[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
Cordial wrote:
Thx for the answer.

Against some bosses in high tier's youre partially onehit. This build makes a lot of fun and youre clearspeed is very good, but bossfights are dangerous and that can be frustrating. For elderfight i change the character.

I was considering making a boss killer type character but most of my talents revolve around damage aura builds. I did start leveling up an RF character for this league, however it seems incredibly overplayed now compared to when I started using RF in warbands league. I might just need to do some slight adjustments to the character to make it a little stronger for bosses though. I'm considering dropping down to 2 curses and grabbing void beacon which is what I was using in previous leagues.

"
Kardabul wrote:
What weapon, and armor I should use to lvlup before 62 lvl?(I a lot of times die)((

It depends on what skill you're using to level up, I just used some random wand until I was in act 4 and then I bought a Dark seer which lasted me until around 70+ where I bought a Breath of the Council, I leveled up as blight with some contagion. This late in the league though you should easily be able to buy most leveling uniques so something like a lifesprig could last until 62.

I also ended up leveling up as hybrid which kind of shafted me, I had a lot of es and a decent amount of life but because at the time I wanted to make a full hybrid character work I had less life than es, and I only had life regen so I ended up dying quite a bit myself. I would suggest if you do go hybrid to grab zealots oath sooner rather than later and then go ci at 62.
At the same time, you could just go life on most of your gear and grab the hybrid life wheels which should be able to sustain you well enough as you level.
I try it with switch malediction to void bacon and test it with - arctic armour, enfeeble, despair and aspect of the Spider...
I use Temporal Chains on monsters and Aspect of the Spider in boss fights. It doesn't really make sense to get rid of TC, it is extremely important defensive mechanism.

This build can kill T15 Elder, Shaper and Uber Atziri but it is hard and you shouldn't use useless weapon like Breach of the Council, you have to actually deal with all the mechanics and skills, you cannot just facetank damage or skip skills/phases with high dps. I dont believe it is possible to kill Uber Elder without some major changes.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 1, 2018, 1:36:11 PM
"
PovilasMat wrote:
I use Temporal Chains on monsters and Aspect of the Spider in boss fights. It doesn't really make sense to get rid of TC, it is extremely important defensive mechanism.

This build can kill T15 Elder, Shaper and Uber Atziri but it is hard and you shouldn't use useless weapon like Breach of the Council, you have to actually deal with all the mechanics and skills, you cannot just facetank damage or skip skills/phases with high dps. I dont believe it is possible to kill Uber Elder without some major changes.

It's not a useless weapon. Not everyone is going to have the amount of currency to throw at the build that you did.
"
Catemonster wrote:
"
PovilasMat wrote:

It's not a useless weapon. Not everyone is going to have the amount of currency to throw at the build that you did.

I paid 5c for weapon, 2x6c for annuls, 2 exalt for multimod, master crafting and I used 5 divines. So it is below 3 exalts:) At that moment Breach of the Council was 1,8ex.

Imo: ~100% damage dagger > Brightbeak = 70% damage dagger > Breach of the Council. :)
I still do most of the content with Brightbeak, except T15s+, Guardians, Shaper and Elder.

just bought this one for 15c and crafted DoT. You can get weapon much better than Breach of the Council pretty cheap.

This one I was using before crafting my current one:
I paid 2c for it :)
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 1, 2018, 4:18:05 PM
I have bought me a dagger with 80% spell and 25% damage over time with 12% attack Speed. The tooltip dmg of blight is a Little bit higher. The death Aura is 10% lower then with council.
The daggers look great for scaling blight, while they affect the actual aura slightly I'm not entirely sure why a dagger instead of a scepter. If you could explain that part it would be great.

I'm guessing your build is more focused on the damage of blight and the cwc, while your death aura probably still does a decent amount your blight with ed probably does more than just a 5l blight?
"
Cordial wrote:
I have bought me a dagger with 80% spell and 25% damage over time with 12% attack Speed. The tooltip dmg of blight is a Little bit higher. The death Aura is 10% lower then with council.

You shouldn't mind death aura tooltip at all. You are not killing rare monsters with death aura and ~9000 tooltip damage which is easy to achieve can kill any normal/magic monsters anywhere. Rare monsters are killed by Blight or I prefer using Blight -> CWC -> ED because of higher damage output.

The reason you use dagger is attack speed. You want to shield charge fast, that way you increase your clear speed very significantly. If you are not going for T14 or higher I would just use Brightbeak for same reason. :)

"
The daggers look great for scaling blight, while they affect the actual aura slightly I'm not entirely sure why a dagger instead of a scepter. If you could explain that part it would be great.

I'm guessing your build is more focused on the damage of blight and the cwc, while your death aura probably still does a decent amount your blight with ed probably does more than just a 5l blight?

It is simply easier to find high attack speed (1.7+) dagger than scepter, I wouldn't mind using scepter as well.
I switched from your setup to this one just to test and my damage output increased significantly. While it is a little bit harder because you have to aim your ED's, the damage increase is definitely worth it.
As I mentioned in answer to previous quote, increasing Death Aura damage becomes obsolete. You cannot rely on it to kill tankier Rare+ mobs and Normal/Magic monster die anyway.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 1, 2018, 6:27:27 PM
"
PovilasMat wrote:
"
Cordial wrote:

You shouldn't mind death aura tooltip at all. You are not killing rare monsters with death aura and ~9000 tooltip damage which is easy to achieve can kill any normal/magic monsters anywhere. Rare monsters are killed by Blight or I prefer using Blight -> CWC -> ED because of higher damage output.

The reason you use dagger is attack speed. You want to shield charge fast, that way you increase your clear speed very significantly. If you are not going for T14 or higher I would just use Brightbeak for same reason. :)

"

It is simply easier to find high attack speed (1.7+) dagger than scepter, I wouldn't mind using scepter as well.
I switched from your setup to this one just to test and my damage output increased significantly. While it is a little bit harder because you have to aim your ED's, the damage increase is definitely worth it.
As I mentioned in answer to previous quote, increasing Death Aura damage becomes obsolete. You cannot rely on it to kill tankier Rare+ mobs and Normal/Magic monster die anyway.

Thanks for the quick response! I was guessing it was due to the attack speed, personally I cut shield charge from what I'm currently using just because I felt like I kept getting myself killed from getting stuck on things. I find running around with my quicksilver to be just as effective but without tripping over things. That's just a personal thing though. Open areas shield charge would be effective and save on flask charges.

I might try out the cwc ed though, still tweaking the build as the league goes on and always open to trying out new things to make the build better and more efficient for everyone.
"
"
PovilasMat wrote:
"
Cordial wrote:

"

Thanks for the quick response! I was guessing it was due to the attack speed, personally I cut shield charge from what I'm currently using just because I felt like I kept getting myself killed from getting stuck on things. I find running around with my quicksilver to be just as effective but without tripping over things. That's just a personal thing though. Open areas shield charge would be effective and save on flask charges.

I might try out the cwc ed though, still tweaking the build as the league goes on and always open to trying out new things to make the build better and more efficient for everyone.

Shield charge with high atk speed is extremely effective in two things: 1) general map clear speed, 2) dodging boss spells/attacks. Both are something your current build lacks. :) It requires a little bit learning to do but it is nice. I will upload some videos of mine in 1-2 hours, so you can share them. :)

Test out cwc ed, I am sure you will like it :)
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 1, 2018, 7:02:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info