k dps each.
PATH OF BUILDING LINK
My current Path of Building https://pastebin.com/3YrUca8z
Online regularly : IGN - Raxus_Redstorm
If you have any questions about the build if you choose to play it, ask them here, or watch for a demonstration (I'm currently playing it in Harbinger League)
Q: What would you do if your gloves had 3 more available sockets in your gloves?
A: I would probably have Leap slam and faster attacks in there, maybe an increased duration for blood rage too. Some maps are more convenient for leap slam than whirling blades, and the increased duration on Blood Rage would help for certain bosses.
Q: Did you level with cleave? Should I?
A: I did, you can, you don't have to. Level with whatever melee skill you are comfortable with so long as it has no elemental damage. Also, you can use axes or swords, just follow my guide for the passive tree when using axes instead of swords.
Q: Can you do Uber Atziri and Shaper?
A: On softcore with good gear yes. Shaper is hard, Uber Atziri isn't as bad. Shaper feels like a dps check which to be honest, you will fail for this build, but he is still possible to do, check the video. Uber Atziri is a mechanics check, with practice, you will be able to do her deathless.
Q: How are you generating Endurance charges?
A: The Red Dream/Nightmare. You don't need this, but it helps a lot. Use a Rumi's Concoction and Enduring Cry in the situations that need it if you don't have this jewel.
Cookees build which I played last league and thoroughly enjoyed. His build inspired me to make my own, utilizing the bleed changes in 3.0 and the many new support gems. Thanks Cookees.
Last edited by Rohkenzai on Mar 10, 2018, 12:40:14 AM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2018, 12:07:18 PM
on Aug 21, 2017, 11:53:56 PM
on Aug 21, 2017, 11:54:21 PM
on Aug 22, 2017, 2:40:04 AM
on Aug 22, 2017, 6:03:07 AM
Cheer's mate, appreciate that someone read it.
on Aug 22, 2017, 7:32:34 AM
You can save one skillpoint on the most right life cluster by going under rather than over.
on Aug 22, 2017, 12:48:56 PM
Great build! I'm not the best player and my laptop not the fastest. I love playing HC but when I make a mistake with one of the glass cannon builds or my screen freezes for 2-3 sec, that's usually it. This might be exactly what I'm looking for!
A few questions:
- Any tips on leveling, especially as SSF? Did you use Cleave all the way? What were the gear checks for you? I have the feeling that especially the new act bosses with all their hard-to-dodge consistent damage might be tricky...
- Your build uses Blood Magic and no auras. I calculated with your APS you would need 160 Mana/sec to sustain your 6L. Was that the reason to go Blood Magic? I mean...being able to use an aura could increase your dps and also make the build viable for more map mods...
- Tempest Shield gives you 3% block and triggers Blind. But you currently have 2 other Blind setups. Couldn't you use that 4L more effectively or are those 3% more valuable than I imagine?
- The guardian fights took awhile but it looked pretty safe. Did you try to take on the big Three (Uber Izaro, Uber Atziri, Shaper) already? If not, any particular reason why?
Last edited by Afghani84 on Aug 22, 2017, 2:41:33 PM
on Aug 22, 2017, 1:09:03 PM
Huh, so you can. Good spot.
And here are some answers!
- For leveling I went into act 5-10 completely blind, so I did die a few times. From my experience it is mostly only elemental mobs that pose a threat so focus on keeping that capped, as there are many in act 5-10. Generally focus on high life rolls and keeping your resists capped. The damage from Crimson Dance is obscenely good for all the main bosses in act 5-9. In short, keep your weapon up to date, focus on life and resists on your gear and youl be fine. If you dont want to use cleave and would rather use sunder, you can! just spec into the two axe wheels with notables "splitting strikes" and "cleaving rather than the sword wheels "blade of cunning" and "razor's edge"
- ah, I see where 160/s came from. Divide by 3, multistrike doesn't charge for its extra 2 hits (53 life per second. The reason we went blood magic is because it is easy to sustain with just life regen, and we also get leech and life from block so there are absolutely no problems there. As for map mods, 40% phys reduction is a pain, but the reason this is a pure phys build is because we needed to use Brutality because it has a huge more multiplier that effects both the main hit and the bleed. To use auras and drop brutality would probably amount to the same amount of damage except it would reserve life and we have no way of penetrating the elemental resists of mobs. Don;t be fooled by the tooltip of elemental damage. Without penetration, it does a lot less than it says it does.
- If you want to forgo tempest shield - blind for a 4link setup like a warchief totem you are welcome to, but this setup is made for defense and it is a solid one. blind only has a 10% chance to work, which is why not including whirling blades, I have 4 different ways of applying it. As for the 3% block, here is some math. Without it I would be at 66% block instead of 69%. I go from having a 31% chance for block to not work to a 34% chance. This increases the amount of hits I take by 9%. Whether you decide this combined with the blind is worth it is up to you, If I were to swap it, I wouldnt change the socket colors, I would use warchief totem - brutality - faster attacks and conc effect.
- I have killed Uber Izaro many times on this build, he is snoresville. Rediculously easy. This build as far as I know is not optimal for uber atziri because she does heavy elemental damage and this build would not make the fight short enough to make it safe to do. I also lack a L21 Purity of fire (which I would put in an essence worm). As for shaper I plan to try him today. It may or may not work, but I feel that would be due to my lack of experience at him rather than due to the build. Shaper builds do normally want about 500k dps to do him at a level of efficency though.
- I will upload a video of Uber Izaro and Vaal temple Today, I will attempt shaper and If it goes well, then Ill upload that too, but I havent done shaper much so we'll see.
Last edited by Rohkenzai on Aug 22, 2017, 3:30:56 PM
on Aug 22, 2017, 3:29:21 PM
I'm completely new in this game.In every build i've seen info about bandits quests,I cant find it here. Can U tell me what I have to do with it?:P
Last edited by terykui on Aug 22, 2017, 7:11:01 PM
on Aug 22, 2017, 6:55:23 PM
Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot to add it. I would suggest helping Oak, but you may kill all if you wish. I think the 20% increased physical damage is worth it, as it is difficult to get on the tree, and the 1% life regen is good too, also difficult to get on the tree.
on Aug 22, 2017, 7:15:34 PM