Corrupted Energy + Chaos Degen = Death

I have fixed this locally for deployment in a future patch. Thanks for the help in tracking it down.

The bug is that the stat that should make 50% of chaos damage not bypass ES is acidentally multiplying the amount of chaos damage over time you take that doesn't bypass ES by 100. Then, because the amount of chaos damage you take which does still bypass ES is worked out by subtracting the non-bypassing amount from the total chaos damage you're taking over time, that value ends up negative, and thus doesn't apply. This is why none of the chaos DoT is applied to life/mana until after ES is drained, despite 50% of the chaos damage still being supposed to bypass ES.
"
Trixilai wrote:
I have MOM, it drains ES first, then life and mana at same time. From my understanding chaos dots were suposed not to touch ES at all.
Chaos DoTs would normally bypass ES entirely, but the modifier on Corrupted Energy specifically says that 50% of the chaos damage does not bypass ES - thus it damages ES rather than life/mana. It's just doing so too hard with the bug.
"
Trixilai wrote:
doesnt seem to be affected by chaos resistance, tested with -60% and +20%
It is technically still affected by resistance, but the 100x damage is making that hard to see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info