Corrupted Energy + Chaos Degen = Death

# 3,770,763,334

Character is SoulTetherMaybe in Harbinger SC

for my corrupted items, with
being the focus here. I show Soul Tether unequipped because the previous bug report thread about this interaction was considering the item a factor in this bug, when apparently it's not.

As you'll see, any amount chaos degen is absolutely devastating, even a single poison from a dinky little worm. Both caustic clouds and poison do this, fire degen and bleed do not.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Aug 16, 2017, 7:46:43 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2017, 9:26:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
found this when was about to report same bug.

some extra info from me:
- it appears to be the case with every single source of chaos dot i could find, including not mentioned chaos golems and desecrated ground.
- My char in Harbringer SC: Krolewna_Smieszka
- my repro is with different items
- I have MOM, it drains ES first, then life and mana at same time. From my understanding chaos dots were suposed not to touch ES at all.
- doesnt seem to be affected by chaos resistance, tested with -60% and +20%
- Ive tested in t1 maps, my bars disappear faster than in above post
I have fixed this locally for deployment in a future patch. Thanks for the help in tracking it down.

The bug is that the stat that should make 50% of chaos damage not bypass ES is acidentally multiplying the amount of chaos damage over time you take that doesn't bypass ES by 100. Then, because the amount of chaos damage you take which does still bypass ES is worked out by subtracting the non-bypassing amount from the total chaos damage you're taking over time, that value ends up negative, and thus doesn't apply. This is why none of the chaos DoT is applied to life/mana until after ES is drained, despite 50% of the chaos damage still being supposed to bypass ES.
"
Trixilai wrote:
I have MOM, it drains ES first, then life and mana at same time. From my understanding chaos dots were suposed not to touch ES at all.
Chaos DoTs would normally bypass ES entirely, but the modifier on Corrupted Energy specifically says that 50% of the chaos damage does not bypass ES - thus it damages ES rather than life/mana. It's just doing so too hard with the bug.
"
Trixilai wrote:
doesnt seem to be affected by chaos resistance, tested with -60% and +20%
It is technically still affected by resistance, but the 100x damage is making that hard to see.
Glad to be of service. :)

If you're looking to have some dumb fun with this bug, you could use corrupted energy+writhing jar+death's oath and a cast on death setup in every slot, it'd be hilarious. That'd be my suggestion for the upcoming build of the week btw ;)
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
I'm a little miffed that I reported this bug 72 hours prior and received no GGG replies or notification.

(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955725)

Some might guess that Supporters receive preferential treatment, but I think that it's that I've beaten Mark and the other GGG employees in Solforge Draft so much over the last few years that they've got to get back at me anyway they can. =P

Glad to see it will be fixed soon.
"
Pregapago wrote:
I'm a little miffed that I reported this bug 72 hours prior and received no GGG replies or notification.

(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955725)

Some might guess that Supporters receive preferential treatment, but I think that it's that I've beaten Mark and the other GGG employees in Solforge Draft so much over the last few years that they've got to get back at me anyway they can. =P

Glad to see it will be fixed soon.

I posted about it and also got no GGG replies, so I don't think it's related to being a supporter or not.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1942891
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Last edited by cryptc on Aug 21, 2017, 3:05:06 AM
I wonder if this is already fixed locally why the bug fix was not deployed in the last patch?
Can confirm that prior to 3.0.1B this effect was still happening as of 8/24/17. I do not see any patch note indicating this has been fixed.

I tested again after 3.0.1B landed and confirmed that this is still instant rip. Mark do we have an ETA on when this will be implemented? Some of us have builds that are totally based upon this jewel that are not functioning and it's been two patches at this point in which other bugs have been fixed.
Last edited by Doctor_Pingas on Aug 24, 2017, 11:28:30 PM
Its very easy to test (locally and live) by using a forbidden taste + corrupted energy jewel active = instant rip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info