[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

"
Would it be possible to league start with this build (zero currency)?

Would just hard casting the brand and using flame surge be enough to carry into maps?

-Absolutely. This has been my league starter since Delve. You can start maps easily with a 4L, and most of the stuff is quite cheap.

-I usually level with Arma Brand to clear, and use only Flame Surge on bosses. I also like to get Malachai's Artifice asap to wreck bosses.
It's too bad that they changed movement skill requirements. I'll have to figure out what to change for Whirling Blades, since it won't work with just one dagger.
Yeah, now you need to use two daggers, you lose the sceptre implicit, but it's not that bad. Although now you also need good attack speed on both weapons.
Bump, guide is updated with the newest version of the build.
I'm thinking about league starting with this build.

What are the best 4L for Surge and Brand?
FS : Intensify - Concentrated Effect - Spell Echo (new Pledge of Hands may change that, to be confirmed)
AB : Combustion - Immolate - Concentrated Effect (Faster Casting is also fine to keep area of effect, and clear speed)
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Jun 2, 2019, 5:38:03 AM
If it's of any academic value, this character has a fair amount of similarities (both being flame surge tricksters with kitavas thirst). Theres a bunch of differences too though which, i dont know, someone might be interested in.

Random stats:
Offense: I dont know lol im bad at PoB and barely use it. Probably a fair amount less than this build. Good enough for u-elder and all that though.
Defense: ~5250 life and ~3100 es atm. 47% block and 17% spell block while afking in hideout, with rumis available and the occasional bone offering boosting those values. Missing the double clarity mod watchers eye (not rich enough), running without the extra ES atm. Steelskin almost 50% uptime if spammed (in theory anyway).
Cost: Staff 60c, chest 40c (a lot cheaper now), watchers 30c (maybe cheaper now too?), most other rares in the 10-15c area with belt and kitavas almost costing nothing (1-3c or so). Only really high cost is whatever amount of fusings it takes to 6link the chest.

Theres probably some empower/enlighten optimizations possible (not rich enough to buy those this early either) and well as the watchers eye. Other than that i was pretty happy with it. Obviously you can buy better rares too but didnt feel i needed it for anything so im just gonna level something else and save the money for that instead.

Oh and this build takes button spamming to the next level. The guide says not recommended for mindless farming and my build probably makes that way worse lol.
Last edited by Krebbo on Jun 17, 2019, 6:16:36 PM
I like it very much. I've always wanted to try Duskdawn, since it's cheap this league I'll give it a shot. There's some great potential there.
I'd go with a bit more mana though, trying to get MoM to get that extra surviability.
And to be honest, I'd like to have more buttons to push, but unfortunately, the UI is very limited.

Thanks for sharing! :)

(PS : here's a properly configured PoB link https://pastebin.com/u9jnFXA7)
Ya Im pretty much spamming
- Steelskin: Dno not worth trying to use it "smart" i think, you'll get more use of it just spamming it on CD imo.
- Vortex: Free triple curse since its instant. You can obviously do frostbolt in helmet together with it too for better clear/curse spread. I just kinda end up not using it since i dont wanna sac a jewel slot for more frostbolt projectiles.
- Brand recall: Arcane surge and a little assist DPS.

All three are mashed constantly, and then we havent even started with the actual flame surge and flasks.

I also put a mana leech gem in head. I found I'd still occasionally run oom with only Weave+Watchers, so I kinda had to either 1) live with that issue 2) get a mana flask 3) find another extra mana source. I tried all 3 but in the end I ended up with that gem there, liked it the best.

I guess my build is more "in your face" with higher life/es/block to allow me to get close enough to use the limited range of brand recall and vortex compared to yours. I guess I also kinda like jumping into packs/bosses :) and 3xCurse is really nice without having to stop casting flame surge. As I said probably lower DPS than yours I guess.

In theory I should probably vaal RF or vaal grace or something somewhere too. Barely using the shitty golem in the staff, it just dies anyway. But in the end i just wanted to skip having yet another button to press. You can also 6link the staff for some funny blind/culling/whatever vortex shenanigans.

Glad you liked it anyway!
Last edited by Krebbo on Jun 18, 2019, 8:26:32 PM
Don't underestimate Duskdawn, when properly built it is a lot stronger than Pledge of Hands. Your DPS is more or less equal to mine, except that you don't use EE. If you can manage to get a Malachai's Artifice with Orb of Storms the DPS goes through the roof.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info