[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
resipsa wrote:
Kira,

Thanks for replying to so many people. I hate to add to the requests, but I was wondering if you'd look at my Scion. I can't quite survive Uber Lab, and can't yet beat Atziri reliably, but I've not had issue clearing lvl 9 and 10 maps. Damage seems to be no issue at all.

I know I need to up survivability, but until I get more currency I can't take big steps (Xoph's, for example, is probably out of reach unless I get some lucky currency drops). What I'd like is some advice about what gear upgrade or two I should be prioritizing at this point.

Part of it is practice avoiding Uber traps, and activating enduring cry and potions more quickly, but I do think there's definitely space for gear to improve. Thanks in advance.

For Uber Lab, you can carry 2 x life flasks. Both with anti-bleed (unless you have Death's Door boots which gives you the anti-bleed). 1 will have 50% instant heal while the other can just be a normal anti-bleed flask.

Pick Soul of Ryslatha for minor god so that you can have free charges every few seconds for not using life flask.

Your character is hidden so I am not able to provide further suggestion on how you can improve your character.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
resipsa wrote:
Kira,

Thanks for replying to so many people. I hate to add to the requests, but I was wondering if you'd look at my Scion. I can't quite survive Uber Lab, and can't yet beat Atziri reliably, but I've not had issue clearing lvl 9 and 10 maps. Damage seems to be no issue at all.

I know I need to up survivability, but until I get more currency I can't take big steps (Xoph's, for example, is probably out of reach unless I get some lucky currency drops). What I'd like is some advice about what gear upgrade or two I should be prioritizing at this point.

Part of it is practice avoiding Uber traps, and activating enduring cry and potions more quickly, but I do think there's definitely space for gear to improve. Thanks in advance.

For Uber Lab, you can carry 2 x life flasks. Both with anti-bleed (unless you have Death's Door boots which gives you the anti-bleed). 1 will have 50% instant heal while the other can just be a normal anti-bleed flask.

Pick Soul of Ryslatha for minor god so that you can have free charges every few seconds for not using life flask.

Your character is hidden so I am not able to provide further suggestion on how you can improve your character.

Should be fixed now. I don't think I even realized it was a setting. Made some changes since I posted last, feel a little better, but definitely feeling short on armor and health atm.
"
resipsa wrote:

Should be fixed now. I don't think I even realized it was a setting. Made some changes since I posted last, feel a little better, but definitely feeling short on armor and health atm.

I see that you are using Windscream boots but only have 1 single curse setup. You can switch to rare boots and use Enfeeble instead of Flammability for lab. This will greatly improve your survivability.

And in Uber lab, you can replace Sibyl's Lament with a rare ring that gives you more life. If you run into elemental reflect mob, you can just skip them.

Changing Carnage Heart to a high life roll rare amulet will also help in improving your toughness.

And as mentioned earlier, you can replace your Ruby flask to another anti-bleed life flask when you are farming Uber lab.

On your jewels, getting life % rolls on them is huge as they will easily push your life over 6000.
I appreciate it. I don't have enough reserve to run blasphemy on both curses unless I remove herald, which may be ok. Otherwise, adding enfeeble to codt just doesn't seem to apply it to enough mobs to make it worth it, though I suppose it isn't terrible against bosses. Adding it to CODT does require dropping either increased duration or enduring cry, and I'm not a fan of doing either.

I did just pick up a cospri's will, and assuming I can get enough links, I'm tempted to use it, get better boots, and take iron reflexes.
I'll try this on Mayhem, any early unique item ideas besides the weapons mentioned? I shouldn't level with cyclone cause it's too slow? I'm tired of sunder.
Last edited by drbokorkati on Nov 22, 2017, 4:26:39 PM
"
resipsa wrote:
I appreciate it. I don't have enough reserve to run blasphemy on both curses unless I remove herald, which may be ok. Otherwise, adding enfeeble to codt just doesn't seem to apply it to enough mobs to make it worth it, though I suppose it isn't terrible against bosses. Adding it to CODT does require dropping either increased duration or enduring cry, and I'm not a fan of doing either.

I did just pick up a cospri's will, and assuming I can get enough links, I'm tempted to use it, get better boots, and take iron reflexes.

If you want to run dual curse, you can drop Herald of Ash. To run all 3 will need Enlighten level 4.

Dropping either Flammability or Herald of Ash while you are leveling is definitely doable since you have more than enough damage to clear most content.

"
drbokorkati wrote:
I'll try this on Mayhem, any early unique item ideas besides the weapons mentioned? I shouldn't level with cyclone cause it's too slow? I'm tired of sunder.

You can look into the leveling to 55 under Slayer guide for leveling gears. Other than that, the only unique that you really need to get the build going is just the axe. :)

As to leveling skill, besides sunder, there are: Earthquake, Cleave, Molten Strike that you can consider.
"
drbokorkati wrote:

To be honest, I had no trouble with leveling using cyclone. Just use a high damage 2H weapon, and stock a couple of movement speed potions. Just don't AoF until 55 or after.
how powerful is this build worth to start as league starter?
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
how powerful is this build worth to start as league starter?

All you need is just Ngamahu axe to get you started in farming Uber Lab, which can be achieve by day 2 if you are playing in trading league.
One last question. We now have overleech with the Scion. How good will her Sustain be with traps.Can i just kill monsters and run through it like i did with Slayer last league? Or do i need to play with more caution?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info