[3.0] Two-Button Cleave Gladiator - Run most map mods, do all Guardians - Be super relaxed.

"
monkuar wrote:
Btw any alternative to the red nightmare? That jewel is listed at around 750c... FeelsBadMan.. fuck...I am level 38 right now though. not going to stop

I would shoot for the Red Dream first and upgrade it into the Red Nightmare when you get the chance. There is no real alternative to that jewel, it's stupidly good, you will always have immortal call on when clearing maps if there is a need for immortal call to pop, plus the added defenses from the endurance charges in conjunction with the block chance make life a lot easier.

The alternative is this, you don't really "need" the Red Nightmare, but you want it because it lets you be lazy, which is the goal. If you can't afford it, all you have to do is use a Rumi's Concoction Granite Flask when things look like they might get rough, it does pretty much the same thing as the red Nightmare, if not better, its just not a persistent effect.

tl;dr: Can't afford it? Buy a Rumi's instead.
"
Rohkenzai wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
Btw any alternative to the red nightmare? That jewel is listed at around 750c... FeelsBadMan.. fuck...I am level 38 right now though. not going to stop

I would shoot for the Red Dream first and upgrade it into the Red Nightmare when you get the chance. There is no real alternative to that jewel, it's stupidly good, you will always have immortal call on when clearing maps if there is a need for immortal call to pop, plus the added defenses from the endurance charges in conjunction with the block chance make life a lot easier.

The alternative is this, you don't really "need" the Red Nightmare, but you want it because it lets you be lazy, which is the goal. If you can't afford it, all you have to do is use a Rumi's Concoction Granite Flask when things look like they might get rough, it does pretty much the same thing as the red Nightmare, if not better, its just not a persistent effect.

tl;dr: Can't afford it? Buy a Rumi's instead.

Awesome man. Yeah, that's fine for me tbh. I'm just looking for that D2 Smiter nostalgia feel and your build is making me achieve that every time I level. I absolutely love it and appreciate all the advice, I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of fun with this build.

I'm stopping with my older fast paced "meta" builds and slowing it down a bit now and want to go the old D2 Smiter route with the face tanks and decent damage. I think your build is like perfect for this

Def going to get me a rumi's then for sure

e: Just got gratuitous violence.. omg it's amazing
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 26, 2017, 10:29:01 PM
Just an update, level 68 now.

I switched out cleave with sunder and love it way more tbh, lol. Because of gratuitous violence sunder works well for packs. I always thought sunder was for single target only.. I couldn't be more wrong :)

Bleed seems promising as heck!

I also just regal'd this jewel:

and used another dmg jewel instead of the cleave threshold ones. I'm really liking sunder <3

They said in 3.0 the bleed dps was going to be bad however.. bleed is feeling amazing right now tbh, maybe it drops off later?

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 27, 2017, 12:35:13 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
Just an update, level 68 now.

I switched out cleave with sunder and love it way more tbh, lol. Because of gratuitous violence sunder works well for packs. I always thought sunder was for single target only.. I couldn't be more wrong :)

Bleed seems promising as heck!

I also just regal'd this jewel:

and used another dmg jewel instead of the cleave threshold ones. I'm really liking sunder <3

Glad you are enjoying it, it's a versatile build, you can use any skill that is melee and pure physical, so long as it is AOE.

"
monkuar wrote:
They said in 3.0 the bleed dps was going to be bad however.. bleed is feeling amazing right now tbh, maybe it drops off later?

It won't. Your bleed damage will be doing as much dps as your on hit damage in late game so long as you are using vulnerability. Bleed is very good in 3.0, the people who don't think so have never really invested into it.
Hey man,good another "noob" question for U :P
As I can see on your videos,u are getting instantly your endurance charges in fight,but I dont.
Got all the same gems,as u recommend. But when it comes to fight and I take some dmg,nothing happens.
I literally have to cast Enduring cry by myself to get all the stacks,or maybe it should be like that,but why there is "cast when dmg taken" gem in head?
I hope u understand what I meant,my english isnt that good :/
"
terykui wrote:
Hey man,good another "noob" question for U :P
As I can see on your videos,u are getting instantly your endurance charges in fight,but I dont.
Got all the same gems,as u recommend. But when it comes to fight and I take some dmg,nothing happens.
I literally have to cast Enduring cry by myself to get all the stacks,or maybe it should be like that,but why there is "cast when dmg taken" gem in head?
I hope u understand what I meant,my english isnt that good :/

I understand you and what confuses you. Sorry to disappoint but Enduring Cry doesn't work with cast when damage taken. I'm getting these Endurance Charges from The Red Nightmare. This also works with The Red Dream, Which is half the price. If you can't afford it which most people can't don't worry, Rumi's Concoction is sufficient defense in all situations that require extra defense.

For anything up to and including Guardians, The Red Dream/Nightmare is not an essential build component, it just makes life easier. you don't need the endurance charges, but when you feel you do, use Enduring cry and a Rumi flask. That is why Enduring cry is in the helmet links, it doesn't need t be linked to anything, that is just a place for it to be.
Thanks for answers,and patience :)
I'm playing a similar build using Sunder. I use a somewhat different tree but I have taken the bleed/poison wheel you have.

I like your advice about getting cast on hit vulnerability gloves - hadn't thought of that one. I have been shopping them and they are fairly reasonable to buy starting around 3C and going up for something half decent.

The red nightmare jewel looks nice and I have seen it before but it is all RNG as to when I will have the currency to buy that. I seem more in a magic find phase right now and having fun running bisco's amulet and belt - neither of which is good gear for level 10 maps and up (L86 right now).

Anyway thanks for the guide and best of luck.

Heya!

Just got back to the game and decided to roll a gladiator for nostalgia. Bought up most of the gear needed for this build (Red nightmare, surrender, a very hard hitting mace, found an old vulnerability on hit veruso's in my stash etc). Seen a +1 curse Anvil on the chat for cheap, so I bought it and it made me think. What do you think about using a Reckoning+Curse on hit+punishment+inc aoe setup? They could go on The Surrender as they wouldn't need to be linked to Riposte there afaik, as the item provides the reckoning. Or maybe just make a 2nd setup with Riposte+inc duration to apply it at least against bosses (where it is needed the most).

I'm lucky with my vulnerability gloves, as it can carry my CWDT setup, so I have the sockets to spare.

The mace I found on POE trade got me to use Sunder, but eventually I want to try Cleave for the free fortify.

Thoughts on using vulnerability on hit Asenath's Gentle Touch with +1 curse ammy?
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Sep 18, 2017, 6:09:17 AM
Like the tankiness of the build a lot. Do you make any changes to your setup for Hall of the Grandmasters (e.g. using the antiblock gem) or run it as usual?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info