[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Hi flasher, Im here too, Im trying only this build in this season, working on dropping t14 maps atm, and with a red elder down. Actually im trying to switching from a full blight to a blight with cwc to min/maxing the build with my poor experience of a fresh player, and Im enjoying it a lot, loving the playstyle in both mapping and boss fights. Running a 3 aura 3 curse with 1 curse down atm for low level enlighten.
"
Ing_Lercio wrote:
Hi flasher, Im here too, Im trying only this build in this season, working on dropping t14 maps atm, and with a red elder down. Actually im trying to switching from a full blight to a blight with cwc to min/maxing the build with my poor experience of a fresh player, and Im enjoying it a lot, loving the playstyle in both mapping and boss fights. Running a 3 aura 3 curse with 1 curse down atm for low level enlighten.

I might build the Cast While Channeling portion into the build. What is the third aura you are running currently? (I have Purity of Elements for ele weakness maps, but might just drop down to 2 curses and grab void beacon instead of malediction)
Im running vitality, discipline and aspect of the spider all of them socketed in the shield for 15% less mana reservation, if I socket some enlighten in both the shield and the helm I think there will be enough mana, Im levelling some enlighten. About void beacon I think there is little gain over the debuff malediction and I love the 3 curse thing, just 10 % more damage doesn't justify taking off the third curse and the 10% less damage taken. Aspect of the spider is a big boost in damage for some minor mana reserved. I don't think a chaos impresence will benefit my build atm, the marble amulet instead is giving me enough damage and ES regen.
"
Ing_Lercio wrote:
Im running vitality, discipline and aspect of the spider all of them socketed in the shield for 15% less mana reservation, if I socket some enlighten in both the shield and the helm I think there will be enough mana, Im levelling some enlighten. About void beacon I think there is little gain over the debuff malediction and I love the 3 curse thing, just 10 % more damage doesn't justify taking off the third curse and the 10% less damage taken. Aspect of the spider is a big boost in damage for some minor mana reserved. I don't think a chaos impresence will benefit my build atm, the marble amulet instead is giving me enough damage and ES regen.

I'll admit I too figured it would only be a 10% more damage modifier over malediction it turns out to be slightly more (because the node before gives chaos damage)
The place where this node actually increases the damage by a lot more is against bosses because it is a flat -20 chaos res, this isn't reduced at all against bosses where our curses are reduced by 60/80% almost nulifying our curses completely. (Something I think that should be changed for a build that has hexproof)

The chaos Imprescene is mainly used to reduce the mana cost of Despair, while it gives some damage over time, and a situational at best buff (it's chosen for the mana cost). A rare marble amulet with chaos damage and other stats will of course be better overall, if you can afford to pay the mana cost for despair then an impresense isn't needed at all with a marble amulet.
Thinking about trying this build, I'd initially use ED/Contagion, any uniques that could help me going through the leveling phase ? (apart from tabula & goldrim).
"
rippmania wrote:
Thinking about trying this build, I'd initially use ED/Contagion, any uniques that could help me going through the leveling phase ? (apart from tabula & goldrim).

:D there isn't anything very specific, just every 10levels or so get some random rares (add your level as cap to poe.trade) to maxout resistances and get more life/es

I ran Contagion + Spell totem and ED myself. It was pretty nice as well. I would drop totem, then ED and ran past mobs.
I can't stop thinking on cwc ED, blight dot stacking in boss fights is a major source of damage, the setup with ED is killing the base value of blight stacking while giving me a single big dot, so im trying to figure out if we can put ED into the body armor in a 6 link or less setup. Actually Im sitting on something like 1.2k ES regen so in a boss fight I can afford some stationary blight spam, and casting every 0.35 an ED dot doesn't seems the best option for overall dps.
"
Ing_Lercio wrote:
I can't stop thinking on cwc ED, blight dot stacking in boss fights is a major source of damage, the setup with ED is killing the base value of blight stacking while giving me a single big dot, so im trying to figure out if we can put ED into the body armor in a 6 link or less setup. Actually Im sitting on something like 1.2k ES regen so in a boss fight I can afford some stationary blight spam, and casting every 0.35 an ED dot doesn't seems the best option for overall dps.

ED has Hit part as well, not only DoT, so it adds damage while spammed every 0.35s. ED Hit part of the damage adds up to your Regen as well. Other thing, you cannot really use ED without CWC because of high mana cost. In 4link it is 61 mana, which is pretty much my whole mana pool. In 6link it would be like 80.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 3, 2018, 8:40:34 PM
"
Ing_Lercio wrote:

I'll have to do some math (maybe tonight, I just got back from work though) to see how the damage compares to each other.
A 6 link ED, would require you to likely take out the less duration, as well as link it so you would need 4b2g (completely doable with some effort) ((The linking though, I'd never be able to accomplish. The game hates me))

But anyways, I'll get back to you with some numbers to see which one pairs up.

The math will be Cast time of blight with duration to see how many stacks we can get. those stacks x blight dmg.

Second math will be the same, but with cwc ed.
Then I'll add the ed damage per cast, as well whatever the ed dot is.

Personally I feel like a full blight would come out stronger, however I haven't played around with CWC enough to get a decent feel for it.

"
rippmania wrote:

Lifesprig can always carry you pretty far, and then if you happen to be sitting on some currency to burn you can always grab abberath's hooves or a pair of poets pen(which is much cheaper, though I've found 2 so far, where as I've still found 0 abberath's hooves ever)

Personally I find leveling with a tabula more cumbersome than helpful. There are so many decent leveling uniques with actual stats on them, and you really don't need more than a 4 link for leveling.

Another way to level, around 43 I think it is for clayshapers. Grab two of those, and go crazy with 3 fire golems, sure you aren't spec'd for them but they're still really strong with a few links (Might add that to the leveling section so I remember to do it for next league)
I've tried some options on path of building, and I think a fully six link essence drain into the chest would kill the death's aura to an useless level of damage, (and is pretty hard to obtain). The best thing I'v tried so far is a 5 link ED with arcane surge, void, swift and efficacy to boost both the damage of the aura and the ED part, with a sixth socket not linked with concentrated effect for bosting only the death's aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info