Audio Feedback.

Hey there!

Well first and foremost, congratulations for such a great game and launch! I am so far very impressed by the quality of the music and the ambient sound! Everything sounds high production value!

Also can't wait for ambient / combat fader!

As I said, this my only little complaint! I am still amazed by the quality of the sound and of the overall game!

Cheers :)

*Edit: Figured I sounded like a douche, so, sorry, unintended!
Last edited by darkhypo on Feb 7, 2013, 2:10:28 PM
Just one little bug. There's no pickup sound for flasks.

(I don't recall encountering this bug in closed beta, could it be corrupted ggpk archive on my end?)
"
epeli wrote:
Just one little bug. There's no pickup sound for flasks.

(I don't recall encountering this bug in closed beta, could it be corrupted ggpk archive on my end?)

:P its always been this way.

Because of the way item sounds work (this stuff was added fairly early development) an item type can only have one sound. and flasks have the sound when you drink them.

Its on the list of issues to fix, but pretty low priority!
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
:P its always been this way.

Because of the way item sounds work (this stuff was added fairly early development) an item type can only have one sound. and flasks have the sound when you drink them.

Its on the list of issues to fix, but pretty low priority!
Gotcha. (I wonder why it never bothered me earlier...)

Another small bug. I don't know how to reproduce this, but occasionally sounds aren't positioned properly, or something to that effect. Eg. you may very loudly hear a party member fighting, as if he was standing right next to you, although he's off-screen. Just another minor issue, it's far from common and it usually lasts only for a short moment.
i just wanted to compliment you on the awesome audiotracks in the act3 solaris temple. Very intense and pushing - greatly supports the hardcore feeling. Love it. Right now i just wanna rush back home from work to listen to it^^. keep on the good work. cheers
there are alot of phaser problems, at least with spells when they hit.. can probably "fix" it so it wont happen as often by adding varied samples when a spell hits, ie fireball 1, firball 2, fireball 3 etc. alternating between them, you get the drift.
Just some loose thoughts from a new player:

* Voices in dialogs in general could use a bit of (dynamic) compression, to make the flow of the speech smoother.
* Voices in general could use a bit of equalising in general. For example, Bestel's voice lacks a lot of low-end which makes it a bit hard to hear what he's saying, and Tarkleigh's is a bit too "bassy" (not as severly though) which makes it sound a bit static and less dynamic. Nessas voice sounds a bit isolated "in the middle", making it seem to lack some dynamics too.

The Shadow's first voice acting line "Nothing like a brisk somethingorrather to start the day" is far too quiet.
I have to say that the audio has really improved since closed beta. Movement feels more alive, and zombies have the proper grunts :)
Thanks! more good stuff to come!
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info