[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

"
Daff370 wrote:
Little advice if you guys wana make this build in like lvl 60+ with all the most important items such as staff gloves helm all links and gems it will suck so much ...damage is too low idk what makes this build hamechanging in terms of the damage but i have almost most of the mine / damaage boost nodes still early game playstyle too slow and damage too low cant do act9 with it rip...totem die fast and mines placing is long ( yes i know endgame placement is op ) but as i said early game it sucks

IM teribly sorry it was all my nooby fault i was using lvl 1 magma all the time i apologize it melts now its gream ..again sorry for missleading info
Hi,I am pretty new to the game and I havn't tried this build i read most of it and I have a few question maybe more then a few. First question you mentioned about the shift key i have never used it before i don't really understand why you have to use it with this build and i tried doing it with storm burst it doesn't make sense to. secondly, button clicking why is there a lot?. Lastly, how do you survive.?
"
Hi,I am pretty new to the game and I havn't tried this build i read most of it and I have a few question maybe more then a few. First question you mentioned about the shift key i have never used it before i don't really understand why you have to use it with this build and i tried doing it with storm burst it doesn't make sense to. secondly, button clicking why is there a lot?. Lastly, how do you survive.?

So the reason why you would want to have a perma-shift key effect is to drop the mines immediately at where you're standing.

while the position isn't too important, the ability to drop your mines immediately is why you do it. Without it, you have to travel to where you want to drop the mines.

Try turning on the glitch. Assign the key to a numpad number, press it, then turn off numpad.

By the virtue to dropping and setting off your mines, it can lead to a lot of button pressing, but that depends on how you set your skills up.

The only real way of surviving is running around (hence why the quicksilver flask + Lavianga's Spirit are so important), but those pesky invisible abyss dudes can still 1 shot you if there's like 3 of them hitting you at once.
if your not satisfied with the damage and range

you could try the new Gloomfang amulet, 20% of non chaos damage added as chaos damage per chain, and another extra chain :)

with 5 chains and slower proj, that just about doubles the damage if you hit with the last chain....

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 25, 2017, 11:44:36 PM
I heard that Gloomfang amulet was bugged and currently does not work with magma orb mines...anyone know for sure?
Does it work with self cast tho? Hopefully it's not true, or they fix it soon.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Well i can completely say that this build is realy squishy....i played many version even with CWDT: molten shell and mine for autodetonate mines and molten shell for + armor and damage orf + another cwdt with immortal call 1.2k ES with 5.2 K life with discipline aura overcapped all resist 112+ -40 chaos resist not 60 lvl 85 5l staff and 2.8k+ evasion and 1k+ armor double life flast with all cancelation like bleed shock and freeze or ignite oak flas i tried also arctic armor for + phys damage reduction in close combats dobule curse 5 l chest with orb of storms (yes u gave amulet for +1 curse ) YET STILl i get oneshot many times its either a group of monster rushing in and its cancer to leapslam away cause its has a limited range of jump which is pontles that you can aim at corner of monitor and jump lul so you die to that or either stun when u cast imnes they dont detonate and you die or bosses i dont have currency for mana flask so i use vaal clarity even when i save it for boss still not enouhgt time to kill boss ( depends withc boss ofc ) so neither any defences will help you at those moments which sucks i mean damage is good and ist even better when u use anger with no mana reservation ring its like a LOT of damage tops but you loos resists if you wana use it stil its not that much big difference in survivablity only thing that save you is detonation from a far distance so for speed runs like flying around map you always need to a range detonate which makes you look for every piece of corner of map so you dont jump or run to the swarm of mobs still getting a 6 L staff for 7ex is a dream to me i barely see 1 ex per many hours... so its a lot of damage loss for me still nothing to do for a survivablity boost ONLY if you could try to use Shroud of the Lightless since LVL 20 Shade from gives you immunity to phys damage or maybe belly of best whis boost your hp but still..belly too OP for currency even 5l rip my life :/ OFC im not expert u just saying every experience i had tried with this build or other versions of it possiblities for surviving or dmg i appreciate any tips or advices that worked for you with never die in T10+ rare maps TYYY !!! :)
The clear speed feels really good so far, mobility is definitely lacking though when it's basically the main source of survivability.
Karui Charge feels pretty decent for swapping the winds of change gloves out, you lose a bit of projectile damage and knockback but you gain 10% ms and attack speed to help with how bad the leap slamming feels.

Main thing for using Karui Charge is also the ability to swap in Gloomfang not worrying about resists and etc, adds a shit ton of damage for bossing.

If you're having some problems with your damage keep in mind 4l -> 5l is about 30% damage increase and 5l -> 6l is about 50% damage increase totalling ~100% damage increase from 4l -> 6l. 6l is definitely a big improvement in your damage alongside the ability to use slower projectiles doubling/tripling boss damage.
Should I use a magma orb chains two more times helm or place an additional mine helm?
"
SorrZulan wrote:
The clear speed feels really good so far, mobility is definitely lacking though when it's basically the main source of survivability.
Karui Charge feels pretty decent for swapping the winds of change gloves out, you lose a bit of projectile damage and knockback but you gain 10% ms and attack speed to help with how bad the leap slamming feels.

Main thing for using Karui Charge is also the ability to swap in Gloomfang not worrying about resists and etc, adds a shit ton of damage for bossing.

If you're having some problems with your damage keep in mind 4l -> 5l is about 30% damage increase and 5l -> 6l is about 50% damage increase totalling ~100% damage increase from 4l -> 6l. 6l is definitely a big improvement in your damage alongside the ability to use slower projectiles doubling/tripling boss damage.

I use lightning warp, 3 link setup, feels pretty fast with a Devoto helmet

In any case not sure Gloomfang works with magma orb, or any spell other than bow skills

I tried it on my occultist Shimmeron Trapper, and she also uses chained lightning traps and did not see any chaos damage. But you do get the extra chain

Still, don't think Gloomfang is worth the loss of life on that ammie slot

Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 1, 2018, 10:55:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info