It is bad luck to watch the solar eclipse... Do not watch it.

Many cultures/tribes believe the sun will die and then be reborn. In witch during this time the sun and moon need their privacy. It is a time of renewal a time to reflect upon yourself as a person and to reinvent yourself. The next solar eclipse may not again appear for the rest of your lifetime.

I'm not one to take superstitions seriously, however if 99.99% of cultures/tribes/religions say to leave it alone then there has to be some form of validity to respect the event. You've been warned...

Best Regards,

Your Witch Sol
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2017, 6:50:22 AM
There used to be tribes that thought eclipses were the Sun God being angry and leaving them in darkness. The only way to get him to come back was to do a special dance and chanting. It worked every time, which was irrefutable proof that they were right.....
I don't want to go blind...I don't think I will watch it..there will be plenty of pictures of it on the Internet.
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
For whatever reason, when this was brought up to me yesterday, I thought about that scene in Apocalypso where dude is about to get sacrificed to the futbol gods, then the eclipse happens- as predicted by the priests on their calendar- and he gets set free.

But seriously, as long as you have access to welding equiment, should be safe.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
solwitch wrote:
The next solar eclipse may not again appear for the rest of your lifetime.

Slight nitpick here, solar eclipses aren't that rare. In fact, they occur roughly once every 18 or so months (and on some occasions there has been up to 5 in a year).

But a total solar eclipse is quite rare to see. Some places on Earth may not see another for 375+ years. It really depends on where you live. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Sadly, down here in South Florida, I would only be able to see the solar eclipse at like 75%, while up in Orlando is like at 85% of seeing the total solar eclipse. It is still a sight to see, but I would a quick peek, very carefully during totality if it happens, and be done with it.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 21, 2017, 1:06:17 AM
"
For whatever reason, when this was brought up to me yesterday, I thought about that scene in Apocalypso where dude is about to get sacrificed to the futbol gods, then the eclipse happens- as predicted by the priests on their calendar- and he gets set free.

But seriously, as long as you have access to welding equiment, should be safe.

Welding equipment with a rating of 12+, according to what I have read. 12, or 13 (which is not a commonly found rating) will work A rating of 14 will work, but will be difficult to see much through it.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Wishing all of you clear skies today :-). My parents' house was right in the middle of the central track of the 1999's total eclipse over Europe. First, the light dimmed down, then the birds fell silent and watching the shadow race down the hills towards us was the single most eerie thing I've ever seen. The eclipse itself was absolutely spectacular and, even if you knew what happened, a bit creepy. An absolutely amazing event you'll never forget.

Me was more surprised by the temperature change, really did run a chill down my spine.
Was at work and had no sunglasses, attempted to watch it but didn´t work, still too powerfull even at 1% load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Aug 21, 2017, 6:50:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info