[3.3] How to Smash Heads. Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker edition.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Thanks mate! As for your question i better quote the guide:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
2.. Skills and Support Gems

Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect + Ruthless + Maim

Short explanation:
This is your Ancestral Warchief gem setup and the support gems are listed in order of importance. S...[/spoiler]

So the 6th gem is Maim ;)

Thanks for the answer man, i appreciatte it :D
Im having fun now farming without any worries since the block chance is so high and the life as well

And yeah btw, i've seen some changes u post recently on the 1st page.

My questions now is this,

1. What's your reason to pick Tukohama instead of The Surrender? Is the Surrender still a good option?
2. Is there anyway i can sustain my mana without carrying mana flask? (bcos i dont have Tukohama now hehe :D)
3. Is the damage of ur totems still good enough even tho you dont have any active auras? (from your shaper video)
4. Do you use minion and totem ele resis sup gem because u feel like u run maps that usually have monsters with big ele damage and have to use them or u just find the added res sup useful in general?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :)
Last edited by ricodapanja on Aug 30, 2017, 3:45:04 PM
1. Well Tukohama is just ... better when it comes to damage and utility. The third totem is a huge boost to your damage and it helps you cover a larger area, at the same time you have yet another totem that taunt your enemies (if you go with CHieftain) which i find a pretty nice bonus to your survivability. It's true though that you loose some armour, 5% block chance and life gained on block, but i'd say that this is all worth it all things considered. And also lets not forget that higher damage = faster boss kills = less chance for the boss to kill you.

Overall i feel that my build as it is is tanky enough so Tukohama's Fortress was an easy pick for me.

2. I never really felt that the flask is needed outside of maps with reduced/no regen. Even at 6L the cost per totem is 25 and you only recast them when needed so for me at least the natural mana regen was more than enough.

3. With a third totem you actually end up dealing more damage compared to 2 totems + hatred + HoA

4. Well in my opinion it is good in general for your golem if you are lazy and don't like to recast it over and over again ( and if you have the free socket) The damn thing keeps dying constantly ... even with it ... and it's worse without it. I'm actually considering dropping it altogether and spending the sockets on something else (though i really don't see on what ... maybe CWDT + Molten Shell)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How about the warden's brand? I know it provides no defense and great attack speed penalty but a max 26~54 phys damage sounds really good (like two good steel ring combined). So does it worth it?

Also Hierophant is for MoM and you don't need Tukohoma then.
With Warden's brand you essentially trade raw damage for attack speed and in the end you end up with the same or less DPS (less compared to a steel ring). Not to mention that less attack speed = less effective ruthless. And on top of that you have the complete lack of life and resistances.
As for hierophant. You don't really "need" more than 2 totems (evident by well ... most of the provided videos) and in the case of the Hierophant you deal less damage per placed totem. MoM is ok, but if you go with just the ascendancy MoM ... wath can i say ... a simple Arohongui, Moon's Presence pasive already gets you at the same level of damage mitigation while giving you a more damage multiplier on top of that. Of course you cna go for the actual MoM in the passive tree but that would require youto spend passive points for that specific reason. I don't know mate ... i just don't see it as being the better option. Again it will be playable for sure, just not better in my opinion, of course anyone is free to experiment and i'm all for that :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Quick question, which is more important. Getting 6L Belly for Maim or Tukohama's? I'm at the point where I can get one or the other. Thanks again!
Definitely the 6L
Done atziri at 68 (~ -20% for every resistance, chaos -50). with 3k life in Tabula Rasa. Used just one portal. Easy as hell, this build is kinda OP.
Yeah, i guess it kind of is OP.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 5, 2017, 10:39:59 AM
Would brutality be good if using tukohoma's fortress?
Not really, even without hatred/HoA it is still a worse option than Maim, not even factoring in things like Taste of Hate and/or Atziri's promise.

You could switch things around in Path of Building and see for yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info