[3.0] RF Mjolner Discharge Juggernaut - Unburnable

If you're looking for a fast build that can handle end game content then this is the build for you! Or some other build, I'm not your dad.

The build only requires one expensive item (Voll's Devotion) and a works with 4 links so it's pretty cheap to get going

The build uses Mjolner and Discharge to dish out some nice damage.

It also uses righteous fire and once you get enough regen and fire res you can sustain it permanently

We have elemental equilibrium and some cold damage on cyclone to reduce the enemies fire and lightning resistance.

It uses Romerias banquet to gain power charges on non-critical strikes

And Voll's devotion to gain endurance charges

I went juggernaut to be fast and tanky, check out the ascendancy tab for more info.

Items
Spoiler

- REQUIRED
This item has received a few nerfs but it's still very viable in the right build

- REQUIRED
Mine cost 120 chaos, the build can function without but your discharge damage will be lacking

- REQUIRED
This is essential to ensure you can sustain righteous fire

- REQUIRED
Free power charge generation as we go elemental overload

- NICE DAMAGE BOOST
Not build defining but very good for boosting damage

For your other gear you want to focus on capping resists and life

Death's dance are a nice damage boost and being immune to bleed is great. Life + res + movespeed boots will also work

+1 endurance charge is great for boosting your damage and survivability.
Doryanis is cheap and decent for the build.

A plus 3 ring is very useful to max out your fire res - You will need some cold damage on hit to proc elemental equilibrium

Kaoms heart is a nice addition but I haven't got one so far and am running uber lab fine

Jewels
Spoiler

I had to take a bit of dex and int on jewels, along with some resistances since it's a very unique heavy build.

Jewels with + all attributes or dexterity/intelligence and some resistances (cold and lightning) may be required depending on your Ring/Helm

For damage jewels you should use jewels with fire damage / spell damage / burning damage

Life on jewels is also nice

Ascendance
Spoiler

I took juggernaut for the insane tankiness and free endurance charges

For normal? and cruel? we take Unflinching and Unrelenting for the increased damage and endurance charge generation

Next we take Unstoppable since this gives us amazing movement speed and makes Cyclone feel great - this also makes us immune to freeze and chill, slowing ground effects and temp chains slows. All that tedious shit in maps that everyone hates, not a problem for this build.

Finally we take Unyielding as this gives us amazing tankiness, extra regen for our righteous fire and more damage

Pantheon Important info here
Spoiler

Minor

Soul of Abberath - reduced fire damage while moving helps sustain righteous fire.

Major

Soul of Arakaali - reduced damage over time helps sustain RF - chaos res for damage over time and increased regen after you stop taking damage over time which means when you turn your RF off you will shoot back up to full health in no time. It's also great for traps. I recommend capturing the souls required to max this.

Gems
Spoiler

In weapon - Discharge - Controlled destruction - Elemental focus
There is no need for this to ignite anymore since ignite damage is so low unless scaled on the tree or with gear. Having Elemental Focus means you don't need to switch between increase AOE and conc effect

Righteous fire - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect - Increased Burning damage
Increased burning damage is huge for righteous fire now as it has a MORE multiplier. I use concentrated effect for the damage increase but you can use increased area if you like.

Cyclone - Fortify - (Increased Accuracy - Faster Attacks)
This is what we use to proc our discharge - Fortify is amazing with the ascendancy we choose (in uber lab) and makes you very tanky. Increased accuracy is important since you're base chance to hit will be low, get this as high as you can with the dex you have.

Cast On Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Summon Stone Golem
With 8 endurance charges this will make you immune to physical damage for (insert math here) - a really long time.

Blasphemy - Flammability
Standard single curse for a but of extra damage. While leveling (prior to getting to 89 fire res) I used warlords mark for a bit of extra leach

Purity of fire (+2/3 ring) (Empower level 3/4)
Essential for sustaining righteous fire - LEVEL 23 PURITY OF FIRE IS REQUIRED TO SUSTAIN RF

Spell totem + scorching ray
Helps to cut through bosses a little faster

Tree

Current tree - level 91

Paste bin poe tree https://pastebin.com/CcLFBvSK

Bandits
OAK - Life regen - very important

Flask
Spoiler

You have a few choices here depending on your budget.

Aziris promise is great as it gives you a nice big damage boost and helps protect you from chaos damage. They're also very cheap

The wise Oak is great because you will most definitely have higher fire res than any other res so you get free pen

Dying sun may be nice but it's pretty expensive.

A flask of dousing is required because you may need to stop righteous fire when you take a few big hits just to regen up

Leveling
Spoiler

Early game I used sunder, it's pretty good up until acts 9-10 where it starts to fall off a little unless you have a good weapon.

