D3 2.6.1 PTR patch notes

I cant really get into D3 for every long, The game-play is fun but there is no depth to the building process and feels very repetitive and the whole self found thing bugs me

the fact that your set defines you build....

Blizz may as well hand you premade characters
I dont see any any key!
I would just simply revert the entire Poe to 2.0 or whatever and just keep the added content up to 2.6.

3.0 is awful this game is more dead than ever

The age of spark and coc was Poe peak before ascendancy or maybe ascendancy but without a dead Scion would be perfect imo
Last edited by yahoogmail on Aug 17, 2017, 11:40:45 AM
POE is actually a great game. They just need to add to the "end-game" content to make it more challenging. Currently everything dies within a sneeze, even the toughest of bosses.

D3 is not perfect by any stretch but there are elements in there which POE can pick up and incorporate into the game. POE is essentially a much refined version of D2 (i.e its time to move on), which is unsurprising considering that was the inspiration in which this game was based on.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Aug 17, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
I don't know what's worse: watching POE fanboys regurgitate shit from 2012 still or WoW fanboys think that WoW is still a good game in 2017.
"
I don't know what's worse: watching POE fanboys regurgitate shit from 2012 still or WoW fanboys think that WoW is still a good game in 2017.

I still like WoW lol

its certainly not at is peak but still very enjoyable for me
I dont see any any key!
i enjoyed d3 but the seasons just got old and repetitive. It's fun to pickup here and there for a new season. Challenging is different to different people.

in POE i've found it's challenging to find the right gear, the right builds, and succeed at end game. Once there, it's a different story but the trading, hideouts, skills, builds, itemization is so much of the challenge as well as the gameplay. There are options and real choices in POE.

where diablo failed for me (this is my personal opinion after years of playing)is that i don't consider not being geared enough to do a boss a challenge. We can argue that gr90+ is hard and challenging all day but getting there is no challenge and doing it is based on so many factors that are not challenging or enjoyable for me. I bought the necromancer pack, leveled to 70 in an hour. had my haedrigs set in another hour or so and boom, im at gr 70+ in less than a day. The challenge now is to find the same exact items i am using but with slightly better stats and to raise my paragon to x level before the next greater rift completion. It's boring and unrewarding, the growth of your character is handed to you and everything else is just pure rng and gambling.

in poe, i find myself analyzing every item, every skill point. sacrifices , choices, decisions. My characters feel rewarding. end game feels rewarding (i am on console poe btw). I have not even scratched the surface of POE and I am enjoying the real choices i have so much more.

i really don't see how anything in the newest d3 patch changes the game. Everyone i know that plays d3 jumps in for a season and leaves two weeks later. i don't see anything in this patch that changes that. A lot of my friends are even tired of the seasons because the rewards are terrible and seasons just aren't offering much anymore. Every season it's basically a buff to 1 set from each class , you do 1 billion more damage with that set and the abilities associated with that set. It never changes. On any given character in d3 there are 11 useful items that you will need to progress...that's it nothing else. There's no ultra rare awesome rolled legendary that you could build around (except maybe some LoN classes but it's still based around a set). I don't know how people can play it after a month in seasons. It's fun , it's fluid, the animations are great but it's such a bore after you get your set , looking for that slight increase in a stat on the same gear. I feel there are just so many real choices in POE unlike the scripted path for you in d3.

sorry for the rant . THis patch looks like every other patch in d3.
Im a wotlk player 75% time subbed and I still play wow a LOT more often than I play poe by a far amount.

POE is just too shit right now and the cash grabber company.
I haven't played D3 in a long while but I do remember its combat being considerably more complex and needing to be in order to progress through higher GR tiers. For example for solo Barbarians the top ladder build involved a seemingly and un-intuitive set of skills and gear that required you to juggle many indifferent resources including rage, skill charges and even mob pack density. That last one one was key as you never wanted mob density to fall below a certain threshold as they were used to generate the other two resources but you needed to kill them in a timely manner to summon the rift guardian. In PoE you pretty much drop a debuff or 2 and blow everything up with a single skill while swiping your finger across the number keys constantly. Things in PoE only get interesting mechanically when you're dealing with major bosses and those are relatively few and far between as they're gated behind RNG/Economy.

As for PoE itself there's something not so much as a buff but a complete redesign I'd like to see and it's the skill gem link system. It started out as a neat concept, have a skill, make it be different by linking it to a number of different support gems. The problem is GGG realized too late that this system would have to support an insane number of support gems, most of which would only impact a small number of skills. Hence why we have seen in recent years more skill gems and the support gems that do come out tend to be mostly focused on providing power spikes instead of mechanical changes.

But then that too leads two other problems. First, an insane number of skills that vary mechanically only slightly, and secondly, having to balance a support gems power over an ever growing number of skill gems. D3's solution to the first problem problem was the skill rune system and GGG is basically adopting that system in their own way with threshold jewels. Unfortunately this too is another band-aid approach as now we'll have an insane number of threshold jewels. On top of that there are only so many jewel slots on the board a build that isn't specializing in jewels can realistically reach, which most likely means that actual support skills like heralds, auras, totems and curses will unlikely ever get threshold jewels. The second problem of balancing support gem power is still there and GGG is kind of trying to balance that with a whole new slew of 'More Damage' support gems to balance things out, but that'll just increase the headache later on.

What I'd like to see is them to put the support gem effects right into the skills themselves. Basically as you level a skill gem it reaches a point where it can have an additional support effect. Say at level 1 a gem can have 1 support effect, level 5 it can have 2, 10 it goes to 3, 15 it goes to 4 and at 20 it goes to 5. Next a UI would be needed to show a gem's current and possible support effects. Support effects can still be leveled as long as they are currently active in the loadout of a gem. Attribute requirements can still be applied as well. Fusing orbs would probably disappear (or be reworked into some other aspect such as trying to fuse two pieces of gear together and get another item with mods from either item or some such, could be fun.) Chromatic orbs would either disappear in to the orb vault(along with eternal orbs and such) or they could be used to color support sockets in a gem's loadout. For event casting effects (Cast on Crit, Cast While Channeling, etc) the spell gem would occupy support socket and that gem's supports would be added to the list of available supports.

There's other issues that I'm sure I haven't posted here but they could be worked around. The point being is now skill gems can have support effects tuned specifically to them instead of trying to balance single support gem for an ever growing number of skills. New mechanical effects can be put directly inside the gem instead of trying to shoehorn them into the passive tree. Actual support active skills can get new mechanical effects. Basically it leads to complexity through modularity which handles changes and additions much easier than the current system which is complexity through inter-linking. The current system leads to complications the longer it goes on and the more you ask it to do. Scotty had a great quote in Star Trek III, "The more they overthink the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info