I found Cast while channeling - scorching ray - firestorm pretty good for leveling but it sucked against some bosses (giant spider)

You can use discharge as soon as you can use mjolner as long as you have romiras - it's not great for single target until you get volls but until then you can use cyclone + stun + endurance charge on melee stun as well as blasphemy and warlords mark to generate endurance charges - this works pretty well in early maps

I was able to kill kitava with that set up, cycloning in front of him actually avoids a lot of his damage. It was a little slow though

Righteous fire can also be sustained quite early. Once you get a rise of the pheonix and use blasphemy and warlords mark for life steal and purity of fire you can sustain it as long as you are cycloning through packs. Make sure you have an of dousing flask to turn it off if you get in a sticky situation (I used a panicked of dousing life flask to instantly put my health up and turn off RF when I got low)

Once you have 23 purity of fire equipped (+2 (with lvl 21 PoF)/3 ring or empower) and most of the regen nodes I've suggested you should be able to sustain RF, it is also sustainable in up 60% reduced regen maps while you have fortify (as long as it's not paired with vulnerability)

Tips
Spoiler

Your gear requires a lot of strength and int which is why the tree paths so high up into witch and down towards duelist. You will still require some int on gear - it can be gained from rings/helm fairly easily or even jewels.

Resistances outside of fire res might be an issue - you may need to buy some specific jewels to cap your cold and lightning resistances.

In no regen maps
Switch flammability for warlords mark and you will have no problems

In low regen maps
Turn your righteous fire on only for tough mobs, you can clear most stuff without righteous fire. Keep your finger over your dousing flask key

A remove burning flask is essential - this will help you in sticky situations

While leveling you can use Stun - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in cyclone as a cheap way to generate endurance charges for discharge

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Spoiler

Amazing in lab - can run through all traps with righteous fire down - stand on fire, regen through other traps. Has no problems against any of Izaros mods so easy 3 keys

Fast as hell - not being slowed makes all maps a breeze - none of that tedious rubbish with temp chains or tar spreading zombies is going to slow down your clear speed

Immune to freeze

Immune to bleed (if you get Death's Dance)

Tanky - perma fortify, huge regen, massive fire res, huge physical reduction

Easy to play - press cyclone = kill stuff. Some micro required with flasks and RF

More fun than pure RF

Cons
Spoiler

Bad against chaos damage

Not the biggest single target damage

Tough to get going - need 89 fire res and lots of regen to sustain RF

Videos
Spoiler

Potato quality T15 Corrupted Colosseum
https://youtu.be/HtKLlBLWAeE

More info to come

Please let me know if you have any questions/tips/suggestions about the build

Edit:
All 4 guardians completed
Aziri completed
Uber lab - farmed
Uber Aziri - not attempted
Shaper - failed (but probably down to my poor mechanics)

[ºµº] oh boy here I go killing again
Last edited by silverbackjack on Sep 11, 2017, 11:55:16 AM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 11:50:22 AM
Looks interesting. What did you take for bandits?
Nice reminder - added bandits
Look's interesting just a few questions.

#1 in your shield u have warlords mark and flammability, But you have no +1 amulet or wisper's of doom?

#2 how far have you taken this particular build is it sharper/guardian viable, or must a bit of tweaking be done?

Im currently leveling with this atm and it seems to be holding up fine so far just wanted clarification on those points.
Last edited by Damo1984 on Aug 20, 2017, 3:15:50 PM
"
Damo1984 wrote:
Look's interesting just a few questions.

#1 in your shield u have warlords mark and flammability, But you have no +1 amulet or wisper's of doom?

#2 how far have you taken this particular build is it sharper/guardian viable, or must a bit of tweaking be done?

Im currently leveling with this atm and it seems to be holding up fine so far just wanted clarification on those points.

Warlords was for leveling - I've just not removed it so far.

I've done two of the four guardians, Minotaur and Hydra were no problem really and after a couple of tries I've managed them deathless.

I will update once I've had a shot at shaper
Mjolner builds are so god damn fun that I would be willing to reroll my level 80 mess just to give it another try with this.

I do hate to be a noob though and am wondering if you would provide a general run down of your passive tree for every x levels. Would be super grateful!

Also, what do you think about a 5L Kingsguard or would that put too much strain on resists and stats?
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Aug 22, 2017, 7:57:42 PM
Hey. Trying to do something similar.
I've got a question. Do you have any mana issues with this build? Because it seems u won't use warlord's mark anymore
"
PakhanGregor wrote:
Hey. Trying to do something similar.
I've got a question. Do you have any mana issues with this build? Because it seems u won't use warlord's mark anymore

Not really, occasionally against harbingers but it seems that some of these sap your mana or something because I never have issues elsewhere.
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Mjolner builds are so god damn fun that I would be willing to reroll my level 80 mess just to give it another try with this.

I do hate to be a noob though and am wondering if you would provide a general run down of your passive tree for every x levels. Would be super grateful!

Also, what do you think about a 5L Kingsguard or would that put too much strain on resists and stats?

I'll try add some more detailed leveling tips this evening when I'm online.

Kingsguard might work if you get enough resistances elsewhere. I am currently using a 5l brass dome to test it out a little. Obviously Kaoms is the best in slot for your armor but if you can't afford one (like me) others will do.
I started the league with a juggernaut and wanted to go Discharge on it. Didn't get it going really. Your build seems nice, will def check it out with my little Juggy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info